|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai Motor America today announced the launch of Hyundai Rewards, a comprehensive engagement program that rewards owners for shopping online and servicing their vehicles at participating dealerships. The free Hyundai Rewards program (www.hyundai-rewards.com) offers members points for every dollar spent shopping online through the Hyundai Rewards site or every time they visit a participating dealer's service department. Points can be applied towards the purchase or lease of a new Hyundai vehicle or future service visit.
"This program creates a stronger bond between Hyundai Motor America, its dealers and owners. We believe with this platform we are entering the next phase of loyalty with the ultimate goal of rewarding our owners for their support," said Michael Deitz, senior group manager of Connected Care, Hyundai Motor America. "We started an interactive rewards program to make the car ownership experience as easy as possible, lower the cost of ownership and help with that next Hyundai vehicle purchase."
On the Hyundai Rewards website owners can see their current points. Members can use the online calculator to see the dollar value of their points when they create their voucher. They can then bring the voucher into a participating dealer for a discount. Vouchers can be printed, emailed or shown to the dealer on the members' smartphone screen to receive the discount. The Rewards site is fully optimized for mobile devices so owners can shop online, view and create vouchers, find participating dealers and manage their account. There is no limit to the amount of points an owner can earn or redeem.
Hyundai Rewards is integrated into www.myHyundai.com to create a one stop shop for owner benefits and vehicle information. From myHyundai.com, customers can schedule car care, use Hyundai Blue Link and access owner's manuals and how-to videos.
The program features an online mall (Mall.Hyundai-Rewards.com) where owners can earn up to five percent or more of their everyday purchases in Rewards points. The mall has more than 3,000 name brand merchants including Best Buy®, Staples® and Target®. Next to each merchant is the number of Rewards points one can earn per dollar spent as some merchants also multiply the Hyundai Rewards points per dollar spent. Owners are encouraged to shop for things online like they normally would and after they make a purchase the points are automatically awarded to their account. Rewards points earned at the online mall can be used towards the cost of tires, brakes or a new Sonata.
EARNING TRIPLE POINTS SHOPPING ONLINE
Hyundai Rewards members can earn triple points while shopping online with a single transaction. All a member has to do is start their online shopping at Hyundai Rewards. They can earn points using their personal rewards credit card (airline, bank, gas station, small business, etc.) on the merchant's rewards program (office supply, electronics, etc.) as well as at the Hyundai Rewards online mall. The result is a multiplying effect, where members can earn loyalty points from their credit card, merchant programs, as well as Hyundai.
EXAMPLES OF HOW TO EARN HYUNDAI REWARDS WHILE SHOPPING ONLINE
- A Hyundai owner could buy a seven night hotel stay for $896.00 on Hotwire™ and earn 2.16 points per dollar for a total of 1,935 Hyundai Rewards points. 1,935 points is worth $19.35 toward an oil change or other service at their participating Hyundai dealer. In addition, the owner could earn 896 airline miles using their airline credit card for this purchase.
- While hunting for bargains using Groupon®, an owner could earn 2.7 points for every dollar spent. For example a $50.00 golfing Groupon would earn 135 reward points. A $579 three-night, all inclusive vacation with airfare Groupon would earn 1,563 Hyundai Rewards points.
- A small business owner who purchased $1,200.00 in supplies at Staples in a month could earn 1,620 Hyundai Rewards points because Staples has a multiplier of 1.35 points per dollar spent. The same small business owner could also receive up to five percent back in rewards from Staples and free shipping from Staples. If the Hyundai owner also used their small business credit card they could 6,000 points on that card's program.
HYUNDAI SERVICE VISITS
During service visits, owners simply bring their registered Hyundai vehicle to a participating Hyundai dealer and earn points automatically for routine maintenance or repairs. No paperwork or membership card is required. Hyundai customers can have up to four vehicles enrolled in the program at any time. Participating dealers can be found on Hyundai-Rewards.com. Earning points is easy and will automatically be added to the owner's Hyundai Rewards Account. These points can be combined with points earned on the mall to pay for future service visits or to purchase a new Hyundai. Here are a few actual examples:
- A Hyundai owner earned 134 Rewards points on an oil change and filter service.
- Another Hyundai owner earned 2,024 Rewards points for service on the transmission and cooling system.
- Recently, a Hyundai Rewards owner had service performed on his Santa Fe, including cabin air filter replacement, engine air filter replacement, a coolant flush, electrical work, an oil change, tire rotation, and a multi-point inspection. The total for the service came to $356.23. The member created a customized redemption voucher on the spot and paid for the entire amount using his rewards points.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Blue Link Connected Care provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services complimentary for one year with enrollment. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
89 Degrees is a full-service technology, marketing, and analytics firm that specializes in customer engagement strategy and execution. The firm's results-oriented services combine expertise in user experience, loyalty, and technology for maximum engagement and ROI. 89 Degrees provides the back-end management of the Hyundai Rewards program. For more information, visit 89Degrees.com.
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
Aug. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,051
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,837
Aug. 26, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,424
Aug. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 390
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 690
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 649
Aug. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,919
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 665
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,529
Aug. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,305
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,930
Aug. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 557
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 427
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,418
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,978