|By Bob Gourley||
|August 30, 2014 05:15 PM EDT||
By Bob Gourley
The best minds in data gather at Strata + Hadoop World to learn and connect—and explore the complex issues and exciting opportunities brought to business by big data, data science, and pervasive computing.
Strata + Hadoop World 2014, happening October 15-17 at the Javits Center in New York, is where data’s most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future of their businesses and technologies. If you want to tap into the opportunity that data presents, you want to be there.
This is where cutting-edge data science and new business fundamentals intersect—and merge. Strata brings together the decision makers using big data to drive business strategy and practitioners who collect and analyze the data. Combined with Hadoop World, the joint event is also the largest gathering of the Apache Hadoop community in the world. Register with code CTOVIZ to save 20%
From their site:
Strata + Hadoop World is where cutting-edge data science and new business fundamentals intersect—and merge. You’ll learn business applications of data technologies by dissecting case studies, develop new skills through in-depth tutorials, share emerging best practices in data science, and build the future of your business.
What You’ll Learn
The depth and breadth of what’s covered at Strata + Hadoop World requires 10 different tracks just to organize it all. You can follow one track from beginning to end, or pick the individual sessions that most interest you.
- Business & Industry Discover how organizations of all sizes use data to make better decisions.
- Connected World Chart your course in an always-connected, always-on world.
- Data Science Enhance your data science skill set—everything from the latest algorithms and advances in machine learning to the thorny issues of cultural change and team-building.
- Design & Interfaces Master user experience, design, new interfaces, and visualization.
- Law, Ethics & Open Data Explore issues on governance, ethics, and compliance in the era of open data.
- Machine Data Find out how to extract meaningful insights from data collected and generated by things—and overcome the obstacles of drinking from the Internet of Everything firehose, extracting context, and adapting faster.
- Security Use data to fight fraud, detect threats, and increase trust—and to secure data.
- Beyond Hadoop Learn about tools like Cassandra, Storm, Accumulo, Kafka and Spark—and how they fit in the data science toolkit.
- Hadoop in Action Delve into real-world case studies of the Hadoop ecosystem in action.
- The Hadoop Platform Dive deep into the dominant big data stack, with practical lessons and integration tricks.
Join us—and thousands of your peers—at Strata Conference + Hadoop World, happening in New York October 15–17 at the Javits Center. Strata sells out every year;Register with code CTOVIZ to save 20%
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,385
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,927
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,658
Aug. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,003
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,936
Aug. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,240
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,891
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,272
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,862
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,709
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,194
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,694
Aug. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,930
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 683
Aug. 25, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 471