|By PR Newswire||
|September 2, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kicking off the 2014 National Football League (NFL) season, Courtyard by Marriott announces a schedule packed with guest excitement, fan activities and fun surprises. Courtyard embarks on its fourth year as "The Official Hotel of the NFL" with new NFL-themed commercials, a major fan event at the Kickoff game in Seattle, plus contests, guest packages and original content.
"This is going to be our best season yet," said Callette Nielsen, vice president and global brand manager for Courtyard by Marriott. "Helping our guests make room for a little fun on the road while tapping into their passion for football is a win-win for everyone. From enhancing our programs to adding new and engaging contests, we have it covered."
True to its commitment of enhancing the guest experience through its alignment with the NFL, Courtyard is rolling out unique experiences to fans throughout the season:
- KICKOFF: At 2014 NFL Kickoff in Seattle, the brand will host two days of events on September 3-4 for fans through its "Courtyard @" mobile experience program at the NFL Gameday Village in Pioneer Square. Featuring elements of the newly designed Bistro that serves as a hub for guests during NFL nights, the Courtyard pod will host continuous action, including an appearance by Seattle football legend Shaun Alexander, a Sirius XM live radio broadcast stage, an interactive fan photo experience and a series of giveaways and instant win-sweepstakes.
- COURTYARD CAMERA: In anticipation of the upcoming season, Courtyard invited all-pro quarterback Nick Foles to give fantasy leagues in Philadelphia the surprise of a lifetime. Foles traded in his helmet and pads for a fake mustache and apron to adopt a hidden identity as a Courtyard hotel server. As he surprised unsuspecting fantasy leagues, Courtyard captured their reactions on hidden cameras. The video can be found at youtube.com/CourtyardByMarriott
- TAILGATES: Expanding on last year's popular tailgate series, Courtyard is upping its game with 13 tailgates across the country this season. The events will feature NFL legends, food and fun for guests and invited local fans. Taking place on Thursday nights in the home team's city, two lucky winners from each tailgate will be treated like VIP's with tickets to that night's match up.
- CONTESTS: Courtyard and the NFL have teamed up to provide guests with an "All-Pro" interactive social experience. Running now through October 23, fans can test their NFL IQ for a chance to win an exclusive prize or one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to the 2015 Pro Bowl or 2015 NFL Draft. Additionally, beginning on October 27- November 23, Courtyard will run an "All-Pro" challenge, asking followers to post a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram of an action that best exemplifies their "All-Pro" look for a chance to win one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to Super Bowl XLIX or a trip to all of their favorite team's regular season road games for the 2015-2016 season. The contests can be found at facebook.com/courtyard.
- NFL AD SERIES: Courtyard also recently debuted two new "All-Pro" commercials that highlight its NFL sponsorship, featuring NFL Network's Rich Eisen humorously interviewing guests about their All-Pro performances on the road while staying at the hotel. Both ads will air during NFL games throughout the season and can be viewed on the brand's YouTube page.
- PACKAGE: Courtyard is offering fans on the road the home field advantage with its Courtyard All-Pro Package, which includes a $20 electronic Amazon™ Gift Card, complimentary starter and drinks at the Bistro, and late checkout (as available).
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected, productive and balanced. Intuitive services and design accommodate guests' needs for choice and control. With more than 950 locations in 38 countries and territories, Courtyard hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information or reservations, call the Courtyard toll-free number at 800-321-2211, visit www.courtyard.com, or follow Courtyard at www.facebook.com/courtyard, www.twitter.com/courtyardhotels, or www.instagram.com/courtyardhotels.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Courtyard by Marriott
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,882
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,278
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,948
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 28, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,882
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 28, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,465
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,022
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,093
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,904
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,107
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,891
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 28, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,345
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 987
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,249
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,380
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,064