|By Business Wire||
|September 4, 2014 10:02 AM EDT||
Organizers of the fourth-annual Seattle Interactive Conference (www.seattleinteractive.com) today announced that SIC 2014 will be held October 15-16, featuring a jam-packed combination of presentations, structured networking events, a company exhibition Hub and an after-hours party. Dedicated to the theme of “Makers,” the two-day event is set for The Conference Center of the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle. Planners expect more than 4,000 attendees from throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Makers are thought-leaders who drive inspiration and change with the next big idea, as well as companies that successfully cultivate innovation and then translate it into commerce. What can everyone learn from their experiences integrating new ideas and visions? Are today’s companies truly positioned to embrace change? What are the critical new tools at-hand, both for individuals and organizations?
An Early Bird Registration special is in effect through midnight this Sunday, September 7, providing a 20% discount, at www.seattleinteractive.com. Some of the more than 75 featured speakers at SIC 2014 include:
- Nick Hanauer, a renowned entrepreneur, investor, author and activist. Hanauer has managed, founded or financed more than 30 companies, These Include Amazon.com (he was instrumental in the initial funding of the company), Aquantive Inc., (purchased by Microsoft in 2007 for $6.4 billion), Insitu group (purchased by Boeing for $400 million), and Market Leader (purchased by Trulia in 2013 for $350 million).
- Cey Adams, a digital and design pioneer who created visual identities, album covers, logos, and advertising campaigns for Run DMC, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Notorious B.I.G., Maroon 5, and Jay-Z;
- Greg Whitely, an award-winning filmmaker who is currently completing a documentary about creativity, innovation and education in the 21st Century. He is well known as the mind behind “Mitt,” a political documentary about former presidential candidate Mitt Romney;
- Janelle Maiocco, CEO and Founder of Farmstr, an online farmer-to-consumer marketplace. Her company aims to disrupt the current global food system by creating an efficient sales channel for small local, sustainable producers to sell direct to customers, increase sales and margin;
- Jeremiah Owyang, Chief Catalyst and Founder of Crowd Companies. He and his company focus on how disruptive Web technologies—such as social media, the collaborative economy, and interactive marketing—impact the relevance of corporations to customers today and in the future.
“We are excited to bring SIC 2014 attendees a world-class mix of perspectives directly from many of those driving and defining what the digital landscape is today and will be in years to come,” said Brian Rauschenbach, SIC curator. “SIC 2014 builds on our heritage of providing individuals and companies from throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond with useful new information, powerful networking opportunities, actionable lessons and practical takeaways.”
In addition to a full slate of programming, SIC 2014 will again feature structured networking breaks during the conference, a bustling exhibit area for sponsoring companies to directly interact with attendees, post-show Happy Hours, and an after-hours party.
To learn more and register: www.seattleinteractive.com.
About Seattle Interactive Conference
The Seattle Interactive Conference is a two-day event celebrating the convergence of online technology, creativity, and emerging trends in one of the world's most innovative cities. SIC brings together entrepreneurs, developers and online business professionals from throughout the US and beyond for a powerful combination of in-depth presentations, networking opportunities, and uniquely Seattle social events. Attendees have the rare opportunity to explore transformative technologies and business models with visionary thinkers and peers in areas ranging from online commerce and social media to gaming, interactive advertising, entertainment, and much more.
May. 25, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 985
May. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 825
May. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,425
May. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,034
May. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,054
May. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,693
May. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,126
May. 24, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 822
May. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,099
May. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
May. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 972
May. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,662
May. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,855
May. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,833
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689