|By Business Wire||
|August 26, 2014 11:15 AM EDT||
GamesBeat, a division of VentureBeat, has announced the final roster of participants for its conference to take place at Parc 55 Wyndham, San Francisco, September 15 & 16, 2014. Now in its sixth year, the event welcomes gaming industry legend Peter Molynuex, Spike TV's Geoff Keighley, Zynga COO Clive Downie, Unity's David Helgason, in addition to 500 of the leading figures in the industry for two days of panels, fireside chats, and networking.
"Last year, we talked about the 'Battle Royal' as barriers between the different industry segments came down," said Dean Takahashi, co-founder and lead writer for GamesBeat. "Now, in the bid for 'Total World Domination,' the competition to become the biggest global gaming company is wide open. This year's event will mark who's winning and who's losing the battle. And it will also introduce this year's hottest gaming startup via our ‘Innovation Showdown Competition.'"
The deadline to enter the Innovation Showdown is AUGUST 25th. ENTER NOW: https://venturebeat2.wufoo.com/forms/whos-got-game-innovation-showdown-2014/
Newly added to the agenda, GamesBeat University will feature gaming industry experts, developers, and rockstars to lead more intimate discussions on topics including: porting games to mobile; analytics strategies and implementation; player segmentation; leveraging HTML5; critical sources for marketing intelligence; monetization approaches; mechanics of charts and app stores rankings; internationalization strategies; raising funds; as well as the importance of re-engaging players.
Michael Ehrenberg, consultant and former marketing manager at Apple, will give a talk about how to position your game, so it can be considered for being featured in the App Store — a critical step in helping your product stand out among the million-plus apps already on the market. Ehrenberg will offer tips based on his own experiences pitching Apple and later working on the inside.
GamesBeat University is for game industry professionals to learn the recipes for success in a series of short hands-on talks. Executives from the top studios and companies will unveil tips and tricks that can help developers build successful games and businesses.
University presentations are meant to be actionable for game developers and entrepreneurs and will showcase concrete solutions to common challenges.
Tickets are on sale now: www.venturebeat.com/events/gamesbeat2014.
GENERAL SESSIONS SPEAKER LINE-UP
- Peter Molyneux, gaming industry legend with a career that spans four decades of landmark games, currently the founder of development house 22cans
- Clive Downie, chief operating officer of Zynga, oversees the company’s worldwide operations and execution.
- Chris DeWolfe, chief executive of SGN
- David Helgason, chief executive and co-founder of Unity Technologies
- Geoff Keighley, host of GTTV, Spike TV
- Jonathan Simpson-Bint, chief revenue officer at Twitch
- Malathi Nayak, reporter at Reuters
- Bob Meese, global head of game business development at Google Play
- Lucy Bradshaw, senior vice president of the Maxis label at Electronic Arts
- Mike Frazzini, the vice president of games at Amazon
- Simon Khalaf, the president and CEO of Flurry
- James Iliff, the chief creative officer and cofounder of Survios
- Andy Zhong, the CEO of FunPlus
- Rick Thompson, chairman of Signia Ventures
- Phil Sanderson, game-savvy partner at IDG Ventures
- Peter Levin, president of interactive ventures and games at Lionsgate, the film studio that made The Hunger Games and Divergent
- Mike Gallagher, president and CEO of the Entertainment Software Association
- Jens Begemann, chief executive of German social mobile game publisher Wooga
- Mitch Lasky, general partner at Benchmark and investor in Riot Games and Natural Motion
- John Riccitiello, gaming investor and former CEO of Electronic Arts
- Evan Hirsch, founder of Engine Co. No. 4 (talking about seeing signs of trouble in game studios)
- Tim Chang, managing director at the Mayfield Fund
Thanks to the following industry leaders for supporting GamesBeat 2014: NativeX as Corporate Partner; Tapjoy and SupersonicAds as Gold Partners; TrialPay, InMobi, and TapSense as Silver Partners; FunPlus, AppLift, Fyber, LifeStreet Media, SGN, and Personagraph as Event Partners; Pwnit! and Nudge as Nest Partner.
For tickets, along with additional event information, visit: www.venturebeat.com/events/gamesbeat2014.
For sponsorship, contact: [email protected].
VentureBeat is an independent news and research publisher that enables executives and entrepreneurs to make better, more informed technology decisions. As a pioneer in the business of digital content, VB has its finger on the pulse of Silicon Valley across industries including mobile, gaming, and marketing tech. The team produces events that enable brands to reach the right audience and to engage in meaningful conversations. VB was founded by Matt Marshall in 2006 and has offices in San Francisco and New York. For more information, visit: www.venturebeat.com/about.
Sep. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,771
Sep. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,825
Sep. 28, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,877
Sep. 28, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,335
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,125
Sep. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,889
Sep. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,034
Sep. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,790
Sep. 28, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,029
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,562
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,983
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,852
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,408
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,195
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,980