|By Business Wire||
|September 4, 2014 10:02 AM EDT||
Organizers of the fourth-annual Seattle Interactive Conference (www.seattleinteractive.com) today announced that SIC 2014 will be held October 15-16, featuring a jam-packed combination of presentations, structured networking events, a company exhibition Hub and an after-hours party. Dedicated to the theme of “Makers,” the two-day event is set for The Conference Center of the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle. Planners expect more than 4,000 attendees from throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Makers are thought-leaders who drive inspiration and change with the next big idea, as well as companies that successfully cultivate innovation and then translate it into commerce. What can everyone learn from their experiences integrating new ideas and visions? Are today’s companies truly positioned to embrace change? What are the critical new tools at-hand, both for individuals and organizations?
An Early Bird Registration special is in effect through midnight this Sunday, September 7, providing a 20% discount, at www.seattleinteractive.com. Some of the more than 75 featured speakers at SIC 2014 include:
- Nick Hanauer, a renowned entrepreneur, investor, author and activist. Hanauer has managed, founded or financed more than 30 companies, These Include Amazon.com (he was instrumental in the initial funding of the company), Aquantive Inc., (purchased by Microsoft in 2007 for $6.4 billion), Insitu group (purchased by Boeing for $400 million), and Market Leader (purchased by Trulia in 2013 for $350 million).
- Cey Adams, a digital and design pioneer who created visual identities, album covers, logos, and advertising campaigns for Run DMC, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Notorious B.I.G., Maroon 5, and Jay-Z;
- Greg Whitely, an award-winning filmmaker who is currently completing a documentary about creativity, innovation and education in the 21st Century. He is well known as the mind behind “Mitt,” a political documentary about former presidential candidate Mitt Romney;
- Janelle Maiocco, CEO and Founder of Farmstr, an online farmer-to-consumer marketplace. Her company aims to disrupt the current global food system by creating an efficient sales channel for small local, sustainable producers to sell direct to customers, increase sales and margin;
- Jeremiah Owyang, Chief Catalyst and Founder of Crowd Companies. He and his company focus on how disruptive Web technologies—such as social media, the collaborative economy, and interactive marketing—impact the relevance of corporations to customers today and in the future.
“We are excited to bring SIC 2014 attendees a world-class mix of perspectives directly from many of those driving and defining what the digital landscape is today and will be in years to come,” said Brian Rauschenbach, SIC curator. “SIC 2014 builds on our heritage of providing individuals and companies from throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond with useful new information, powerful networking opportunities, actionable lessons and practical takeaways.”
In addition to a full slate of programming, SIC 2014 will again feature structured networking breaks during the conference, a bustling exhibit area for sponsoring companies to directly interact with attendees, post-show Happy Hours, and an after-hours party.
To learn more and register: www.seattleinteractive.com.
About Seattle Interactive Conference
The Seattle Interactive Conference is a two-day event celebrating the convergence of online technology, creativity, and emerging trends in one of the world's most innovative cities. SIC brings together entrepreneurs, developers and online business professionals from throughout the US and beyond for a powerful combination of in-depth presentations, networking opportunities, and uniquely Seattle social events. Attendees have the rare opportunity to explore transformative technologies and business models with visionary thinkers and peers in areas ranging from online commerce and social media to gaming, interactive advertising, entertainment, and much more.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 791
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,934
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,786
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,332
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 627
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,434
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,752
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 569
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,812
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,478
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,127
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,656
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,232
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,453
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,976