|By PR Newswire||
|September 2, 2014 02:22 PM EDT||
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kicking off the 2014 National Football League (NFL) season, Courtyard by Marriott announces a schedule packed with guest excitement, fan activities and fun surprises. Courtyard embarks on its fourth year as "The Official Hotel of the NFL" with new NFL-themed commercials, a major fan event at the Kickoff game in Seattle, plus contests, guest packages and original content.
"This is going to be our best season yet," said Callette Nielsen, vice president and global brand manager for Courtyard by Marriott. "Helping our guests make room for a little fun on the road while tapping into their passion for football is a win-win for everyone. From enhancing our programs to adding new and engaging contests, we have it covered."
True to its commitment of enhancing the guest experience through its alignment with the NFL, Courtyard is rolling out unique experiences to fans throughout the season:
- KICKOFF: At 2014 NFL Kickoff in Seattle, the brand will host two days of events on September 3-4 for fans through its "Courtyard @" mobile experience program at the NFL Gameday Village in Pioneer Square. Featuring elements of the newly designed Bistro that serves as a hub for guests during NFL nights, the Courtyard pod will host continuous action, including an appearance by Seattle football legend Shaun Alexander, a Sirius XM live radio broadcast stage, an interactive fan photo experience and a series of giveaways and instant win-sweepstakes.
- COURTYARD CAMERA: In anticipation of the upcoming season, Courtyard invited all-pro quarterback Nick Foles to give fantasy leagues in Philadelphia the surprise of a lifetime. Foles traded in his helmet and pads for a fake mustache and apron to adopt a hidden identity as a Courtyard hotel server. As he surprised unsuspecting fantasy leagues, Courtyard captured their reactions on hidden cameras. The video can be found at youtube.com/CourtyardByMarriott
- TAILGATES: Expanding on last year's popular tailgate series, Courtyard is upping its game with 13 tailgates across the country this season. The events will feature NFL legends, food and fun for guests and invited local fans. Taking place on Thursday nights in the home team's city, two lucky winners from each tailgate will be treated like VIP's with tickets to that night's match up.
- CONTESTS: Courtyard and the NFL have teamed up to provide guests with an "All-Pro" interactive social experience. Running now through October 23, fans can test their NFL IQ for a chance to win an exclusive prize or one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to the 2015 Pro Bowl or 2015 NFL Draft. Additionally, beginning on October 27- November 23, Courtyard will run an "All-Pro" challenge, asking followers to post a photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram of an action that best exemplifies their "All-Pro" look for a chance to win one of two Grand Prizes; a trip to Super Bowl XLIX or a trip to all of their favorite team's regular season road games for the 2015-2016 season. The contests can be found at facebook.com/courtyard.
- NFL AD SERIES: Courtyard also recently debuted two new "All-Pro" commercials that highlight its NFL sponsorship, featuring NFL Network's Rich Eisen humorously interviewing guests about their All-Pro performances on the road while staying at the hotel. Both ads will air during NFL games throughout the season and can be viewed on the brand's YouTube page.
- PACKAGE: Courtyard is offering fans on the road the home field advantage with its Courtyard All-Pro Package, which includes a $20 electronic Amazon™ Gift Card, complimentary starter and drinks at the Bistro, and late checkout (as available).
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected, productive and balanced. Intuitive services and design accommodate guests' needs for choice and control. With more than 950 locations in 38 countries and territories, Courtyard hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information or reservations, call the Courtyard toll-free number at 800-321-2211, visit www.courtyard.com, or follow Courtyard at www.facebook.com/courtyard, www.twitter.com/courtyardhotels, or www.instagram.com/courtyardhotels.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Courtyard by Marriott
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 781
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,583
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,750
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 3,679
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 4,155
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,889
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 5,023
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,448
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,356
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 401
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 7,807
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,099
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jan. 19, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,282
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,701
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,178