|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 10:54 AM EDT||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In its August issue, CRN, the top news source for solution providers and the IT channel, features three important channel-related lists, including the Emerging Vendors, Network Connectivity Partner Program Guide, and the Top 100 lists, as well as an in-depth cover story interview with John Chambers, Cisco's Chairman and CEO.
"With the relentless pace of change in the IT industry, navigating the course that will lead to real business success is a tough proposition for technology resellers today," said Robert Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company, publisher of CRN. "The kinds of Partner Program Guides and exclusive lists CRN's experienced staff of channel-focused editors create are tools that help solution providers make smart business decisions. And cover stories like our August interview with Cisco's John Chambers give VARs and systems integrators the in-depth information they need to determine who to partner with and where the industry is heading."
Lists in CRN's August Issue:
- Emerging Vendors: Each year, CRN looks at the hottest IT startups making an impact on the channel through its Emerging Vendors list. For this year's list, CRN editors examined more than 350 up-and-coming technology vendors and their channel strategies. For a slideshow outlining the top 25 coolest emerging vendors, visit http://ow.ly/zurpn.
- Network Connectivity Partner Program Guide: CRN examines the growing importance of network connectivity in the channel, and the opportunities for VARs to offer telecommunication, connectivity, managed network and professional services to their clients. In this one-of-its-kind guide, CRN editors examine the channel strategies of the industry's best-of-breed business-class connectivity vendors.
- Top 100: With the pace of change in IT today, it's critical to have solid leaders at the helm. This annual list outlines the IT industry's foremost leaders. From small companies and startups to the largest solution providers and vendors, when it comes to the IT channel, these are the people in the driver's seat.
In the August cover story, Kristin Bent, CRN senior editor, sits down with John Chambers, Cisco's top executive, to find out Cisco's game plan for navigating and capitalizing on the rapidly shifting tides of today's IT landscape as the company moves to adapt to a new era of software-defined networking and cloud computing. The interview also delves into the question on people's minds about who will hold the reins as Cisco goes through this period of transition and explores Chambers' own plans for his remaining time at the helm of one of the most influential IT companies in the world. Read the interview here.
CRN is also proud to announce it has earned three of the publishing industry's coveted Azbee Awards. The American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) created the Azbee Awards of Excellence program to recognize outstanding work by magazines, newsletters, and digital media formats. It is one of the most competitive award programs for B2B, trade, association and professional publications.
This year, in the National Azbee Awards, CRN took Silver in the Online Web Reference Site category and Gold in the same category in the New England Regional Awards for its feature "The Best States to Start a Solution Provider Business." In the New England Regional category, CRN also took Gold in the Company Profile-Long category for its feature "Dell's Private: Now Comes the Hard Part."
To Learn More:
- Explore all of CRN's in-depth rankings and lists here: http://ow.ly/wD42n.
- View a CRN slideshow about Cisco's Intercloud, then read an exclusive interview with John Chambers in the August CRN cover story here: http://ow.ly/AfDkN.
- View coverage of this month's XChange 2014 event held August 17-19 in San Antonio, Texas, here: http://www.crn.com/news/channel-programs/xchange-2014.htm.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company is the channel community's trusted authority for growth and innovation, with established brands including CRN, XChange Events, IPED, and SharedVue. For more than three decades, we have leveraged our proven and leading-edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.
The Channel Company
SOURCE The Channel Company
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,426
Jan. 16, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,574
Jan. 16, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 594
Jan. 16, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,482
Jan. 16, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 355
Jan. 16, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,006
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 4,818
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 345
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,546
Jan. 16, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,263
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,593
Jan. 16, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,307
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,643
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,028
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,476