|By Business Wire||
|September 3, 2014 09:33 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market today announced that it is partnering with Radius Networks, a market leader in proximity services and proximity beacons with iBeacon™ and AltBeacon™ technology, to offer retailers, educators and healthcare providers a cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure enabled with proximity beacons. Together, Aerohive and Radius Networks provide complementary cloud platforms for helping these organizations meet the demands of today’s increasingly connected customers who are seeking more personalized student education, patient care and shopper experiences.
- The market for proximity solutions using iBeacon and AltBeacon technology that enable personalized experiences in retail, education and healthcare brick-and-mortar venues is exploding as the Internet of Things (IoT) becomes a reality in business. By 2020, it is predicted that there will be 26 billion connected devices.
- In a move to meet the technology demands of the growing retail, education and healthcare markets, Aerohive is partnering with Radius Networks to offer an integrated solution for their wireless needs. The Aerohive and Radius Networks partnership delivers an industry-leading enterprise Wi-Fi solution enabled with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology.
- Deployed across more than 16,000 customers, Aerohive currently serves many of today’s largest retailers, schools, and healthcare facilities.
- Radius Networks is the leader in proximity services and beacon technology supporting a community of over 100,000 proximity solution developers.
- Through this partnership, Aerohive’s cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure optimizes how Radius Networks’ RadBeacons – powered by iBeacon and AltBeacon technology – are deployed and managed in increasingly complex retail, education and healthcare environments. Aerohive is leading the way in helping these organizations to improve business services and personalizing end- user experiences.
- Radius Networks provides Aerohive’s Personal Engagement Platform with the unique ability to improve and personalize customer engagement across various retail, healthcare and education environments. Aerohive’s Wi-Fi infrastructure, coupled with RadBeacon proximity beacons, provides a flexible and scalable foundation for integrating next-generation experience, enhancement, engagement and informative micro-location functionality.
- Stay tuned for a joint Aerohive and Radius Networks webinar on iBeacons featuring Aerohive’s Director of Advanced Technology and O’Reilly author, Matthew Gast, on Sept 25, 2014.
Pricing and Availability
- The list price for Radius Networks RadBeacons starts at $29 for single units with volume discounts available. RadBeacons are compatible with all Aerohive APs. The combined solution is available now.
“Organizations are looking for new technologies to enable them to use real-time data to better engage with their end users and drive relevance so they can offer better services and customized experiences,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive Networks. “Proximity beacons with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology are a key part of Aerohive’s strategy to do just that. Our partnership with Radius Networks has allowed us to deliver the world’s first integrated enterprise Wi-Fi iBeacon-enabled solution tailored for retailers, but also providing unique capability for schools and healthcare providers.”
"Not only does Aerohive simplify networking of distributed enterprise deployments with cloud-enabled networking solutions, but it also provides industry-leading features,” said David Helms, chief product officer at Radius Networks. “We are excited to partner with Aerohive to use RadBeacon proximity beacons with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology to create new and improved applications that bring value to the retail, education and healthcare markets.”
Radius Networks creates new and innovative ways to use wireless device signals for proximity and presence detection. Radius Networks’ cloud-based proximity services and products are used by mobile developers, major retailers, restaurant chains, sports complexes and other companies to drive innovative customer engagement and experience. For more information, visit http://radiusnetworks.com or follow Radius Networks at @radiusnetworks.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Nov. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 470
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 332
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 547
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 227
Nov. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 399
Nov. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 411
Nov. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 511
Nov. 28, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 308
Nov. 28, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 243
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 187
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 395
Nov. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 178
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 433
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 331
Nov. 28, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 208