|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 04:42 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The highly anticipated luxury, all-suite Delano Las Vegas debuted today bringing a touch of South Beach to The Strip. This morning, executives and employees of MGM Resorts International and Morgans Hotel Group gathered to officially unveil Las Vegas' newest hotel.
Click here for photos, video and more: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7308751-delano-las-vegas-debuts-on-las-vegas-strip/
"Delano Las Vegas marks a new chapter in the Las Vegas hotel experience, ushering in elevated levels of personalized service, style and attention to detail," said General Manager Matthew Chilton. "We're challenging the quintessential over-the-top Vegas experience by introducing a new brand focused on understated luxury, appealing to in-the-know travelers," added Chilton.
Intimate and stylish, Delano's public spaces envelop guests in a welcoming ambiance punctuated by eclectic, playful details and a modern sensibility. Complemented by sophisticated accommodations, the non-smoking, non-gaming hotel appeals to discerning travelers from around the globe.
Jason Kalisman, Chairman of The Board of Directors at Morgans Hotel Group, stated, "The arrival of Delano to the Las Vegas Strip is a historic moment for Morgans. A Delano is so much more than just a physical structure; it is a special experience that transports guests into a world that combines fantasy and modern luxury. We are both excited and honored to be partnering with MGM Resorts International, a leader in hospitality and entertainment, in bringing this unique lifestyle brand to the Las Vegas Strip."
A Glimpse Into Delano Las Vegas:
A NOD TO THE DESERT
- Grand Arrival. Delano Las Vegas' dramatic stone entryway immerses guests in a carefully curated arrival experience inspired by the city's surrounding desert. Guests are welcomed by a striking installation of a 10-foot tall, 126,000-pound divided boulder sourced from the Nevada desert. Its natural patterns and color palette of yellow, orange and gray make it an art piece in itself. Down the inviting gallery and near the reception area is a gravity-defying art installation comprised of hundreds of small rocks by renowned Korean artist Jaehyo Lee.
DINE & DRINK
- Savor the Moment. At 3940 Coffee + Tea, guests can savor artisanal teas, freshly squeezed juices and artisan-roasted coffees, including the exclusive Delano blend, in a comfortable retreat. Guests also can enjoy exotic tastes from the most eminent coffee-growing regions, including Ethiopia, Colombia and Guatemala, served tableside using the Clever Coffee system, an innovative brewing method that combines the best features of the French press and filter drip techniques.
- Urban Kitchen, Classic Comforts. Historic farmhouse meets urban eatery at Della's Kitchen, blending responsibly sourced ingredients with a chic, industrial aesthetic. The cafe features a menu centered around local and regional ingredients, including a variety from nearby hydroponic farms and Delano Las Vegas' own greenhouse, which supplies herbs for breakfast and lunch menus that toes the line between healthy and decadent.
- Cocktails and Conversation. At Franklin, rare, premium liquors, more than two dozen craft beers by the bottle and a selection of wines-by-the-glass highlight the cocktail-centric drink menu. Alongside libations, guests enjoy a selection of whimsical small bites and appetizers ranging from fried pig's ears to charcuterie. As day turns to night, Franklin buzzes with live entertainment throughout the week, including performances and beats from the hottest up-and-coming DJs.
- View From Above. Soaring high atop Delano Las Vegas and boasting extraordinary views of the Las Vegas Strip, Rivea will debut in 2015 serving French and Italian cuisine from internationally celebrated chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge adjacent to Rivea also will take on a new personality. Until then, guests can enjoy the unmatched views and Ducasse's fare at miX restaurant and lounge.
- A Place to Call Home. With sweeping views of the Las Vegas skyline, Delano's 1,117 guest suites provide a luxurious respite. Design elements include Delano's signature window sheers, crisp white linens, oversized tufted headboards and photography of seductive underwater scenes. Boasting one of the highest standard room square footages of any hotel in the city (725 square feet), each one-bedroom suite features a private bedroom, bold lighting fixtures and a spacious spa-style bath. With a 46" flat-screen TV, wet bar, desk and its own powder room, the adjoining living room offers a plush retreat that doubles as an entertaining area or impromptu meeting space. Delano Las Vegas also features Panoramic Suites, luxurious Delano Penthouse Suites and the exquisite Delano Penthouse Lofts.
- A Rejuvenating Escape. BATHHOUSE Spa offers guests a treatment menu featuring local inspirations and ingredients as well as Global Journeys through India, Asia, Europe and a "Taste of the Islands." BATHHOUSE's two-story, 14,000-square-foot oasis includes 13 treatment rooms, separate hot-and-cold plunge pools, hot whirlpools, eucalyptus steam rooms, redwood saunas, relaxation lounges, vanity rooms, a nail salon and state-of-the-art gym.
- Furry Friends. With a selection of dog-friendly suites, a dedicated doggie menu and butler services, Delano Las Vegas' four-legged guests are treated to the same outstanding service as the two-legged ones. The Doggie Delights Menu includes an array of meal options like Fido's Frittata (egg white frittata), Fowl Play (broiled chicken breast with steamed haricot verts and roasted potatoes) or the Bark-A-Roni (macaroni, bechamel, cheddar cheese and all-beef hot dogs). A designated Doggie Butler offers services ranging from daily walks to a "Plush and Pampered" experience, which includes brushing, TLC and more.
- Under The Sun. In 2015, Delano Las Vegas will introduce Delano Beach Club, a pool experience just steps from the sand and surf of Mandalay Bay Beach. Delano Beach Club will offer hotel guests a dedicated, exclusive pool environment, embracing the laid back South Beach lifestyle.
BUSINESS TRAVEL & MORE
- Mixing Business and Pleasure. With 20,000 square feet of meeting space within the tower and unique offerings for group gatherings, meeting attendees feel inspired, stylish and productive. Guests can create a relaxed business environment or a more casual social setting in the tower's 1,257-square-foot Sage Living Room, outfitted in signature Delano decor for a chic business atmosphere. Guests also can create their own ambiance in any of the 31 meeting rooms and four boardrooms. An additional 16,000 square feet of space for breakfast and lunch meetings is located on the top floor with panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Mandalay Bay Amenities. Just steps away from the three-level, 1.7 million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Delano Las Vegas guests can enjoy all that the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property has to offer. More information on Mandalay Bay Amenities can be found here.
DELANO LAS VEGAS RESOURCES
- Visit our website: delanolasvegas.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @DelanoVegas
- Like us on Facebook: Delano Las Vegas
- News & Photos: Delano Las Vegas
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,912
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,682
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,299
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,944
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,269
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 939
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,644
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 843
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 597
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 988
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,957
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 23, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,815
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 23, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 714
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,034