|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2014 02:01 AM EDT||
ÖREBRO, Sweden, August 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Swedish local government debt office, Kommuninvest i Sverige AB, reports stable results and a strengthening of capital, according to its interim report for the first six months of 2014. Operating profit rose to SEK 419 (330) million and Kommuninvest reported a leverage ratio of 1.16 (0.96) per cent. At 30 June, lending amounted to SEK 211 (209) billion.
Comments by Tomas Werngren, President and CEO
- Both profit for the period and the capital measures taken by Kommuninvest's owners show that Kommuninvest is well prepared for the leverage ratio requirement for financial institutions, which is to be introduced in 2018.
- Lending to Swedish municipalities and county councils and municipal companies is developing satisfactorily, particularly since our prices currently include a margin for the build-up of capital.
Summary of the first six months
• Balance sheet total SEK 286,672.2 (277,458.7) million
• Lending SEK 210,760.3 (208,644.0) million
• Net interest income SEK 466.7 (483.7) million
• Operating profit SEK 419.0 (329.6) million
• Equity SEK 2,708.9 (1,727.6) million
• Leverage ratio 1.16 (0.96) percent
• Rating: AAA (S&P), Aaa (Moody's)
• 1 (4) new member
The interim report is available for download at Kommuninvest's web site: http://www.kommuninvest.org
Comparative earnings figures relate to the same six month period last year (1 January-30 June 2013). Comparative balance sheet figures relate to 31 December 2013.
Kommuninvest i Sverige AB is owned by Swedish municipalities and county councils with the purpose of supporting their financial operations through secure and cost-efficient financing, financing advice, skills development and cooperation. Kommuninvest is the largest supplier of credit to Swedish local governments.
Contact persons for enquiries
President & CEO Tomas Werngren, tel. +46-70-645-06-69
Deputy CEO Maria Viimne, tel. +46-70-333-69-02
Head of Media Relations Björn Bergstrand, tel. +46-70-886-94-76 or [email protected]
Björn Bergstrand, Head of Media Relations, +46-708-86-94-76, e-mail: name.surname at kommuninvest.se
Sep. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,046
Sep. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,033
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,898
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,473
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 143
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 556
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,704
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,220
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,172
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,822
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 566
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 167
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 198
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,276
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,248