|By Marketwired .||
|September 3, 2014 05:30 AM EDT||
MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - September 03, 2014) - Creative Technology Ltd today announced the Sound Blaster X7, its most powerful and technologically advanced audio solution to date. Created to provide only the best audio experience for gamers, the Sound Blaster X7 incorporates Creative's renowned audio processing technologies with the finest audiophile-grade components and specifications, coupled with a whole slew of advanced features to cover all aspects of usage on different platforms.
Designed to connect with a whole range of gaming and entertainment systems, the Sound Blaster X7 functions as an ultra high-end external Sound Blaster with an impressive 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and 100W-capable audio amplifier. The result: the clearest, most powerful high-resolution audio experience for games, music and movies.
"The world has changed, and so must Sound Blaster. The answer is the Sound Blaster X7. Audio content for games, music and movies has changed so incredibly in detail and complexity in this day and age, and consumed on so many platforms -- PCs, laptops, smart devices, TVs and game consoles to name a few -- and by many different generations of users. Our goal is to allow all these users of all these platforms to enjoy the best audio in the way it's meant to be heard, and in the way they want to hear it. That's why we've created the Sound Blaster X7. It is absolutely the biggest, baddest, and boldest Sound Blaster to date," says Wong Hoo Sim, CEO of Creative.
"It boasts the biggest array of features of any Sound Blaster, including an unprecedented kick-ass built-in power amplifier, cross-platform connectivity, and our proprietary intelligent audio enhancement technologies. It is the baddest player in the arena of entertainment audio -- we have spared no effort in spoiling our users with only the finest of the finest audiophile-grade components that deliver the absolute best audio performance. We have no concern for cost as long as our users get the best of the best. We splurged on exquisite Fine-Gold capacitors just to squeeze out that last drop of performance on top of the already superb audio quality. We even indulged our users' wish to have swappable op-amps to customize their audio's tonal characteristics. And the boldest, because we dared to overcome mountains of obstacles to create an ultra premium audiophile-grade device and fuse it with such a mind-blowing list of features; and then compress all of it into one stylish compact trapezoidal prism that can be easily connected to the PC and just about anything else. So if you've always aspired to pwn the Everest of Audio, seek no further. It's here."
The Sound Blaster X7 for Captivating and Adrenaline-Pumping Games
Users of the Sound Blaster X7 will gain full access to Creative's extensive suite of advanced audio enhancement technologies through the built-in SB-Axx1 multi-core DSP that deliver an all-new standard of audio realism for games. This functionality is especially pertinent to capture and reproduce the incredibly detailed audio created alongside the immensely compelling graphics and expansive environments found in today's popular gaming titles, such as Battlefield 4, Titanfall and Skyrim.
With the Sound Blaster X7's massive connectivity options, users who game on PCs, laptops, game consoles, tablets, smartphones and even TVs can now enjoy the full benefits of these enhancement technologies. Upgrading to the external Sound Blaster X7 is a breeze -- just plug and play!
The Sound Blaster X7 for Mellifluous and Beyond Pristine Music
Today, average users -- and even audiophiles -- store most of their music on their PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. The Sound Blaster X7 connects to these devices while boasting the finest components and top-notch specifications that allow users to enjoy ultra high-resolution music the way it was recorded in the studio.
These components and amplification capabilities allow the Sound Blaster X7 to deliver amazing audio quality even by audiophile standards on passive bookshelf and tower speakers.
Audiophile-grade components, features, and specifications:
- Burr-Brown (PCM1794) 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) supports high-resolution audio playback of HD audio tracks up to 24-bit/192kHz when connected to PC/Mac, including 24-bit/88.2kHz and 24-bit/176.4kHz
- Texas Instruments (TPA6120A2) 600ohm headphone amplifier is capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones, with full and detailed clarity
- High power, high efficiency Texas Instruments Class D amplifier (TPA3116D2) delivers up to 100W power (2 x 50W @ 4ohm)* to passive bookshelf and tower speakers
- Burr-Brown (PCM4220) 123dB analog-to-digital converter (ADC) delivers high quality, low noise analog line-in audio playback and audio recording of up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Nichicon "Fine Gold" capacitors offers rich sound in the bass register and clearer highs
- USB 2.0 Host connectivity allows direct streaming of high quality, lossless audio from Android and iOS devices
- Asynchronous Mode USB Audio greatly reduces jitter and allows accurate high-resolution audio data transfer from the computer
- Swappable op-amps for customizable tonality
- ASIO support allows for reduced latency for a higher resolution audio experience
- Gold-plated audio connectors create precise contact for low signal loss
- *100W speaker output requires upgrade to high power adapter (24V 6A).
- Supplied power adapter provides up to 2 X 38W @ 4ohm.
The Sound Blaster X7 for Immersive and Explosive Movies
With the advent of high-speed broadband, users have easy access to HD and Ultra HD movies through download sites and streaming solutions such as Netflix. These sites and services have upped the ante of users' expectations in terms of the visual quality of their entertainment, but they are often let down by subpar audio from inferior sound systems.
