|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
SEATTLE, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Learning the art of goal setting at an early age can be absolutely life changing for a child. That's the driving force behind The 500,000 Children Project, a first-of-its-kind initiative to teach children across America about the importance of goal setting as a tool for success. This unique project brings together educators, students, and sponsors to help schools teach an important life skill by providing free resources that would otherwise have no room in tight school budgets.
Fresh off their start on the crowd-funding site Indiegogo, the organizers are delivering the first 5,000 free goal setting books to public elementary students across 31 states in late August.
The 500,000 Children Project began at the end of 2013 by inviting school districts in 23 states to request books for their elementary students. The organizers hoped to reach 500,000 children. The project caught fire by word of mouth among educators and through social media, and orders for their free goal-setting books soon climbed to 1.1 million. The response from educators has been overwhelming, as evidenced by the dozens of enthusiastic comments the directors have collected on their website, http://www.500000childrenproject.com.
- The books are designed to present the message in a way that entertains children as much as it educates,a in an effort to enhance the learning process. The books combine eye-catching illustration with rhyming verses that teach and inspire children to start setting goals in their lives.
- Each printing will contain bonus material designed to deepen the child's understanding of goals and how they can be used. The content will vary depending on the sponsor. This edition, sponsored by the Indiegogo contributors, features content provided by Wells Fargo about their Hands On Banking® curriculum, a free financial education program, not affiliated with any product, designed with financial education content for all ages. The lessons for kids are a fun and interactive way to help them achieve their financial goals by learning about everything from money and budgeting to savings and credit. Another highlight in this edition is an excerpt from Michael Jordan's book I Can't Accept Not Trying: Michael Jordan On The Pursuit of Excellence where he explains in detail how he used goals to achieve his success.
- "The sooner we empower children with a skill that all successful people use, the better they'll learn to set positive goals in a way that helps them celebrate their potential," commented Dawn Farmer, Co-Director of The 500,000 Children Project. "We see and hear about the life-changing effects this type of thinking can have on our youth, and we're inspired to help provide it."
- Stephen Covey, author of the bestseller, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, identifies goal setting as one of the critical skills and characteristics students need to succeed in the 21st century. The 500,000 Children Project couldn't agree more, and has set a goal of teaching all children about this crucial success strategy.
About the 500,000 Children Project:
- The 500,000 Children Project is a unique initiative to teach children about the life-changing skill of goal setting at the earliest age possible, while also benefiting schools with free resources and sponsors with an intimate connection to thousands of families. Goals Learning Institute, Inc., sponsor of The 500,000 Children Project, publishes two books to help educators teach this skill: Aim for the Stars: The Goals Book For Kids and Goals Are For Gals & Goals Are For Guys. The project offers these two books to public elementary schools across the nation for free, funded through sponsorship.
- Started in 2013 by inviting 23 states to participate, The Project currently has requests for 1.1 million of the goals books from the following 31 states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI.
- The balance of states will be invited to participate early next year.
- The Project is now actively seeking sponsors to fulfill the remaining orders.
The 500,000 Children Project
18631 SE 42nd PL
Issaquah, WA 98027
SOURCE Goals Learning Institute, Inc.
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,141
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,167
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 276
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 903
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,701
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,095
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 993
SYS-CON Events announced today that Twistlock, the leading provider of cloud container security solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Twistlock is the industry's first enterprise security suite for container security. Twistlock's technology addresses risks on the host and within the application of the container, enabling enterprises to consistently enforce security policies, monitor...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,512
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,165
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 364
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,632
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,289
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,999
While some vendors scramble to create and sell you a fancy solution for monitoring your spanking new Amazon Lambdas, hear how you can do it on the cheap using just built-in Java APIs yourself. By exploiting a little-known fact that Lambdas aren’t exactly single threaded, you can effectively identify hot spots in your serverless code. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, David Martin, Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will give a live demonstration and code walkthrough, showing how to o...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 303
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,603