|By Marketwired .||
|September 4, 2014 10:15 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 09/04/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today expanded its industry-leading portfolio of printing services and solutions designed to help customers simplify printer security deployment and monitoring to protect their network and confidential information while meeting the growing list of compliance guidelines.
These new security services and solutions are part of HP JetAdvantage, a new brand that represents HP's comprehensive document and workflow printing portfolio. HP JetAdvantage delivers a portfolio of solutions for mobile printing, print security, workflow and printer management to help streamline crucial business processes and tasks to reduce cost and enhance employee productivity.
Securing a print infrastructure is rapidly becoming an important component of an enterprise's overall network security. As a leader in IT enterprise security, HP offers security solutions and services designed to protect enterprise printing environments. The new offerings include:
- The HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC) 2.1 tool simplifies security deployment and monitoring for HP printing fleets by streamlining the time-consuming task of creating IT security policies for secure device communications. HP IPSC reduces network security risks and improves compliance without adding to IT overhead.
- HP Print Security Advisory Services offer an analysis of a print environment, deployment of optimal security policies and recommendations for solutions to best secure the printing infrastructure.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise flow multifunction printer (MFP) M630 series features a suite of more than 200 embedded security features, powerful document workflows for compliance and the HP Trusted Platform Module Accessory to help protect customers "out of the box."
"In the healthcare industry, there's a delicate balance between security, compliance and productivity, and the technology we use is critical to maintaining that balance," said Brad Nelson, IT Manager, Baptist Health. "We have partnered with HP to help secure our enterprise printing environment while increasing compliance and employee productivity."
"As the financial impact of a data breach increases, the fundamental need for comprehensive printing security solutions continues to grow," said Pradeep Jotwani, senior vice president, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, HP. "As a trusted leader in IT Security, HP is expanding its foundation of industry-leading LaserJet devices, solutions and services with new HP Print Security Innovations for print security monitoring and management."
Expanded HP print security innovations
Rounding out the HP print security portfolio are several new solutions that help customers monitor, audit and manage a printing environment, from device to data to documents, to ensure IT security requirements and satisfy compliance requirements:
- The industry-leading security monitoring capability of HP ArcSight has been extended to include security monitoring of the full HP portfolio of FutureSmart printing and multifunction devices. With the ability to collect, analyze and correlate print device log events, risks are automatically highlighted in the HP ArcSight dashboard, giving customers a comprehensive view of their IT environment security.
- The HP Secure Content Management and Monitoring solution helps customers reduce the risk of security breaches associated with all print, scan, copy and fax functions at the device level. By extending HP Autonomy Information Governance tools to monitor and audit all information flowing through the HP multifunction device, this solution enables early detection of document security breaches.
- HP JetAdvantage Pull Print -- available with select HP LaserJet and Officejet products -- helps prevent unauthorized access to confidential print jobs and reduces waste that can occur from unclaimed or misprinted jobs. Each print job is securely stored in the cloud using AES 256-bit encryption until the user authenticates and claims the job from the printer. This cloud-based solution offers simple setup and management, taking the complexity out of pull print for enterprises and SMBs.
Additional information about these new HP imaging and printing offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/printsecurity.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 951
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,150
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 521
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,141
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,963
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,805
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 705
Dec. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 7,124
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,335
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 879
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,060
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,671
"Coalfire is a cyber-risk, security and compliance assessment and advisory services firm. We do a lot of work with the cloud service provider community," explained Ryan McGowan, Vice President, Sales (West) at Coalfire Systems, Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 899
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,086
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 906