|By PR Newswire||
|August 26, 2014 10:27 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The key to a truly successful, useful and fully functional IT environment – whether on-premise or in the cloud – is being able to manage and control available resources. According to Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), a CIO's choice of centralized IT management application will affect the efficiency and functionality of the organization's IT environment as a whole – and ultimately, the overall user experience – something that's sure to be a hot topic at VMworld this week. To help IT pros explore their options, Logicalis has identified four ways VMware can help IT pros manage virtual resources.
"Proper management of a virtualized environment will of course yield lower overall IT costs for an organization," says Kevin Gruneisen, Senior Director, Cloud and Data Center Solutions, Logicalis US. "But perhaps the most important reason to manage those resources well is to improve IT's ability to respond quickly to requests for resources. If the IT department is properly managing its virtual machines, when a corporate user requests compute resources for an upcoming project, the CIO can simply open their self-service portal, for example, and see what resources are available and where. If they are, and if the project is budgeted, those requested resources can be easily provisioned. The difference between knowing and not knowing what you have available all comes down to management and the tools an IT pro chooses to use for that purpose. Speed and efficiency are two ingredients to business success and byproducts of good management."
Four Ways VMware Can Help You Manage Virtual Resources
- Controlling Virtual Sprawl: Justifications for moving from a physical to a virtual environment are easy to find – reduced costs and complexity, easier management, faster access to resources. However, based on the simplicity with which virtual resources can be created and allocated, IT departments have to guard against virtualization sprawl, creating more virtual machines than are needed. Because virtual machines have the same support, security and compliance issues that physical machines do, the cost of server sprawl can be significant. To capture the advantages of a virtualized environment, IT pros need to implement tools designed to help them pinpoint virtualization sprawl and to reclaim virtual resources when they are no longer being used.
- Creating Custom Dashboards: You can't manage what you can't see. Creating customized dashboards that give you the ability to oversee your environment on a day-to-day basis all from a single pane of glass gives you the ability to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of your environment and the strategies and solutions you have in place.
- Capacity Planning: After reigning in any virtual sprawl and setting up a dashboard for clear visibility of your resources, capacity planning is a good next step in effectively managing your environment. It's critical to know when you are going to need to add resources from compute and memory to storage.
- Automation and Orchestration: Once you have a highly efficient environment, automation is a natural evolutionary step; by automating important processes and creating templates for routine procedures, you can ensure best-in-class IT performance while keeping staffing and other overhead costs low.
Want to Learn More?
- Read a Logicalis press release, "Your Cloud Will Mirror Your On-Premise Environment," then download a Logicalis+VMware white paper, "Cloud – Less Talk, More Action."
- Find out how to simplify IT management across virtualized environments with VMware tools: http://ow.ly/AeYpc.
- Read a case study to find out how Logicalis helped a client, Conseco, develop a comprehensive virtualization strategy to ensure high-level data center performance: http://ow.ly/Af2yQ.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration, data center and cloud services, and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,700 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of $1.6 billion, from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific, and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US
Feb. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,788
Feb. 24, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,816
Feb. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 13,194
Feb. 24, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 9,540
Feb. 24, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 3,775
Feb. 24, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 5,730
Feb. 24, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,893
Feb. 24, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,538
Feb. 24, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,894
Feb. 24, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 969
Feb. 23, 2017 11:30 PM EST Reads: 6,299
Feb. 23, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 7,020
Feb. 23, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 4,608
Feb. 23, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,526
Feb. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,298