|By PR Newswire||
|September 2, 2014 09:51 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The highly anticipated luxury, all-suite Delano Las Vegas debuted today bringing a touch of South Beach to The Strip. This morning, executives and employees of MGM Resorts International and Morgans Hotel Group gathered to officially unveil Las Vegas' newest hotel.
Click here for photos, video and more: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7308751-delano-las-vegas-debuts-on-las-vegas-strip/
"Delano Las Vegas marks a new chapter in the Las Vegas hotel experience, ushering in elevated levels of personalized service, style and attention to detail," said General Manager Matthew Chilton. "We're challenging the quintessential over-the-top Vegas experience by introducing a new brand focused on understated luxury, appealing to in-the-know travelers," added Chilton.
Intimate and stylish, Delano's public spaces envelop guests in a welcoming ambiance punctuated by eclectic, playful details and a modern sensibility. Complemented by sophisticated accommodations, the non-smoking, non-gaming hotel appeals to discerning travelers from around the globe.
Jason Kalisman, Chairman of The Board of Directors at Morgans Hotel Group, stated, "The arrival of Delano to the Las Vegas Strip is a historic moment for Morgans. A Delano is so much more than just a physical structure; it is a special experience that transports guests into a world that combines fantasy and modern luxury. We are both excited and honored to be partnering with MGM Resorts International, a leader in hospitality and entertainment, in bringing this unique lifestyle brand to the Las Vegas Strip."
A Glimpse Into Delano Las Vegas:
A NOD TO THE DESERT
- Grand Arrival. Delano Las Vegas' dramatic stone entryway immerses guests in a carefully curated arrival experience inspired by the city's surrounding desert. Guests are welcomed by a striking installation of a 10-foot tall, 126,000-pound divided boulder sourced from the Nevada desert. Its natural patterns and color palette of yellow, orange and gray make it an art piece in itself. Down the inviting gallery and near the reception area is a gravity-defying art installation comprised of hundreds of small rocks by renowned Korean artist Jaehyo Lee.
DINE & DRINK
- Savor the Moment. At 3940 Coffee + Tea, guests can savor artisanal teas, freshly squeezed juices and artisan-roasted coffees, including the exclusive Delano blend, in a comfortable retreat. Guests also can enjoy exotic tastes from the most eminent coffee-growing regions, including Ethiopia, Colombia and Guatemala, served tableside using the Clever Coffee system, an innovative brewing method that combines the best features of the French press and filter drip techniques.
- Urban Kitchen, Classic Comforts. Historic farmhouse meets urban eatery at Della's Kitchen, blending responsibly sourced ingredients with a chic, industrial aesthetic. The cafe features a menu centered around local and regional ingredients, including a variety from nearby hydroponic farms and Delano Las Vegas' own greenhouse, which supplies herbs for breakfast and lunch menus that toes the line between healthy and decadent.
- Cocktails and Conversation. At Franklin, rare, premium liquors, more than two dozen craft beers by the bottle and a selection of wines-by-the-glass highlight the cocktail-centric drink menu. Alongside libations, guests enjoy a selection of whimsical small bites and appetizers ranging from fried pig's ears to charcuterie. As day turns to night, Franklin buzzes with live entertainment throughout the week, including performances and beats from the hottest up-and-coming DJs.
- View From Above. Soaring high atop Delano Las Vegas and boasting extraordinary views of the Las Vegas Strip, Rivea will debut in 2015 serving French and Italian cuisine from internationally celebrated chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge adjacent to Rivea also will take on a new personality. Until then, guests can enjoy the unmatched views and Ducasse's fare at miX restaurant and lounge.
- A Place to Call Home. With sweeping views of the Las Vegas skyline, Delano's 1,117 guest suites provide a luxurious respite. Design elements include Delano's signature window sheers, crisp white linens, oversized tufted headboards and photography of seductive underwater scenes. Boasting one of the highest standard room square footages of any hotel in the city (725 square feet), each one-bedroom suite features a private bedroom, bold lighting fixtures and a spacious spa-style bath. With a 46" flat-screen TV, wet bar, desk and its own powder room, the adjoining living room offers a plush retreat that doubles as an entertaining area or impromptu meeting space. Delano Las Vegas also features Panoramic Suites, luxurious Delano Penthouse Suites and the exquisite Delano Penthouse Lofts.
- A Rejuvenating Escape. BATHHOUSE Spa offers guests a treatment menu featuring local inspirations and ingredients as well as Global Journeys through India, Asia, Europe and a "Taste of the Islands." BATHHOUSE's two-story, 14,000-square-foot oasis includes 13 treatment rooms, separate hot-and-cold plunge pools, hot whirlpools, eucalyptus steam rooms, redwood saunas, relaxation lounges, vanity rooms, a nail salon and state-of-the-art gym.
- Furry Friends. With a selection of dog-friendly suites, a dedicated doggie menu and butler services, Delano Las Vegas' four-legged guests are treated to the same outstanding service as the two-legged ones. The Doggie Delights Menu includes an array of meal options like Fido's Frittata (egg white frittata), Fowl Play (broiled chicken breast with steamed haricot verts and roasted potatoes) or the Bark-A-Roni (macaroni, bechamel, cheddar cheese and all-beef hot dogs). A designated Doggie Butler offers services ranging from daily walks to a "Plush and Pampered" experience, which includes brushing, TLC and more.
- Under The Sun. In 2015, Delano Las Vegas will introduce Delano Beach Club, a pool experience just steps from the sand and surf of Mandalay Bay Beach. Delano Beach Club will offer hotel guests a dedicated, exclusive pool environment, embracing the laid back South Beach lifestyle.
BUSINESS TRAVEL & MORE
- Mixing Business and Pleasure. With 20,000 square feet of meeting space within the tower and unique offerings for group gatherings, meeting attendees feel inspired, stylish and productive. Guests can create a relaxed business environment or a more casual social setting in the tower's 1,257-square-foot Sage Living Room, outfitted in signature Delano decor for a chic business atmosphere. Guests also can create their own ambiance in any of the 31 meeting rooms and four boardrooms. An additional 16,000 square feet of space for breakfast and lunch meetings is located on the top floor with panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Mandalay Bay Amenities. Just steps away from the three-level, 1.7 million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Delano Las Vegas guests can enjoy all that the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property has to offer. More information on Mandalay Bay Amenities can be found here.
DELANO LAS VEGAS RESOURCES
- Visit our website: delanolasvegas.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @DelanoVegas
- Like us on Facebook: Delano Las Vegas
- News & Photos: Delano Las Vegas
SOURCE Delano Las Vegas
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,750
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 784
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,583
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 3,681
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 4,159
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,889
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 5,026
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,448
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,356
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 401
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 7,807
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,100
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jan. 19, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,282
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,701
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,178