|By Marketwired .||
|September 4, 2014 12:37 PM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/04/14 -- From major anniversaries including Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th to museum exhibits such as the world-wide exclusive of Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, and the restoration of historic landmarks with the opening of the much-anticipated Union Station in Denver, Colorado is the place to be this fall and winter for all things innovative and fun. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
New Attractions and Activities:
- Rocky Mountain National Park 100th Anniversary Celebration. From September 3, 2014, through September 4, 2015, Rocky Mountain National Park, along with local and national communities, will be celebrating the park's 100th anniversary.
- Denver's Union Station. Officially opened on July 26, 2014, Denver's Union Station includes 13 new restaurant and retail outlets and the luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Reopening. The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park re-opened its gate to the public Labor Day weekend 2014, to showcase the completion of a brand new 14,500-foot Visitor Center and to allow visitors to walk or drive across one of the world's highest suspension bridges.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort's Skijoring Lessons. Starting January 2015, St. Regis Aspen Resort invites guests to em"bark" on the sport of skijoring with private lessons in Aspen.
- Winter Fat Bike Tours with Breck Bike Guides. Huge, low-pressure tires make these specialty bikes perfect for riding all winter long. Join the staff at Breck Bike Guides for a snowy cruise from their downtown shop.
- Arapahoe Basin Kids Center. The three-story, $2.3 million building will house snow sports check-in and dining areas, kids rentals and a new first aid room.
- Carbondale Bike Park. Set to open in September 2014, the $95,000 park will include a mountain bike skills "flow line", a large pump track and dirt jumps.
- Crested Butte's Ski Bike Rentals. This year, guests can rent one of ten new ski bikes in Crested Butte Mountain Resort's rental fleet.
- Children's Center at Buttermilk. Aspen/Snowmass is excited to unveil The Hideout, a new $10 million children's center at the base of Buttermilk Mountain with improved access for drop off, direct access to the mountain and an adventurous and interactive design.
- Telluride's Ski and Yoga Camp. This new program combines daily yoga exercise with ski instruction.
- Renovation of Grand Junction's Historic Avalon Theatre. The $9 million renovation of the 90-year-old theatre is scheduled to be complete in September 2014.
- Colorado Roots Guide. Roll up your sleeves and enrich your travels with something uniquely Colorado with help from this new digital agritourism travel guide.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter Release. The fourth United States Mint quarter release in 2014 is the Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter.
New Lodging Offerings:
- The Art Hotel. A new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver is expected to open in late 2014, showcasing a lobby with modern art and guest rooms with vibrant art and wall coverings.
- The Broadmoor's Cloud Camp. The property is a wilderness retreat on Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain that opened in August 2014.
- Crawford Hotel in Denver's Union Station. The luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel opened its doors in Denver's Union Station in July 2014.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa's High Lonesome Lodge & Barn. The new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
- The Hyatt Place Boulder. Scheduled to open in early 2015, the property is located in the city-center of Boulder.
- The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge Remodel. Work began this past spring on full room remodels and the addition of The Traverse Restaurant.
- The Lodge at Vail Renovations. 56 hotel rooms will be completely renovated to debut for the 2014-2015 winter season.
- Marble Distilling Company Craft Distillery and Inn. Marble Distilling Company in Carbondale is building a family-owned and operated craft distillery, tasting room and luxury boutique Inn.
- Hotel Teatro Renovations and New Restaurant. In August 2014, Denver's iconic hotel unveiled a new, locally-inspired restaurant, The Nickel; The Barrel Bar, featuring a barrel-aged cocktail program; and a new lobby and study.
- Vasquez Creek Inn. This new inn is within walking distance to Winter Park shops.
- Westin Hotel and Public Transit Center at Denver International Airport. In spring 2015, a new 500-room Westin Hotel will open its doors at Denver International Airport as part of the South Terminal Redevelopment project.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits:
- Mark Mothersbaugh: Myopia at Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. This retrospective exhibition on display October 31, 2014 through February 15, 2015 will bring together the first comprehensive presentation of Mark Mothersbaugh's art and music to date.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century at the Denver Art Museum. This worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum November 16, 2014 - March 15, 2015 will include an assortment of jewelry, timepieces and precious objects from the Cartier collection.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's Winter on the Mountain. Located on top of Iron Mountain overlooking Glenwood Springs, the park will introduce Winter on the Mountain in November 2014.
- Polar Express at the Colorado Railroad Museum. The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden will offer a theatrical Polar Express Train Ride production starting November 21, 2014.
- Mountain High Music Festival. The newly expanded Mountain High Music Festival will present an eclectic mix of mile-high musical performances January 15-18, 2015 in Crested Butte.
- 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. Taking place February 2-15, 2015, this prestigious event in Vail and Beaver Creek represents the largest and most impressive collection of ski racing talent in the world, second only to the Olympics.
- Telluride Develops Winter Music Scene. The new Winter Series courts large acts to play at the 950-person Telluride Conference Center throughout ski and snowboard season.
New Food and Beverage Offerings:
- 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company. This new Vail distillery crafts spirits from locally sourced ingredients.
- Blackbelly Market. Season Five Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg will open his much-anticipated restaurant/market/butcher shop in Boulder this fall.
- David Burke Kitchen. Utilizing Colorado-based ingredients, the restaurant will open in the heart of historic downtown Aspen.
- FoCo Cafe. Opening this fall in Fort Collins, the new restaurant's mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay.
- Leopold Bros. This award-winning craft spirits purveyor will open a new expanded distillery in northeast Denver late this fall.
- Lunch Rock Restaurant. Winter Park Resort will add the new Lunch Rock Restaurant atop the Mary Jane Territory to be completed by Christmas 2014.
- Peak 9 Restaurant Renovation. Breckenridge Ski Resort will unveil the interior remodel of the existing Peak 9 restaurant.
- Thunderhead Lodge. Thunderhead Lodge at the top of the Gondola on Steamboat Ski Resort received a dramatic makeover this summer.
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,908
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 700
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,481
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 731
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,646
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,412
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 837
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 673
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,950
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,119
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 687
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 847
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 883
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,021