|By Marketwired .||
|August 29, 2014 05:29 PM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/29/14 -- Boogio Bionic Foot Sensors, a wearable technology to activate any shoe into a smart shoe, announces the pre-sale of the Boogio developer kit. The Boogio developer kit empowers developers with a Bluetooth API for direct access to the sensor data and software for configuration and gesture mapping. Spawned from a team of engineers and scientists who build sensors for F-16s and other mission critical hardware, Boogio is a breakthrough in the world of wearable technology.
Boogio combines patent pending sensors capable of feeling 65,000 layers of gravitational force on your feet and also shows inner balance of your body and 3D movement of the feet in real-time. This technology delivers this data directly to mobile and connected devices.
"Boogio Bionic Foot Sensors are a set of ultra thin sensory stickers and tiny computers that makes the shoes on your feet smart," said Jose Torres, Boogio CEO. "We distilled Boogio to the lightest and thinnest design so it becomes almost invisible when situated on your favorite pair of sneakers. We want to empower people's fashion and not interfere with personal style choices. We also designed the technology to be as hackable as possible to encourage experimentation."
Application of Boogio's technology targets three categories -- gaming, diagnostics and hands-free connectivity.
- Gaming in virtual and mobile applications
- Pairs with the Oculus Rift and other gaming devices -- Boogio allows for a hands-free, immersive virtual reality experience
- Mobile games -- Boogio can detect movements like dancing, jumping, and kicking and can score your foot movement for accuracy while working out or learning a new dance
- Diagnostics in sports and wellness applications
- Pre- and post-surgery rehabilitation -- Boogio provides feedback on muscle movements to help patients recover functionality over time
- Athletic training -- Boogio's data can help train muscles to perfect a jump shot or test balance for your golf swing
- Running -- Boogio can provide feedback on your gait and how well you are running
- Hands-free technology applications
- Control slideshow presentations -- Boogio can integrate with slideshow presentations to turn pages by simply leaning left to right
- Unlock a Bluetooth lock to open a door when carrying items with both hands
Now available for pre-order, the Boogio developer kit is comprised of ultra-thin sensory stickers, 3-axis accelerometers and 3-axis gyroscopes in small Bluetooth-enabled clips, configuration software and two USB cables for a price of $189.00. Each sensor has 65,000 layers of pressure sensitivity, so simple shifts of the body can be detected. As you move, Boogio is able to sense the pressure exerted in different parts of your foot, capturing high-fidelity feedback on a variety of movements, including steps, jumps, squats, and kicks. These sensory shoe accessories come in pairs on an open wearable platform and are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android platforms.
Boogio is exhibiting at PAX Prime in Seattle today through Monday, September 1st. Visit Boogio at booth #6021.
For more information about Boogio and to order the Boogio developer kit, please visit www.boogio.com.
Boogio was pioneered in Seattle in 2013. Using patent-pending technology, REFLX Labs works with the wearable technology developer community to create consumer products for entertainment, health and diagnostics.
312-878-4575 x 241
Jun. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,076
Jun. 30, 2015 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 533
Jun. 30, 2015 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 562
Jun. 30, 2015 03:59 PM EDT Reads: 512
Jun. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,145
Jun. 30, 2015 01:56 PM EDT Reads: 641
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,989
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,857
Jun. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,106
Jun. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,046
Jun. 30, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,840
Jun. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,887
Jun. 30, 2015 10:20 AM EDT Reads: 546
Jun. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 840
Jun. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 892