|By PR Newswire||
|September 2, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kicking off the 2014 National Football League (NFL) season, Courtyard by Marriott announces a schedule packed with guest excitement, fan activities and fun surprises. Courtyard embarks on its fourth year as "The Official Hotel of the NFL" with new NFL-themed commercials, a major fan event at the Kickoff game in Seattle, plus contests, guest packages and original content.
"This is going to be our best season yet," said Callette Nielsen, vice president and global brand manager for Courtyard by Marriott. "Helping our guests make room for a little fun on the road while tapping into their passion for football is a win-win for everyone. From enhancing our programs to adding new and engaging contests, we have it covered."
True to its commitment of enhancing the guest experience through its alignment with the NFL, Courtyard is rolling out unique experiences to fans throughout the season:
- KICKOFF: At 2014 NFL Kickoff in Seattle, the brand will host two days of events on September 3-4 for fans through its "Courtyard @" mobile experience program at the NFL Gameday Village in Pioneer Square. Featuring elements of the newly designed Bistro that serves as a hub for guests during NFL nights, the Courtyard pod will host continuous action, including an appearance by Seattle football legend Shaun Alexander, a Sirius XM live radio broadcast stage, an interactive fan photo experience and a series of giveaways and instant win-sweepstakes.
- COURTYARD CAMERA: In anticipation of the upcoming season, Courtyard invited all-pro quarterback Nick Foles to give fantasy leagues in Philadelphia the surprise of a lifetime. Foles traded in his helmet and pads for a fake mustache and apron to adopt a hidden identity as a Courtyard hotel server. As he surprised unsuspecting fantasy leagues, Courtyard captured their reactions on hidden cameras. The video can be found at youtube.com/CourtyardByMarriott
- TAILGATES: Expanding on last year's popular tailgate series, Courtyard is upping its game with 13 tailgates across the country this season. The events will feature NFL legends, food and fun for guests and invited local fans. Taking place on Thursday nights in the home team's city, two lucky winners from each tailgate will be treated like VIP's with tickets to that night's match up.
- CONTESTS: Courtyard and the NFL have teamed up to provide guests with an "All-Pro" interactive social experience. Running now through October 23, fans can test their NFL IQ for a chance to win an exclusive prize or one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to the 2015 Pro Bowl or 2015 NFL Draft. Additionally, beginning on October 27- November 23, Courtyard will run an "All-Pro" challenge, asking followers to post a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram of an action that best exemplifies their "All-Pro" look for a chance to win one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to Super Bowl XLIX or a trip to all of their favorite team's regular season road games for the 2015-2016 season. The contests can be found at facebook.com/courtyard.
- NFL AD SERIES: Courtyard also recently debuted two new "All-Pro" commercials that highlight its NFL sponsorship, featuring NFL Network's Rich Eisen humorously interviewing guests about their All-Pro performances on the road while staying at the hotel. Both ads will air during NFL games throughout the season and can be viewed on the brand's YouTube page.
- PACKAGE: Courtyard is offering fans on the road the home field advantage with its Courtyard All-Pro Package, which includes a $20 electronic Amazon™ Gift Card, complimentary starter and drinks at the Bistro, and late checkout (as available).
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected, productive and balanced. Intuitive services and design accommodate guests' needs for choice and control. With more than 950 locations in 38 countries and territories, Courtyard hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information or reservations, call the Courtyard toll-free number at 800-321-2211, visit www.courtyard.com, or follow Courtyard at www.facebook.com/courtyard, www.twitter.com/courtyardhotels, or www.instagram.com/courtyardhotels.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Courtyard by Marriott
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jul. 30, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,128
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 30, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,328
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,285
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,497
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,748
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,180
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 959
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 933
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 393
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 988
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,086
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 473
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 432