|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBC 2014 Stand 6.A15 -- At IBC 2014, Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications, plans to show how its Media Delivery and Network Operator solutions and services are defining what the next generation of content delivery networks (CDN) must offer to meet the industry's growth, scale and economic demands. The exhibition takes place September 12-15 in Amsterdam.
Drawing upon more than 15 years of experience in helping deliver many of the world's largest, highest-profile events, demonstrations at Akamai's IBC stand 6.A15 are planned to focus on how video quality and service scalability, cloud-based workflow simplification and new technology innovations can help media companies overcome the challenges of connecting online audiences worldwide to video content at the highest possible quality, including:
Quality and scalability
- The ability of Akamai's Intelligent Platform to help broadcasters around the world deliver major events, including this year's watershed Winter Olympics and World Cup, offering the reach and scale necessary to support more viewers consuming more content on more devices at higher quality.
- Live and on-demand multi-format workflow services that are designed to leverage scalable, cloud-based resources that can help dramatically simplify video delivery across an increasingly fragmented device landscape. Supported formats include Apple HLS, Adobe HDS, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and now, MPEG-DASH, which addresses HbbTV requirements for interactive television in Europe.
- Native ingest and live streaming of MPEG-DASH formatted video via an Elemental Technologies encoder, demonstrating greater flexibility and ease in reaching a broader range of connected devices.
- High-speed content uploads to Akamai's NetStorage via Aspera Upload Acceleration, offering efficient, rapid transfer of larger files with higher-quality content into the cloud for further preparation and delivery.
- 4K video streaming from localized Akamai Aura licensed content delivery network (LCDN) caching servers, creating a virtual ISP within Akamai's IBC booth while leveraging content origination and preparation services via the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
- Akamai's Media Client extends the reach of the Akamai Intelligent Platform into homes and onto connected devices to provide higher throughput to larger audiences. This is intended to address increasing consumer demand for more video at higher levels of quality including 4K, which introduces new challenges with larger file sizes and greater bandwidth requirements.
- Through a partnership with Vubiquity, a content-as-a-service solution that combines licensed content libraries with cloud-based workflows, storage and delivery at a global scale. The solution is designed to help service providers and content owners quickly and economically launch over-the-top video services.
Akamai executives are also scheduled to address conference attendees in two separate IBC panel sessions:
- Friday, September 12, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Dr. Tom Leighton, CEO, will participate on the panel, "The Cloud and Broadcast TV: How the industry is adapting to today's consumer with content production, distribution and user engagement."
- Saturday, September 13, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM: Will Law, Chief Architect, Media Division, will participate on the panel, "Broadcast Meets Broadband."
Akamai® is the leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. At the core of the Company's solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
SOURCE Akamai Technologies, Inc.
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,394
May. 4, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,690
May. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,305
May. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,268
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,380
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 385
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
May. 4, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 823
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 627
May. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,049
May. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,175
May. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,284
May. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,224
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,338