|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
-- 30,000+ Servers and Thousands of Customers Protected Against Advanced Threats and Malicious Insiders Targeting Encrypted Networks
HELSINKI and WALTHAM, Massachusetts, Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Major enterprises, financial institutions and government agencies share concerns regarding the safety of sensitive information stored in the cloud. SSH Communications Security today announced that its CryptoAuditor® solution has been deployed by a major cloud hosting and services provider. Over 30,000 servers and thousands of customers will benefit from the solution's encrypted channel monitoring, privileged access management (PAM) and forensics capabilities. For more information, download the case study at http://tinyurl.com/pcgz7sx.
The customer needed to extend its continuous monitoring capabilities to encrypted channels in order to enhance their security posture, meet customer service level agreements (SLAs) and meet compliance mandates. Because the customer's business model focuses on cloud-based services, traditional approaches to PAM did not meet their requirements.
CryptoAuditor's unique capabilities and versatile deployment options enabled the provider to:
- Avoid changes to existing workflows and time consuming administrator training using the solution's transparent and inline deployment capabilities
- Scale to hundreds or thousands of simultaneous RDP and SSH connections in an elastic environment
- Extend the value of their SIEM solution by enabling continuous monitoring of encrypted traffic
- Record and retain administrator sessions for deep forensics capabilities including advanced search and session replay
- Integrate with Active Directory and company authorization databases for automated user provisioning and de-provisioning
By deploying CryptoAuditor, the cloud provider gained:
- The ability to monitor system administrators and provide authoritative audit trails of their activities
- Compliance with strict service-level agreement (SLA) requirements concerning privileged user access to customer data
- The ability to monitor all privileged identities transacting the network via Secure Shell and RDP
- Stronger security by eliminating back doors and firewall workarounds such as port forwarding
Matthew McKenna, COO, SSH Communications Security, said:
"The rapid growth in data center traffic and the move to the cloud demands a new approach to privileged access management. Traditional PAM solutions only monitor a portion of privileged identities, leaving the doors open to malicious insiders, cyber-criminals and advanced threats. The ability to monitor and control encrypted traffic at the network level empowers organizations to track all identities operating within privileged channels and extend security intelligence capabilities to high-risk, high-traffic blind spots in the estate."
About SSH Communications Security
SSH Communications Security is the market leader in developing advanced security solutions that enable, monitor and manage encrypted networks. Over 3,000 customers across the globe trust the company's encryption, access control and encrypted channel monitoring solutions to meet complex compliance requirements, improve their security posture and save on operational costs. SSH Communications Security is headquartered in Helsinki and has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The company's shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security, please visit www.ssh.com
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,553
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,160
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 338
Sep. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,686
Sep. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,652
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,988
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 281
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,753
Sep. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 383
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,649
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,861
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,759
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,391
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,692