|By Marketwired .||
|August 28, 2014 02:24 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 08/28/14 -- In the news release "Prostate Cancer Know-How," issued yesterday by www.roboticoncology.com, we are advised by the client that text was included in the boilerplate paragraph that was not meant to be issued. Complete corrected text follows.
Prostate Cancer Know-How
David B. Samadi, MD, Robotic Prostate Surgery Expert, Discusses Key Facts About Prostate Cancer
NEW YORK, NY -- August 27, 2014 -- As predicted earlier this year, prostate cancer is continuing its strong presence among U.S. men. While the American Cancer Society predicts that more than 230,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year, outcomes remain positive. David B. Samadi, MD, Chairman of Urology and Chief of Robotic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital, encourages men to stay educated about prostate cancer risk factors and screening opportunities.
"When diagnosed early, prostate cancer is highly treatable, though it is still a dangerous cancer that deserves continued attention," said Dr. Samadi, a leading New York robotic prostate surgeon. "Its reputation as a silent killer stems from the limited warning signs. Because of that, men must work closely with their healthcare providers to identify all possible red flags."
Prostate Cancer Key Facts*
- Prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer deaths in men(1)
- According to the American Cancer Society, in 2014, 233,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and nearly 30,000 will succumb to the disease.
- Average age at prostate cancer diagnosis is 66(1)
- African American men are 70 percent more likely than white Caucasian men to be diagnosed with prostate cancer(2)
- A family history of prostate cancer ups risk significantly, especially when more than one family member is diagnosed(2)
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome can increase risk by 57 percent; they can also signify increased prostate cancer tumor volume and recovery risks(3)
- Diet modifications can be effective in reducing risk, particularly adding cancer-fighters like lycopene, green tea, fish, cabbage, and coffee -- and limiting red meats, dairy, and high-fat foods(3)
- Prostate cancer screening tools continue to improve: genetic analysis may soon precede the prostate-specific antigen (PSA), digital rectal exam (DRE), and prostate biopsy process
- The PSA test is the best way to establish a prostate health baseline; Dr. Samadi encourages men to get their first PSA blood test by age 40
- Robotic prostate surgery remains a leading treatment option, with highly successful recovery and quality of life results when performed by an experienced surgeon
"This information is important, but there are critical facts about prostate cancer for men to remember: prostate cancer is highly common, highly detectable, and highly treatable," said Dr. Samadi. "About one in seven men will develop prostate cancer within their lifetime, but in partnership with a prostate cancer expert, men remain in control of diagnosis and treatment and, ultimately, recovery."
David B. Samadi, MD, performs expert robotic prostate surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. To date, he has performed more than 5,600 successful robotic prostate removal procedures. His patients enjoy full-circle support and most experience very positive urinary control and sexual function results after surgery.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2666430
David B. Samadi, M.D.
Chairman of Urology
Chief of Robotic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital
485 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,268
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 808
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 937
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 837
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 986
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,331
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,760
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,463
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,485
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,497
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,807
Sep. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,612