|By Marketwired .||
|September 4, 2014 12:37 PM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/04/14 -- From major anniversaries including Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th to museum exhibits such as the world-wide exclusive of Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, and the restoration of historic landmarks with the opening of the much-anticipated Union Station in Denver, Colorado is the place to be this fall and winter for all things innovative and fun. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
New Attractions and Activities:
- Rocky Mountain National Park 100th Anniversary Celebration. From September 3, 2014, through September 4, 2015, Rocky Mountain National Park, along with local and national communities, will be celebrating the park's 100th anniversary.
- Denver's Union Station. Officially opened on July 26, 2014, Denver's Union Station includes 13 new restaurant and retail outlets and the luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Reopening. The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park re-opened its gate to the public Labor Day weekend 2014, to showcase the completion of a brand new 14,500-foot Visitor Center and to allow visitors to walk or drive across one of the world's highest suspension bridges.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort's Skijoring Lessons. Starting January 2015, St. Regis Aspen Resort invites guests to em"bark" on the sport of skijoring with private lessons in Aspen.
- Winter Fat Bike Tours with Breck Bike Guides. Huge, low-pressure tires make these specialty bikes perfect for riding all winter long. Join the staff at Breck Bike Guides for a snowy cruise from their downtown shop.
- Arapahoe Basin Kids Center. The three-story, $2.3 million building will house snow sports check-in and dining areas, kids rentals and a new first aid room.
- Carbondale Bike Park. Set to open in September 2014, the $95,000 park will include a mountain bike skills "flow line", a large pump track and dirt jumps.
- Crested Butte's Ski Bike Rentals. This year, guests can rent one of ten new ski bikes in Crested Butte Mountain Resort's rental fleet.
- Children's Center at Buttermilk. Aspen/Snowmass is excited to unveil The Hideout, a new $10 million children's center at the base of Buttermilk Mountain with improved access for drop off, direct access to the mountain and an adventurous and interactive design.
- Telluride's Ski and Yoga Camp. This new program combines daily yoga exercise with ski instruction.
- Renovation of Grand Junction's Historic Avalon Theatre. The $9 million renovation of the 90-year-old theatre is scheduled to be complete in September 2014.
- Colorado Roots Guide. Roll up your sleeves and enrich your travels with something uniquely Colorado with help from this new digital agritourism travel guide.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter Release. The fourth United States Mint quarter release in 2014 is the Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter.
New Lodging Offerings:
- The Art Hotel. A new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver is expected to open in late 2014, showcasing a lobby with modern art and guest rooms with vibrant art and wall coverings.
- The Broadmoor's Cloud Camp. The property is a wilderness retreat on Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain that opened in August 2014.
- Crawford Hotel in Denver's Union Station. The luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel opened its doors in Denver's Union Station in July 2014.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa's High Lonesome Lodge & Barn. The new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
- The Hyatt Place Boulder. Scheduled to open in early 2015, the property is located in the city-center of Boulder.
- The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge Remodel. Work began this past spring on full room remodels and the addition of The Traverse Restaurant.
- The Lodge at Vail Renovations. 56 hotel rooms will be completely renovated to debut for the 2014-2015 winter season.
- Marble Distilling Company Craft Distillery and Inn. Marble Distilling Company in Carbondale is building a family-owned and operated craft distillery, tasting room and luxury boutique Inn.
- Hotel Teatro Renovations and New Restaurant. In August 2014, Denver's iconic hotel unveiled a new, locally-inspired restaurant, The Nickel; The Barrel Bar, featuring a barrel-aged cocktail program; and a new lobby and study.
- Vasquez Creek Inn. This new inn is within walking distance to Winter Park shops.
- Westin Hotel and Public Transit Center at Denver International Airport. In spring 2015, a new 500-room Westin Hotel will open its doors at Denver International Airport as part of the South Terminal Redevelopment project.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits:
- Mark Mothersbaugh: Myopia at Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. This retrospective exhibition on display October 31, 2014 through February 15, 2015 will bring together the first comprehensive presentation of Mark Mothersbaugh's art and music to date.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century at the Denver Art Museum. This worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum November 16, 2014 - March 15, 2015 will include an assortment of jewelry, timepieces and precious objects from the Cartier collection.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's Winter on the Mountain. Located on top of Iron Mountain overlooking Glenwood Springs, the park will introduce Winter on the Mountain in November 2014.
- Polar Express at the Colorado Railroad Museum. The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden will offer a theatrical Polar Express Train Ride production starting November 21, 2014.
- Mountain High Music Festival. The newly expanded Mountain High Music Festival will present an eclectic mix of mile-high musical performances January 15-18, 2015 in Crested Butte.
- 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. Taking place February 2-15, 2015, this prestigious event in Vail and Beaver Creek represents the largest and most impressive collection of ski racing talent in the world, second only to the Olympics.
- Telluride Develops Winter Music Scene. The new Winter Series courts large acts to play at the 950-person Telluride Conference Center throughout ski and snowboard season.
New Food and Beverage Offerings:
- 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company. This new Vail distillery crafts spirits from locally sourced ingredients.
- Blackbelly Market. Season Five Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg will open his much-anticipated restaurant/market/butcher shop in Boulder this fall.
- David Burke Kitchen. Utilizing Colorado-based ingredients, the restaurant will open in the heart of historic downtown Aspen.
- FoCo Cafe. Opening this fall in Fort Collins, the new restaurant's mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay.
- Leopold Bros. This award-winning craft spirits purveyor will open a new expanded distillery in northeast Denver late this fall.
- Lunch Rock Restaurant. Winter Park Resort will add the new Lunch Rock Restaurant atop the Mary Jane Territory to be completed by Christmas 2014.
- Peak 9 Restaurant Renovation. Breckenridge Ski Resort will unveil the interior remodel of the existing Peak 9 restaurant.
- Thunderhead Lodge. Thunderhead Lodge at the top of the Gondola on Steamboat Ski Resort received a dramatic makeover this summer.
SYS-CON Events announced today Object Management Group® has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,475
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,294
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 773
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 28, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,429
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,260
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,913
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,240
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,316
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 28, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,005
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,406
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,322
SYS-CON Events announced today that EastBanc Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EastBanc Technologies has been working at the frontier of technology since 1999. Today, the firm provides full-lifecycle software development delivering flexible technology solutions that seamlessly integrate with existing systems – whether on premise or cloud. EastBanc Technologies partners with p...
May. 27, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,299
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 27, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,868
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
May. 27, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,496
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,195