|By Bob Gourley||
|August 30, 2014 05:15 PM EDT||
By Bob Gourley
The best minds in data gather at Strata + Hadoop World to learn and connect—and explore the complex issues and exciting opportunities brought to business by big data, data science, and pervasive computing.
Strata + Hadoop World 2014, happening October 15-17 at the Javits Center in New York, is where data’s most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future of their businesses and technologies. If you want to tap into the opportunity that data presents, you want to be there.
This is where cutting-edge data science and new business fundamentals intersect—and merge. Strata brings together the decision makers using big data to drive business strategy and practitioners who collect and analyze the data. Combined with Hadoop World, the joint event is also the largest gathering of the Apache Hadoop community in the world. Register with code CTOVIZ to save 20%
From their site:
Strata + Hadoop World is where cutting-edge data science and new business fundamentals intersect—and merge. You’ll learn business applications of data technologies by dissecting case studies, develop new skills through in-depth tutorials, share emerging best practices in data science, and build the future of your business.
What You’ll Learn
The depth and breadth of what’s covered at Strata + Hadoop World requires 10 different tracks just to organize it all. You can follow one track from beginning to end, or pick the individual sessions that most interest you.
- Business & Industry Discover how organizations of all sizes use data to make better decisions.
- Connected World Chart your course in an always-connected, always-on world.
- Data Science Enhance your data science skill set—everything from the latest algorithms and advances in machine learning to the thorny issues of cultural change and team-building.
- Design & Interfaces Master user experience, design, new interfaces, and visualization.
- Law, Ethics & Open Data Explore issues on governance, ethics, and compliance in the era of open data.
- Machine Data Find out how to extract meaningful insights from data collected and generated by things—and overcome the obstacles of drinking from the Internet of Everything firehose, extracting context, and adapting faster.
- Security Use data to fight fraud, detect threats, and increase trust—and to secure data.
- Beyond Hadoop Learn about tools like Cassandra, Storm, Accumulo, Kafka and Spark—and how they fit in the data science toolkit.
- Hadoop in Action Delve into real-world case studies of the Hadoop ecosystem in action.
- The Hadoop Platform Dive deep into the dominant big data stack, with practical lessons and integration tricks.
Join us—and thousands of your peers—at Strata Conference + Hadoop World, happening in New York October 15–17 at the Javits Center. Strata sells out every year;Register with code CTOVIZ to save 20%
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 935
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 812
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 982
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,330
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,760
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,534
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,461
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,485
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,496
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,806
Sep. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,612
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 992
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,515
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,686