The Sound Blaster X7 will bring TV and movie audio to a whole new level of detail and realism. Users can connect the Sound Blaster X7 to their existing sound systems and enjoy the full suite of Sound Blaster processing for real-time audio enhancement. For instance, SBX Crystalizer™ is able to emphasize subtle audio details that were previously unheard, while SBX Bass enhances low frequency audio for an impactful experience, for example, with explosions in fast-paced action movies and shows. SBX Smart Volume on the other hand, intelligently minimizes abrupt volume level changes during playback and between commercials.
Users will also be able to enjoy a cinematic audio experience via the Sound Blaster X7's built-in Dolby Digital decoding technology that delivers powerful 5.1 discrete channels of high-quality surround sound for supported content via their speaker systems.
Ultra High Fidelity Digital Audio Superhighway
The Sound Blaster X7 provides a digital audio superhighway starting right from the original uncompressed audio from the PC/Mac, through a high-speed USB 2.0 digital audio path, to a high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz 127dB DAC, immediately coupled directly to a powerful 100W built-in amplifier. Connect to any high-end passive speaker system that users have yearned for, and savor the deeply stirring music as it comes alive with stunning details!
Extensive Connectivity Options
The Sound Blaster X7 boasts a full range of convenient audio input and output connectivity options that allow it to serve as the ultimate audio upgrade for most sound systems.
Listen from all audio sources:
- Digital High-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity to PC/Mac as an ultra high-end external Sound Blaster
- Digital USB Host connectivity to select iOS/Android models for direct high quality, lossless audio streaming^
- Optical S/PDIF-Input connectivity to televisions and gaming consoles
- Features wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy connectivity and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for one-touch Bluetooth pairing. Also supports HD audio codecs such as aptX® Low Latency and AAC for a wireless connection as good as a wired connection, and Creative Multipoint™ for up to two simultaneous Bluetooth connections
- Features an RCA Line-In (Right and Left) option for analog connectivity to other various audio sources
- Features a 3.5mm Mic-In
^ Compatible with:
- iOS devices using Lightning connector (iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, iPad Air, iPad Mini)
- Android devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, Note 2, Note 3; Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7; Sony Xperia Z Ultra; Xiaomi Redmi, Redmi Note, Mi 3; LG G2)
Play to any speaker system and headphones:
- Gold-plated 2-Way binding post terminal connectors for passive bookshelf and tower speakers (bare wires/banana plug connectivity). Comes with a switch for impedance selection
- 5.1 analog connectivity for surround sound
- Optical S/PDIF-Output connectivity
- 1/4″ (6.3mm) headphone out
- 1/8″ (3.5mm) headphone out
Other Great Features
- For additional real-time audio enhancement for music, movies and games, the built-in multi-core SB-Axx1 audio processor allows users to activate Sound Blaster's intelligent processing capabilities via the SBX Pro Studio™ suite of technologies -- all at a touch of a button. It can also be switched off when listening to lossless audio
- With the built-in beamforming CrystalVoice™ microphone array, the Sound Blaster X7 becomes an intelligent speakerphone for crystal clear voice calls when connected to PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. Users can even record their conversations when connected to a PC/Mac
- CrystalVoice FX allows users to morph their voice into different characters (male, female, orc, alien, elderly, robot, scrappy kid, and more) in games, chats, phone and video calls, and recordings
- Total audio control over Sound Blaster X7 on any platform -- PC, Mac, iOS or Android. The Sound Blaster X7 Control Panel for PC/Mac users, while the Sound Blaster Central mobile application for iOS and Android devices gives users full access to customize their audio settings, like a remote control right in the palm of their hand
Pricing and Availability
The Creative Sound Blaster X7, priced at USD399.99, will be available in December 2014 at the online store at creative.com.
For in-store availability, please refer to local authorized dealers.
For more information about the Creative Sound Blaster X7, please visit www.soundblaster.com/X7/.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices. Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound Blaster Roar and Sound BlasterAxx that aim at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets. Creative's proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment -- anytime, anywhere.
The following files are available for download:
Creative Labs, Inc.
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 797
As the rapid adoption of containers continues, companies are finding that they lack the operational tools to understand the behavior of applications deployed in these containers, and how to identify issues in their application infrastructure. For example, how are multiple containers within an application impacting each other’s performance? If an application’s service is degraded, which container is to blame? In the case of an application outage, what was the root cause of the outage?
Apr. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 767
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 29, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,394
SYS-CON Events announced today TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business-to-business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the com...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,342
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,641
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
Apr. 28, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 368
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 28, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
In the rush to compete in the digital age, a successful digital transformation is essential, but many organizations are setting themselves up for failure. There’s a common misconception that the process is just about technology, but it’s not. It’s about your business. It shouldn’t be treated as an isolated IT project; it should be driven by business needs with the committed involvement of a range of stakeholders.
Apr. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,767
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,373
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,468
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
Apr. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 827
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
Apr. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 992
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,733
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,621