|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 07:19 AM EDT||
CAPE MAY, N.J., Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- TEDxCapeMay returns for a third season to Cape May Convention Hall on Sunday, October 19, 2014, for a full day of diverse presentations under the theme: "The Pursuit of Happiness." The TEDxCapeMay 2014 program features outstanding speakers and performers, each challenged with presenting a novel "idea worth spreading" in 18 minutes or less.
Along with added TED videos, attendees receive lunch and an afternoon open bar reception at the Congress Hall Hotel. Tickets are $75 per person. The event is capped at 300 attendees. For the full program and registration, go to www.TEDxCapeMay.com.
"We're inviting leading innovators from a variety of disciplines to creatively consider our theme," says organizer Norris Clark. "The presenters will be cutting edge, and they'll come at our theme in surprising, varied, and thought-provoking ways."
Exit Zero Publishing, Congress Hall Hotel, Midnight Media Group, 1 Trick Pony and Cape May Forum sponsor TEDxCapeMay 2014. The Lower Cape May Regional Education Association has made student sponsorships possible.
The 2014 program includes the following presenters:
- Adrian Fisher - internationally renowned as the world's leading maze designer will looks to the future of amusements as more of a social experience, comprised of shared choices and rich content.
- Burns Strider - President of the American Values Network, ponders the "happy community" based on years of engagement in political, social and cultural issues to illuminate the origins and development of those virtues and values that, when pursued, draw us closer to an enlightened and happy community.
- Artist Gabriel Barcia-Colombo asks us to consider slowing down in the face of technology that moves us ever faster -- a concept illustrated by his upcoming large-scale digital art installation at a grand, new public space in New York City, opening this summer.
- Comedian Giulia Rozzi believes that by sharing stories and laughing at those stories we help others feel less lonely and help ourselves feel less lonely.
- Rev. Howard Friend asks whether happiness itself should be pursued, and finds happiness as the unanticipated, even surprising outcome of other decisions of attitude and behavior.
- Dr. Judith Coche is a Clinical Psychologist who gives us pointers about how to use the power of love to create greater happiness in our lives. Based on research in Positive Psychology and Psychotherapy, Judith tells us that the greatest human need is to love, so skillful loving creates the foundation for happiness.
- Wellness expert Marti Wolfson believes that the kitchen is the gateway toward experiencing a healthy and happier body and mind. More and more people are experiencing health symptoms, many of which can be cured by the very food we eat. By tapping into our "intuitive cook" the inner healer can emerge.
- Renowned writer and cultural anthropologist Dr. Mary Catherine Bateson finds happiness in the capacity to make a contribution during the unanticipated years of healthy longevity, and she believes that these contributions of active wisdom from seniors may very well save the world.
- Biomimicry specialist Victoria Keziah brings a suite of bio-inspired principles for stakeholders in the emerging economy who strive to manage multiple forms of well-being, not only for people and profit, but for place and planet. Recognizing that the ecology and economy of the Jersey Shore are deeply interconnected and interdependent, Victoria will offer actionable insight into why this is an opportunity worth celebrating, and an idea worth spreading.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a conference in California 26 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with many initiatives.
At a TED conference, the world's leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes or less. TED speakers have included Roger Ebert, Sheryl Sandberg, Bill Gates, Elizabeth Gilbert, Benoit Mandelbrot, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Brian Greene, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Three major TED events are held each year: The TED Conference takes place every spring in Vancouver, Canada, simultaneous with TEDActive, in Whistler, BC; and the TEDGlobal Conference takes place each summer in Edinburgh, Scotland.
On TED.com, talks from TED conferences are shared with the world for free as TED Talks videos. A new TED Talk is posted every weekday. Through the Open Translation Project, TED Talks are subtitled by volunteers worldwide into more than 90 languages. Through our distribution networks, TED Talks are shared on TV, radio, Netflix and many websites.
The TEDx initiative grants free licenses to people around the world to organize TED-style events in their communities with TED Talks and live speakers. More than 5,000 TEDx events have been held, and selected talks from these events are also turned into TED Talks videos.
The annual TED Prize grants $1 million to an exceptional individual with a wish to change the world. The TED Fellows program helps world-changing innovators from around the globe to become part of the TED community and, with its help, amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities. TED-Ed creates short video lessons by pairing master teachers with animators, for use in classroom instruction or independent learning.
Media Contact: Norris Clark, Princeton Strategic Communications Group, 609-425-1325, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
May. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 843
May. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,345
May. 5, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,343
May. 5, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,300
May. 5, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,248
May. 5, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,329
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,387
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,215
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,277
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,437
May. 4, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,715
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,434
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 488
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 716