|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
BALI, Indonesia, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group announced the ranking of the 11 finalists of the 2014 Intercultural Innovation Award (IIA) Thursday at the UNAOC Sixth Global Forum. All finalists will be awarded support to help their project grow.
More than 1,200 participants representing heads of states and governments, foreign ministers, and members of the Alliance Group of Friends attended the Forum.
The IIA Award, jointly awarded by UNAOC and BMW Group, recognizes non-profit organizations worldwide for innovative grassroots programmes that contribute to dialogue, understanding, and acceptance of diversity among differing cultural, ethnic, and religious groups.
The top prize went to the Post-Conflict Research Center (PCRC) – Bosnia-Herzegovina for its "Ordinary Heroes" retrospective. The project recalls individual acts of moral courage responsible for saving lives during times of ethnic violence and genocide, which are used to inspire dialogue leading to understanding and individual acceptance of differences.
In his award ceremony remarks, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon lauded the creative efforts of the IIA winners, citing them as contributors to global peace and prosperity.
In addition to monetary prizes, all 11 finalists will receive a year-long programme of consulting help tailored to their unique needs. Winners include:
- Second, All Together Now (Australia). "Everyday Racism" app for smart phones exposes users to prejudice experienced by culturally disadvantaged groups
- Third, Manav Seva Sansthan "SEVA" (India). Safe migration project promotes rights and aids prevention of human trafficking along Nepal border
- Fourth, Welcoming America (USA). Welcome plans create attractive environments for talented immigrant arrivals
- Fifth, Arcenciel (Lebanon). Marginalised youth from differing backgrounds achieve mutual understanding through performing arts
IIA honourable mentions in alphabetical order include:
- Africa e Mediterraneo (Italy). Immigrant comic-strip artists
- Association for Cultural Child and Youth Education (Germany). Women tell their stories of gender discrimination
- Department of Culture and Leisure, Municipality of Simrishamn (Sweden). Intergenerational card game
- Fundacion CONSTRUIR (Bolivia). Promotion of a multicultural understanding of laws as adjudicated both by state and indigenous authorities
- Wapikoni mobile (Canada). Workshops and short film production focusing on cultural identity
- Youth Service Organization (YSO) (Rwanda). Tradition of dance and music to bring people together
SOURCE United Nations Alliance of Civilizations
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's [email protected] at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, high-productivity enterprise web applications for any device. SmartClient couples the industry’s broadest, deepest UI component set with a java server framework to deliver an end-...
May. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,010
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,491
May. 26, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 320
May. 26, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,313
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,269
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,861
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,181
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,751
May. 26, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,906
May. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,976
May. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,044
May. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
May. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,215
May. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 373
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,176