|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
BURLINGTON, Mass., Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that physicians surveyed across six different specialties (medical oncology, hematology-oncology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and nephrology) expect the robustness and number of clinical trials that a biosimilar has been assessed in to be the strongest influencers of which biosimilar product they choose to prescribe.
Other key findings from the Biosimilars Advisory Service report entitled Acceptance of Biosimilars Across Physician Specialties:
- Preferred biosimilars: The majority of surveyed European oncologists and nephrologists that prescribe biosimilars have a preferred biosimilar product, and that preference is driven by which manufacturer they trust most.
- Greater trust in large biotech companies as biosimilar manufacturers: Surveyed physicians currently place greater trust in large biotech companies such as Amgen than small-molecule generics companies as manufacturers of biosimilars.
- Uptake of biosimilars: Physician responses across a broad range of survey questions highlight the degree to which biosimilar uptake will vary by country, therapeutic specialty and molecular complexity.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Senior Director Kate Keeping:
- "Although physicians expect to be able to differentiate biosimilars based on the strength of clinical data, this is rarely the case with currently available biosimilars. Less than one-third of surveyed biosimilar prescribers indicated that their prescribing decision was made on a belief that the biosimilar had the best clinical data."
- "We expect the uptake of biosimilars to vary across physician specialties. For example, a greater proportion of oncologists indicate that they are more willing to use biosimilar recombinant proteins in many or all of their patients following launch than endocrinologists."
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
Sep. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 248
Sep. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 237
Sep. 1, 2015 11:51 AM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 671
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 318
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 489
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 368
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 225
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Sep. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 605
Sep. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EDT
Sep. 1, 2015 10:29 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Sep. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 237
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Sep. 1, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 549