|By PR Newswire||
|September 4, 2014 11:22 AM EDT||
ADDIS-ABABA, Ethiopia, September 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
"Africa is the youngest and fastest-growing continent, with young people that are full of dreams and ambition"
President Barack Obama at the US-Africa leadership Summit, WA D.C, August 2014
With the Power Africa Initiative investment extended to $276 billion to reach 60 million beneficiaries, America's role in the economic development of Africa is set to transform the power sector by supporting the development of power generation and transmission, making way for the advancement of the wider economy.
As the U.S.-Africa Energy Ministerial (AEM) came to a close earlier this year, EnergyNet will welcome representatives from USAID and OPIC to the 3rd annual Powering Africa: Ethiopia meeting in Addis Ababa from 20-21st November to discuss developments in Ethiopia's power sector and the positive impact of the Power Africa Initiative on the country to date.
The Powering Africa: Ethiopia meeting will connect Ethiopia's government and energy ministries with American power-infrastructure developers and financiers with the ability to bring capacity building to the region's renewable energy sector. With case studies from the likes of USAID, OPIC and Terra Global Energy Developers LLC, the meeting will welcome US and Canadian stakeholders looking to harness the country's vast renewable energy resources.
Key speakers include:
- H.E Alemayehu Tegenu, Minister of Water Irrigation & Energy, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- H.E Mr Dawano Kedir, State Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of F.D.R Ethiopia
- Admassu Tadesse, President and CEO, PTA Bank
- V. K. Khare, Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Electric Utility
- Peter Ballinger, Director, US-Africa Clean Energy Development and Finance Center, OPIC
- Behailu Assefa, Vice President, Terra Global Energy Developers LLC
- Lebbi Changullah, Secretary General, Eastern Africa Power Pool
- Neb Girma, Senior Transaction Advisor, Ethiopia Power Africa USAID
- Gosaye Mengistie, Director of Power, Ministry of Water & Energy
- Negus Kebede, Business Promotion Director, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Mollalign Abebe, Director, Legal Services Directorate, Ethiopian Electricity Authority
- Samson Atshba, Head of Renewable Energy Technologies, (EnDEV) Ethiopia
- Meseret Zemedkun (PhD), Geothermal Expert, United Nations for Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Abiyehoy Girma Mekuria, Senior Energy Officer, African Development Bank (Ethiopia)
- LIANG XUAN , Business Development Lead, MENA, Goldwind International Holdings
To view the full list of speakers, please visit http://www.poweringafrica-ethiopia.com
For more information about Powering Africa: Ethiopia:
Meeting dates: 20-21st November 2014
Venue: Radisson Blu, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contact: Amy Offord, Senior Marketing Executive
Email: [email protected]
Aug. 31, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 262
Aug. 31, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 872
Aug. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,838
Aug. 31, 2016 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 161
Aug. 31, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 975
Aug. 31, 2016 04:12 PM EDT Reads: 212
Aug. 31, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,125
Aug. 31, 2016 03:29 PM EDT Reads: 189
Aug. 31, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 310
Aug. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 788
Aug. 31, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,098
Aug. 31, 2016 02:03 PM EDT Reads: 217
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 31, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,282
Aug. 31, 2016 12:26 PM EDT Reads: 173
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 31, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 928