|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 04:42 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The highly anticipated luxury, all-suite Delano Las Vegas debuted today bringing a touch of South Beach to The Strip. This morning, executives and employees of MGM Resorts International and Morgans Hotel Group gathered to officially unveil Las Vegas' newest hotel.
Click here for photos, video and more: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7308751-delano-las-vegas-debuts-on-las-vegas-strip/
"Delano Las Vegas marks a new chapter in the Las Vegas hotel experience, ushering in elevated levels of personalized service, style and attention to detail," said General Manager Matthew Chilton. "We're challenging the quintessential over-the-top Vegas experience by introducing a new brand focused on understated luxury, appealing to in-the-know travelers," added Chilton.
Intimate and stylish, Delano's public spaces envelop guests in a welcoming ambiance punctuated by eclectic, playful details and a modern sensibility. Complemented by sophisticated accommodations, the non-smoking, non-gaming hotel appeals to discerning travelers from around the globe.
Jason Kalisman, Chairman of The Board of Directors at Morgans Hotel Group, stated, "The arrival of Delano to the Las Vegas Strip is a historic moment for Morgans. A Delano is so much more than just a physical structure; it is a special experience that transports guests into a world that combines fantasy and modern luxury. We are both excited and honored to be partnering with MGM Resorts International, a leader in hospitality and entertainment, in bringing this unique lifestyle brand to the Las Vegas Strip."
A Glimpse Into Delano Las Vegas:
A NOD TO THE DESERT
- Grand Arrival. Delano Las Vegas' dramatic stone entryway immerses guests in a carefully curated arrival experience inspired by the city's surrounding desert. Guests are welcomed by a striking installation of a 10-foot tall, 126,000-pound divided boulder sourced from the Nevada desert. Its natural patterns and color palette of yellow, orange and gray make it an art piece in itself. Down the inviting gallery and near the reception area is a gravity-defying art installation comprised of hundreds of small rocks by renowned Korean artist Jaehyo Lee.
DINE & DRINK
- Savor the Moment. At 3940 Coffee + Tea, guests can savor artisanal teas, freshly squeezed juices and artisan-roasted coffees, including the exclusive Delano blend, in a comfortable retreat. Guests also can enjoy exotic tastes from the most eminent coffee-growing regions, including Ethiopia, Colombia and Guatemala, served tableside using the Clever Coffee system, an innovative brewing method that combines the best features of the French press and filter drip techniques.
- Urban Kitchen, Classic Comforts. Historic farmhouse meets urban eatery at Della's Kitchen, blending responsibly sourced ingredients with a chic, industrial aesthetic. The cafe features a menu centered around local and regional ingredients, including a variety from nearby hydroponic farms and Delano Las Vegas' own greenhouse, which supplies herbs for breakfast and lunch menus that toes the line between healthy and decadent.
- Cocktails and Conversation. At Franklin, rare, premium liquors, more than two dozen craft beers by the bottle and a selection of wines-by-the-glass highlight the cocktail-centric drink menu. Alongside libations, guests enjoy a selection of whimsical small bites and appetizers ranging from fried pig's ears to charcuterie. As day turns to night, Franklin buzzes with live entertainment throughout the week, including performances and beats from the hottest up-and-coming DJs.
- View From Above. Soaring high atop Delano Las Vegas and boasting extraordinary views of the Las Vegas Strip, Rivea will debut in 2015 serving French and Italian cuisine from internationally celebrated chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge adjacent to Rivea also will take on a new personality. Until then, guests can enjoy the unmatched views and Ducasse's fare at miX restaurant and lounge.
- A Place to Call Home. With sweeping views of the Las Vegas skyline, Delano's 1,117 guest suites provide a luxurious respite. Design elements include Delano's signature window sheers, crisp white linens, oversized tufted headboards and photography of seductive underwater scenes. Boasting one of the highest standard room square footages of any hotel in the city (725 square feet), each one-bedroom suite features a private bedroom, bold lighting fixtures and a spacious spa-style bath. With a 46" flat-screen TV, wet bar, desk and its own powder room, the adjoining living room offers a plush retreat that doubles as an entertaining area or impromptu meeting space. Delano Las Vegas also features Panoramic Suites, luxurious Delano Penthouse Suites and the exquisite Delano Penthouse Lofts.
- A Rejuvenating Escape. BATHHOUSE Spa offers guests a treatment menu featuring local inspirations and ingredients as well as Global Journeys through India, Asia, Europe and a "Taste of the Islands." BATHHOUSE's two-story, 14,000-square-foot oasis includes 13 treatment rooms, separate hot-and-cold plunge pools, hot whirlpools, eucalyptus steam rooms, redwood saunas, relaxation lounges, vanity rooms, a nail salon and state-of-the-art gym.
- Furry Friends. With a selection of dog-friendly suites, a dedicated doggie menu and butler services, Delano Las Vegas' four-legged guests are treated to the same outstanding service as the two-legged ones. The Doggie Delights Menu includes an array of meal options like Fido's Frittata (egg white frittata), Fowl Play (broiled chicken breast with steamed haricot verts and roasted potatoes) or the Bark-A-Roni (macaroni, bechamel, cheddar cheese and all-beef hot dogs). A designated Doggie Butler offers services ranging from daily walks to a "Plush and Pampered" experience, which includes brushing, TLC and more.
- Under The Sun. In 2015, Delano Las Vegas will introduce Delano Beach Club, a pool experience just steps from the sand and surf of Mandalay Bay Beach. Delano Beach Club will offer hotel guests a dedicated, exclusive pool environment, embracing the laid back South Beach lifestyle.
BUSINESS TRAVEL & MORE
- Mixing Business and Pleasure. With 20,000 square feet of meeting space within the tower and unique offerings for group gatherings, meeting attendees feel inspired, stylish and productive. Guests can create a relaxed business environment or a more casual social setting in the tower's 1,257-square-foot Sage Living Room, outfitted in signature Delano decor for a chic business atmosphere. Guests also can create their own ambiance in any of the 31 meeting rooms and four boardrooms. An additional 16,000 square feet of space for breakfast and lunch meetings is located on the top floor with panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Mandalay Bay Amenities. Just steps away from the three-level, 1.7 million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Delano Las Vegas guests can enjoy all that the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property has to offer. More information on Mandalay Bay Amenities can be found here.
DELANO LAS VEGAS RESOURCES
- Visit our website: delanolasvegas.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @DelanoVegas
- Like us on Facebook: Delano Las Vegas
- News & Photos: Delano Las Vegas
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 3,753
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,938
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 723
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,486
Dec. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 723
Dec. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 927
Dec. 3, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 674
Dec. 3, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 443
Dec. 3, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,065
Dec. 3, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 822
Dec. 3, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,624
Dec. 3, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 791
Dec. 3, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,137
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,926
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 829