|By PR Newswire||
|September 3, 2014 11:00 AM EDT|
BURLINGTON, Mass., Sept. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that the Latin American region will see rapid adoption of spinal implants and bone graft substitutes (BGS), as the market for these devices will reach $530 million in 2022. In addition to an aging population, the significant market for medical tourism in Latin America will drive strong uptake of these products. In an effort to cater to tourists, some facilities are purchasing high-end products, which will further support market expansion. In addition, more local manufacturers will enter the market through 2022 with low-cost products, enabling a greater portion of the Latin American population to access spinal implant and BGS procedures.
Other key findings from Decision Resources Group's coverage of the Latin American spinal implant and BGS market:
- Prevalence of motor vehicle collisions: High motor vehicle accident rates in Latin America—and particularly in Colombia—will fuel procedures volumes. The prevalence of road congestion and the rising use of motorbikes will exacerbate this trend. Although some initiatives to reduce the frequency of collisions are being put into effect, motor vehicle accidents will remain a significant contributor to procedure volumes through 2022.
- Success of cervical artificial discs: Cervical artificial discs will represent the largest and fastest-growing segment in the Latin American spinal nonfusion market through 2022. This can be attributed to their highly successful clinical outcomes and increasing surgeon confidence in these devices.
- Importance of local knowledge: Local companies are present to varying degrees across all four countries. To compete with the local knowledge held by these companies, international players generally use distributors. This will be a particularly important strategy to access rural areas.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Analyst Hamza Sajjad:
- "On a country level, Argentina's poor economic state will lead to a lower market value and slower growth rate than the other countries. Market growth will be further hindered by the presence of many low-cost manufacturers, which will place pressure on device prices."
- "Brazil currently has the most stringent regulatory approval process, which will present challenges both for new entrants and existing competitors trying to launch new and novel devices."
- Hamza Sajjad has written a Medtech 360 report on this subject entitled Latin American Markets for Spinal Implants and Bone Graft Substitutes 2014.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
Sep. 24, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,557
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,483
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,676
Sep. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,512
Sep. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,411
Sep. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,013
Sep. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,178
Sep. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,624
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,670
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 730
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 740
Sep. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,015
Sep. 24, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,451
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Sep. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 944