|By Marketwired .||
|September 4, 2014 12:37 PM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/04/14 -- From major anniversaries including Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th to museum exhibits such as the world-wide exclusive of Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, and the restoration of historic landmarks with the opening of the much-anticipated Union Station in Denver, Colorado is the place to be this fall and winter for all things innovative and fun. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
New Attractions and Activities:
- Rocky Mountain National Park 100th Anniversary Celebration. From September 3, 2014, through September 4, 2015, Rocky Mountain National Park, along with local and national communities, will be celebrating the park's 100th anniversary.
- Denver's Union Station. Officially opened on July 26, 2014, Denver's Union Station includes 13 new restaurant and retail outlets and the luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Reopening. The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park re-opened its gate to the public Labor Day weekend 2014, to showcase the completion of a brand new 14,500-foot Visitor Center and to allow visitors to walk or drive across one of the world's highest suspension bridges.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort's Skijoring Lessons. Starting January 2015, St. Regis Aspen Resort invites guests to em"bark" on the sport of skijoring with private lessons in Aspen.
- Winter Fat Bike Tours with Breck Bike Guides. Huge, low-pressure tires make these specialty bikes perfect for riding all winter long. Join the staff at Breck Bike Guides for a snowy cruise from their downtown shop.
- Arapahoe Basin Kids Center. The three-story, $2.3 million building will house snow sports check-in and dining areas, kids rentals and a new first aid room.
- Carbondale Bike Park. Set to open in September 2014, the $95,000 park will include a mountain bike skills "flow line", a large pump track and dirt jumps.
- Crested Butte's Ski Bike Rentals. This year, guests can rent one of ten new ski bikes in Crested Butte Mountain Resort's rental fleet.
- Children's Center at Buttermilk. Aspen/Snowmass is excited to unveil The Hideout, a new $10 million children's center at the base of Buttermilk Mountain with improved access for drop off, direct access to the mountain and an adventurous and interactive design.
- Telluride's Ski and Yoga Camp. This new program combines daily yoga exercise with ski instruction.
- Renovation of Grand Junction's Historic Avalon Theatre. The $9 million renovation of the 90-year-old theatre is scheduled to be complete in September 2014.
- Colorado Roots Guide. Roll up your sleeves and enrich your travels with something uniquely Colorado with help from this new digital agritourism travel guide.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter Release. The fourth United States Mint quarter release in 2014 is the Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter.
New Lodging Offerings:
- The Art Hotel. A new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver is expected to open in late 2014, showcasing a lobby with modern art and guest rooms with vibrant art and wall coverings.
- The Broadmoor's Cloud Camp. The property is a wilderness retreat on Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain that opened in August 2014.
- Crawford Hotel in Denver's Union Station. The luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel opened its doors in Denver's Union Station in July 2014.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa's High Lonesome Lodge & Barn. The new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
- The Hyatt Place Boulder. Scheduled to open in early 2015, the property is located in the city-center of Boulder.
- The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge Remodel. Work began this past spring on full room remodels and the addition of The Traverse Restaurant.
- The Lodge at Vail Renovations. 56 hotel rooms will be completely renovated to debut for the 2014-2015 winter season.
- Marble Distilling Company Craft Distillery and Inn. Marble Distilling Company in Carbondale is building a family-owned and operated craft distillery, tasting room and luxury boutique Inn.
- Hotel Teatro Renovations and New Restaurant. In August 2014, Denver's iconic hotel unveiled a new, locally-inspired restaurant, The Nickel; The Barrel Bar, featuring a barrel-aged cocktail program; and a new lobby and study.
- Vasquez Creek Inn. This new inn is within walking distance to Winter Park shops.
- Westin Hotel and Public Transit Center at Denver International Airport. In spring 2015, a new 500-room Westin Hotel will open its doors at Denver International Airport as part of the South Terminal Redevelopment project.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits:
- Mark Mothersbaugh: Myopia at Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. This retrospective exhibition on display October 31, 2014 through February 15, 2015 will bring together the first comprehensive presentation of Mark Mothersbaugh's art and music to date.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century at the Denver Art Museum. This worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum November 16, 2014 - March 15, 2015 will include an assortment of jewelry, timepieces and precious objects from the Cartier collection.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's Winter on the Mountain. Located on top of Iron Mountain overlooking Glenwood Springs, the park will introduce Winter on the Mountain in November 2014.
- Polar Express at the Colorado Railroad Museum. The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden will offer a theatrical Polar Express Train Ride production starting November 21, 2014.
- Mountain High Music Festival. The newly expanded Mountain High Music Festival will present an eclectic mix of mile-high musical performances January 15-18, 2015 in Crested Butte.
- 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. Taking place February 2-15, 2015, this prestigious event in Vail and Beaver Creek represents the largest and most impressive collection of ski racing talent in the world, second only to the Olympics.
- Telluride Develops Winter Music Scene. The new Winter Series courts large acts to play at the 950-person Telluride Conference Center throughout ski and snowboard season.
New Food and Beverage Offerings:
- 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company. This new Vail distillery crafts spirits from locally sourced ingredients.
- Blackbelly Market. Season Five Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg will open his much-anticipated restaurant/market/butcher shop in Boulder this fall.
- David Burke Kitchen. Utilizing Colorado-based ingredients, the restaurant will open in the heart of historic downtown Aspen.
- FoCo Cafe. Opening this fall in Fort Collins, the new restaurant's mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay.
- Leopold Bros. This award-winning craft spirits purveyor will open a new expanded distillery in northeast Denver late this fall.
- Lunch Rock Restaurant. Winter Park Resort will add the new Lunch Rock Restaurant atop the Mary Jane Territory to be completed by Christmas 2014.
- Peak 9 Restaurant Renovation. Breckenridge Ski Resort will unveil the interior remodel of the existing Peak 9 restaurant.
- Thunderhead Lodge. Thunderhead Lodge at the top of the Gondola on Steamboat Ski Resort received a dramatic makeover this summer.
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 384
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 132
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 402
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 428
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 452
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 233
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 230
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 266