|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 04:42 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The highly anticipated luxury, all-suite Delano Las Vegas debuted today bringing a touch of South Beach to The Strip. This morning, executives and employees of MGM Resorts International and Morgans Hotel Group gathered to officially unveil Las Vegas' newest hotel.
Click here for photos, video and more: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7308751-delano-las-vegas-debuts-on-las-vegas-strip/
"Delano Las Vegas marks a new chapter in the Las Vegas hotel experience, ushering in elevated levels of personalized service, style and attention to detail," said General Manager Matthew Chilton. "We're challenging the quintessential over-the-top Vegas experience by introducing a new brand focused on understated luxury, appealing to in-the-know travelers," added Chilton.
Intimate and stylish, Delano's public spaces envelop guests in a welcoming ambiance punctuated by eclectic, playful details and a modern sensibility. Complemented by sophisticated accommodations, the non-smoking, non-gaming hotel appeals to discerning travelers from around the globe.
Jason Kalisman, Chairman of The Board of Directors at Morgans Hotel Group, stated, "The arrival of Delano to the Las Vegas Strip is a historic moment for Morgans. A Delano is so much more than just a physical structure; it is a special experience that transports guests into a world that combines fantasy and modern luxury. We are both excited and honored to be partnering with MGM Resorts International, a leader in hospitality and entertainment, in bringing this unique lifestyle brand to the Las Vegas Strip."
A Glimpse Into Delano Las Vegas:
A NOD TO THE DESERT
- Grand Arrival. Delano Las Vegas' dramatic stone entryway immerses guests in a carefully curated arrival experience inspired by the city's surrounding desert. Guests are welcomed by a striking installation of a 10-foot tall, 126,000-pound divided boulder sourced from the Nevada desert. Its natural patterns and color palette of yellow, orange and gray make it an art piece in itself. Down the inviting gallery and near the reception area is a gravity-defying art installation comprised of hundreds of small rocks by renowned Korean artist Jaehyo Lee.
DINE & DRINK
- Savor the Moment. At 3940 Coffee + Tea, guests can savor artisanal teas, freshly squeezed juices and artisan-roasted coffees, including the exclusive Delano blend, in a comfortable retreat. Guests also can enjoy exotic tastes from the most eminent coffee-growing regions, including Ethiopia, Colombia and Guatemala, served tableside using the Clever Coffee system, an innovative brewing method that combines the best features of the French press and filter drip techniques.
- Urban Kitchen, Classic Comforts. Historic farmhouse meets urban eatery at Della's Kitchen, blending responsibly sourced ingredients with a chic, industrial aesthetic. The cafe features a menu centered around local and regional ingredients, including a variety from nearby hydroponic farms and Delano Las Vegas' own greenhouse, which supplies herbs for breakfast and lunch menus that toes the line between healthy and decadent.
- Cocktails and Conversation. At Franklin, rare, premium liquors, more than two dozen craft beers by the bottle and a selection of wines-by-the-glass highlight the cocktail-centric drink menu. Alongside libations, guests enjoy a selection of whimsical small bites and appetizers ranging from fried pig's ears to charcuterie. As day turns to night, Franklin buzzes with live entertainment throughout the week, including performances and beats from the hottest up-and-coming DJs.
- View From Above. Soaring high atop Delano Las Vegas and boasting extraordinary views of the Las Vegas Strip, Rivea will debut in 2015 serving French and Italian cuisine from internationally celebrated chef Alain Ducasse. The lounge adjacent to Rivea also will take on a new personality. Until then, guests can enjoy the unmatched views and Ducasse's fare at miX restaurant and lounge.
- A Place to Call Home. With sweeping views of the Las Vegas skyline, Delano's 1,117 guest suites provide a luxurious respite. Design elements include Delano's signature window sheers, crisp white linens, oversized tufted headboards and photography of seductive underwater scenes. Boasting one of the highest standard room square footages of any hotel in the city (725 square feet), each one-bedroom suite features a private bedroom, bold lighting fixtures and a spacious spa-style bath. With a 46" flat-screen TV, wet bar, desk and its own powder room, the adjoining living room offers a plush retreat that doubles as an entertaining area or impromptu meeting space. Delano Las Vegas also features Panoramic Suites, luxurious Delano Penthouse Suites and the exquisite Delano Penthouse Lofts.
- A Rejuvenating Escape. BATHHOUSE Spa offers guests a treatment menu featuring local inspirations and ingredients as well as Global Journeys through India, Asia, Europe and a "Taste of the Islands." BATHHOUSE's two-story, 14,000-square-foot oasis includes 13 treatment rooms, separate hot-and-cold plunge pools, hot whirlpools, eucalyptus steam rooms, redwood saunas, relaxation lounges, vanity rooms, a nail salon and state-of-the-art gym.
- Furry Friends. With a selection of dog-friendly suites, a dedicated doggie menu and butler services, Delano Las Vegas' four-legged guests are treated to the same outstanding service as the two-legged ones. The Doggie Delights Menu includes an array of meal options like Fido's Frittata (egg white frittata), Fowl Play (broiled chicken breast with steamed haricot verts and roasted potatoes) or the Bark-A-Roni (macaroni, bechamel, cheddar cheese and all-beef hot dogs). A designated Doggie Butler offers services ranging from daily walks to a "Plush and Pampered" experience, which includes brushing, TLC and more.
- Under The Sun. In 2015, Delano Las Vegas will introduce Delano Beach Club, a pool experience just steps from the sand and surf of Mandalay Bay Beach. Delano Beach Club will offer hotel guests a dedicated, exclusive pool environment, embracing the laid back South Beach lifestyle.
BUSINESS TRAVEL & MORE
- Mixing Business and Pleasure. With 20,000 square feet of meeting space within the tower and unique offerings for group gatherings, meeting attendees feel inspired, stylish and productive. Guests can create a relaxed business environment or a more casual social setting in the tower's 1,257-square-foot Sage Living Room, outfitted in signature Delano decor for a chic business atmosphere. Guests also can create their own ambiance in any of the 31 meeting rooms and four boardrooms. An additional 16,000 square feet of space for breakfast and lunch meetings is located on the top floor with panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Mandalay Bay Amenities. Just steps away from the three-level, 1.7 million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Delano Las Vegas guests can enjoy all that the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property has to offer. More information on Mandalay Bay Amenities can be found here.
DELANO LAS VEGAS RESOURCES
- Visit our website: delanolasvegas.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @DelanoVegas
- Like us on Facebook: Delano Las Vegas
- News & Photos: Delano Las Vegas
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,317
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,810
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,612
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,908
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Mar. 25, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,647
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 25, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,780
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,419
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 25, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,560
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 479
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 24, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 640
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 24, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,493
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,147
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,883
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 317
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,622