|By Business Wire||
|September 3, 2014 09:33 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market today announced that it is partnering with Radius Networks, a market leader in proximity services and proximity beacons with iBeacon™ and AltBeacon™ technology, to offer retailers, educators and healthcare providers a cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure enabled with proximity beacons. Together, Aerohive and Radius Networks provide complementary cloud platforms for helping these organizations meet the demands of today’s increasingly connected customers who are seeking more personalized student education, patient care and shopper experiences.
- The market for proximity solutions using iBeacon and AltBeacon technology that enable personalized experiences in retail, education and healthcare brick-and-mortar venues is exploding as the Internet of Things (IoT) becomes a reality in business. By 2020, it is predicted that there will be 26 billion connected devices.
- In a move to meet the technology demands of the growing retail, education and healthcare markets, Aerohive is partnering with Radius Networks to offer an integrated solution for their wireless needs. The Aerohive and Radius Networks partnership delivers an industry-leading enterprise Wi-Fi solution enabled with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology.
- Deployed across more than 16,000 customers, Aerohive currently serves many of today’s largest retailers, schools, and healthcare facilities.
- Radius Networks is the leader in proximity services and beacon technology supporting a community of over 100,000 proximity solution developers.
- Through this partnership, Aerohive’s cloud-managed Wi-Fi infrastructure optimizes how Radius Networks’ RadBeacons – powered by iBeacon and AltBeacon technology – are deployed and managed in increasingly complex retail, education and healthcare environments. Aerohive is leading the way in helping these organizations to improve business services and personalizing end- user experiences.
- Radius Networks provides Aerohive’s Personal Engagement Platform with the unique ability to improve and personalize customer engagement across various retail, healthcare and education environments. Aerohive’s Wi-Fi infrastructure, coupled with RadBeacon proximity beacons, provides a flexible and scalable foundation for integrating next-generation experience, enhancement, engagement and informative micro-location functionality.
- Stay tuned for a joint Aerohive and Radius Networks webinar on iBeacons featuring Aerohive’s Director of Advanced Technology and O’Reilly author, Matthew Gast, on Sept 25, 2014.
Pricing and Availability
- The list price for Radius Networks RadBeacons starts at $29 for single units with volume discounts available. RadBeacons are compatible with all Aerohive APs. The combined solution is available now.
“Organizations are looking for new technologies to enable them to use real-time data to better engage with their end users and drive relevance so they can offer better services and customized experiences,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive Networks. “Proximity beacons with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology are a key part of Aerohive’s strategy to do just that. Our partnership with Radius Networks has allowed us to deliver the world’s first integrated enterprise Wi-Fi iBeacon-enabled solution tailored for retailers, but also providing unique capability for schools and healthcare providers.”
"Not only does Aerohive simplify networking of distributed enterprise deployments with cloud-enabled networking solutions, but it also provides industry-leading features,” said David Helms, chief product officer at Radius Networks. “We are excited to partner with Aerohive to use RadBeacon proximity beacons with iBeacon and AltBeacon technology to create new and improved applications that bring value to the retail, education and healthcare markets.”
Radius Networks creates new and innovative ways to use wireless device signals for proximity and presence detection. Radius Networks’ cloud-based proximity services and products are used by mobile developers, major retailers, restaurant chains, sports complexes and other companies to drive innovative customer engagement and experience. For more information, visit http://radiusnetworks.com or follow Radius Networks at @radiusnetworks.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 942
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,925
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,803
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 926
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,407
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 864
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 981
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,162
Oct. 21, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,129
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,892
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,214
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 629
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,194
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,980