|By PR Newswire||
|September 2, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kicking off the 2014 National Football League (NFL) season, Courtyard by Marriott announces a schedule packed with guest excitement, fan activities and fun surprises. Courtyard embarks on its fourth year as "The Official Hotel of the NFL" with new NFL-themed commercials, a major fan event at the Kickoff game in Seattle, plus contests, guest packages and original content.
"This is going to be our best season yet," said Callette Nielsen, vice president and global brand manager for Courtyard by Marriott. "Helping our guests make room for a little fun on the road while tapping into their passion for football is a win-win for everyone. From enhancing our programs to adding new and engaging contests, we have it covered."
True to its commitment of enhancing the guest experience through its alignment with the NFL, Courtyard is rolling out unique experiences to fans throughout the season:
- KICKOFF: At 2014 NFL Kickoff in Seattle, the brand will host two days of events on September 3-4 for fans through its "Courtyard @" mobile experience program at the NFL Gameday Village in Pioneer Square. Featuring elements of the newly designed Bistro that serves as a hub for guests during NFL nights, the Courtyard pod will host continuous action, including an appearance by Seattle football legend Shaun Alexander, a Sirius XM live radio broadcast stage, an interactive fan photo experience and a series of giveaways and instant win-sweepstakes.
- COURTYARD CAMERA: In anticipation of the upcoming season, Courtyard invited all-pro quarterback Nick Foles to give fantasy leagues in Philadelphia the surprise of a lifetime. Foles traded in his helmet and pads for a fake mustache and apron to adopt a hidden identity as a Courtyard hotel server. As he surprised unsuspecting fantasy leagues, Courtyard captured their reactions on hidden cameras. The video can be found at youtube.com/CourtyardByMarriott
- TAILGATES: Expanding on last year's popular tailgate series, Courtyard is upping its game with 13 tailgates across the country this season. The events will feature NFL legends, food and fun for guests and invited local fans. Taking place on Thursday nights in the home team's city, two lucky winners from each tailgate will be treated like VIP's with tickets to that night's match up.
- CONTESTS: Courtyard and the NFL have teamed up to provide guests with an "All-Pro" interactive social experience. Running now through October 23, fans can test their NFL IQ for a chance to win an exclusive prize or one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to the 2015 Pro Bowl or 2015 NFL Draft. Additionally, beginning on October 27- November 23, Courtyard will run an "All-Pro" challenge, asking followers to post a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram of an action that best exemplifies their "All-Pro" look for a chance to win one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to Super Bowl XLIX or a trip to all of their favorite team's regular season road games for the 2015-2016 season. The contests can be found at facebook.com/courtyard.
- NFL AD SERIES: Courtyard also recently debuted two new "All-Pro" commercials that highlight its NFL sponsorship, featuring NFL Network's Rich Eisen humorously interviewing guests about their All-Pro performances on the road while staying at the hotel. Both ads will air during NFL games throughout the season and can be viewed on the brand's YouTube page.
- PACKAGE: Courtyard is offering fans on the road the home field advantage with its Courtyard All-Pro Package, which includes a $20 electronic Amazon™ Gift Card, complimentary starter and drinks at the Bistro, and late checkout (as available).
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected, productive and balanced. Intuitive services and design accommodate guests' needs for choice and control. With more than 950 locations in 38 countries and territories, Courtyard hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information or reservations, call the Courtyard toll-free number at 800-321-2211, visit www.courtyard.com, or follow Courtyard at www.facebook.com/courtyard, www.twitter.com/courtyardhotels, or www.instagram.com/courtyardhotels.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Courtyard by Marriott
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 405
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 530
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 228
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 333
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 473
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 345
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 159
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,696
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 175
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 177
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 670
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 497
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 193
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 333
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 201