|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
BALI, Indonesia, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group announced the ranking of the 11 finalists of the 2014 Intercultural Innovation Award (IIA) Thursday at the UNAOC Sixth Global Forum. All finalists will be awarded support to help their project grow.
More than 1,200 participants representing heads of states and governments, foreign ministers, and members of the Alliance Group of Friends attended the Forum.
The IIA Award, jointly awarded by UNAOC and BMW Group, recognizes non-profit organizations worldwide for innovative grassroots programmes that contribute to dialogue, understanding, and acceptance of diversity among differing cultural, ethnic, and religious groups.
The top prize went to the Post-Conflict Research Center (PCRC) – Bosnia-Herzegovina for its "Ordinary Heroes" retrospective. The project recalls individual acts of moral courage responsible for saving lives during times of ethnic violence and genocide, which are used to inspire dialogue leading to understanding and individual acceptance of differences.
In his award ceremony remarks, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon lauded the creative efforts of the IIA winners, citing them as contributors to global peace and prosperity.
In addition to monetary prizes, all 11 finalists will receive a year-long programme of consulting help tailored to their unique needs. Winners include:
- Second, All Together Now (Australia). "Everyday Racism" app for smart phones exposes users to prejudice experienced by culturally disadvantaged groups
- Third, Manav Seva Sansthan "SEVA" (India). Safe migration project promotes rights and aids prevention of human trafficking along Nepal border
- Fourth, Welcoming America (USA). Welcome plans create attractive environments for talented immigrant arrivals
- Fifth, Arcenciel (Lebanon). Marginalised youth from differing backgrounds achieve mutual understanding through performing arts
IIA honourable mentions in alphabetical order include:
- Africa e Mediterraneo (Italy). Immigrant comic-strip artists
- Association for Cultural Child and Youth Education (Germany). Women tell their stories of gender discrimination
- Department of Culture and Leisure, Municipality of Simrishamn (Sweden). Intergenerational card game
- Fundacion CONSTRUIR (Bolivia). Promotion of a multicultural understanding of laws as adjudicated both by state and indigenous authorities
- Wapikoni mobile (Canada). Workshops and short film production focusing on cultural identity
- Youth Service Organization (YSO) (Rwanda). Tradition of dance and music to bring people together
SOURCE United Nations Alliance of Civilizations
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 24, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,040
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 24, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,478
Mar. 24, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
Mar. 24, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,780
Mar. 24, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 417
Mar. 24, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 235
Mar. 24, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Mar. 24, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,953
Mar. 24, 2017 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,325
Mar. 24, 2017 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 883
Mar. 24, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,821
Mar. 24, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,582
Mar. 24, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,284
Mar. 24, 2017 10:55 AM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,352