|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
SEATTLE, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Learning the art of goal setting at an early age can be absolutely life changing for a child. That's the driving force behind The 500,000 Children Project, a first-of-its-kind initiative to teach children across America about the importance of goal setting as a tool for success. This unique project brings together educators, students, and sponsors to help schools teach an important life skill by providing free resources that would otherwise have no room in tight school budgets.
Fresh off their start on the crowd-funding site Indiegogo, the organizers are delivering the first 5,000 free goal setting books to public elementary students across 31 states in late August.
The 500,000 Children Project began at the end of 2013 by inviting school districts in 23 states to request books for their elementary students. The organizers hoped to reach 500,000 children. The project caught fire by word of mouth among educators and through social media, and orders for their free goal-setting books soon climbed to 1.1 million. The response from educators has been overwhelming, as evidenced by the dozens of enthusiastic comments the directors have collected on their website, http://www.500000childrenproject.com.
- The books are designed to present the message in a way that entertains children as much as it educates,a in an effort to enhance the learning process. The books combine eye-catching illustration with rhyming verses that teach and inspire children to start setting goals in their lives.
- Each printing will contain bonus material designed to deepen the child's understanding of goals and how they can be used. The content will vary depending on the sponsor. This edition, sponsored by the Indiegogo contributors, features content provided by Wells Fargo about their Hands On Banking® curriculum, a free financial education program, not affiliated with any product, designed with financial education content for all ages. The lessons for kids are a fun and interactive way to help them achieve their financial goals by learning about everything from money and budgeting to savings and credit. Another highlight in this edition is an excerpt from Michael Jordan's book I Can't Accept Not Trying: Michael Jordan On The Pursuit of Excellence where he explains in detail how he used goals to achieve his success.
- "The sooner we empower children with a skill that all successful people use, the better they'll learn to set positive goals in a way that helps them celebrate their potential," commented Dawn Farmer, Co-Director of The 500,000 Children Project. "We see and hear about the life-changing effects this type of thinking can have on our youth, and we're inspired to help provide it."
- Stephen Covey, author of the bestseller, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, identifies goal setting as one of the critical skills and characteristics students need to succeed in the 21st century. The 500,000 Children Project couldn't agree more, and has set a goal of teaching all children about this crucial success strategy.
About the 500,000 Children Project:
- The 500,000 Children Project is a unique initiative to teach children about the life-changing skill of goal setting at the earliest age possible, while also benefiting schools with free resources and sponsors with an intimate connection to thousands of families. Goals Learning Institute, Inc., sponsor of The 500,000 Children Project, publishes two books to help educators teach this skill: Aim for the Stars: The Goals Book For Kids and Goals Are For Gals & Goals Are For Guys. The project offers these two books to public elementary schools across the nation for free, funded through sponsorship.
- Started in 2013 by inviting 23 states to participate, The Project currently has requests for 1.1 million of the goals books from the following 31 states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI.
- The balance of states will be invited to participate early next year.
- The Project is now actively seeking sponsors to fulfill the remaining orders.
The 500,000 Children Project
18631 SE 42nd PL
Issaquah, WA 98027
SOURCE Goals Learning Institute, Inc.
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,080
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 895
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 718
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,824
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 823
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,107
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 761
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 466
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 5,292
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,647
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 1,000
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,932
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,755
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 821
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,849