|By Marketwired .||
|September 4, 2014 12:37 PM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/04/14 -- From major anniversaries including Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th to museum exhibits such as the world-wide exclusive of Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, and the restoration of historic landmarks with the opening of the much-anticipated Union Station in Denver, Colorado is the place to be this fall and winter for all things innovative and fun. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
New Attractions and Activities:
- Rocky Mountain National Park 100th Anniversary Celebration. From September 3, 2014, through September 4, 2015, Rocky Mountain National Park, along with local and national communities, will be celebrating the park's 100th anniversary.
- Denver's Union Station. Officially opened on July 26, 2014, Denver's Union Station includes 13 new restaurant and retail outlets and the luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Reopening. The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park re-opened its gate to the public Labor Day weekend 2014, to showcase the completion of a brand new 14,500-foot Visitor Center and to allow visitors to walk or drive across one of the world's highest suspension bridges.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort's Skijoring Lessons. Starting January 2015, St. Regis Aspen Resort invites guests to em"bark" on the sport of skijoring with private lessons in Aspen.
- Winter Fat Bike Tours with Breck Bike Guides. Huge, low-pressure tires make these specialty bikes perfect for riding all winter long. Join the staff at Breck Bike Guides for a snowy cruise from their downtown shop.
- Arapahoe Basin Kids Center. The three-story, $2.3 million building will house snow sports check-in and dining areas, kids rentals and a new first aid room.
- Carbondale Bike Park. Set to open in September 2014, the $95,000 park will include a mountain bike skills "flow line", a large pump track and dirt jumps.
- Crested Butte's Ski Bike Rentals. This year, guests can rent one of ten new ski bikes in Crested Butte Mountain Resort's rental fleet.
- Children's Center at Buttermilk. Aspen/Snowmass is excited to unveil The Hideout, a new $10 million children's center at the base of Buttermilk Mountain with improved access for drop off, direct access to the mountain and an adventurous and interactive design.
- Telluride's Ski and Yoga Camp. This new program combines daily yoga exercise with ski instruction.
- Renovation of Grand Junction's Historic Avalon Theatre. The $9 million renovation of the 90-year-old theatre is scheduled to be complete in September 2014.
- Colorado Roots Guide. Roll up your sleeves and enrich your travels with something uniquely Colorado with help from this new digital agritourism travel guide.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter Release. The fourth United States Mint quarter release in 2014 is the Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter.
New Lodging Offerings:
- The Art Hotel. A new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver is expected to open in late 2014, showcasing a lobby with modern art and guest rooms with vibrant art and wall coverings.
- The Broadmoor's Cloud Camp. The property is a wilderness retreat on Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain that opened in August 2014.
- Crawford Hotel in Denver's Union Station. The luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel opened its doors in Denver's Union Station in July 2014.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa's High Lonesome Lodge & Barn. The new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
- The Hyatt Place Boulder. Scheduled to open in early 2015, the property is located in the city-center of Boulder.
- The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge Remodel. Work began this past spring on full room remodels and the addition of The Traverse Restaurant.
- The Lodge at Vail Renovations. 56 hotel rooms will be completely renovated to debut for the 2014-2015 winter season.
- Marble Distilling Company Craft Distillery and Inn. Marble Distilling Company in Carbondale is building a family-owned and operated craft distillery, tasting room and luxury boutique Inn.
- Hotel Teatro Renovations and New Restaurant. In August 2014, Denver's iconic hotel unveiled a new, locally-inspired restaurant, The Nickel; The Barrel Bar, featuring a barrel-aged cocktail program; and a new lobby and study.
- Vasquez Creek Inn. This new inn is within walking distance to Winter Park shops.
- Westin Hotel and Public Transit Center at Denver International Airport. In spring 2015, a new 500-room Westin Hotel will open its doors at Denver International Airport as part of the South Terminal Redevelopment project.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits:
- Mark Mothersbaugh: Myopia at Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. This retrospective exhibition on display October 31, 2014 through February 15, 2015 will bring together the first comprehensive presentation of Mark Mothersbaugh's art and music to date.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century at the Denver Art Museum. This worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum November 16, 2014 - March 15, 2015 will include an assortment of jewelry, timepieces and precious objects from the Cartier collection.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's Winter on the Mountain. Located on top of Iron Mountain overlooking Glenwood Springs, the park will introduce Winter on the Mountain in November 2014.
- Polar Express at the Colorado Railroad Museum. The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden will offer a theatrical Polar Express Train Ride production starting November 21, 2014.
- Mountain High Music Festival. The newly expanded Mountain High Music Festival will present an eclectic mix of mile-high musical performances January 15-18, 2015 in Crested Butte.
- 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. Taking place February 2-15, 2015, this prestigious event in Vail and Beaver Creek represents the largest and most impressive collection of ski racing talent in the world, second only to the Olympics.
- Telluride Develops Winter Music Scene. The new Winter Series courts large acts to play at the 950-person Telluride Conference Center throughout ski and snowboard season.
New Food and Beverage Offerings:
- 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company. This new Vail distillery crafts spirits from locally sourced ingredients.
- Blackbelly Market. Season Five Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg will open his much-anticipated restaurant/market/butcher shop in Boulder this fall.
- David Burke Kitchen. Utilizing Colorado-based ingredients, the restaurant will open in the heart of historic downtown Aspen.
- FoCo Cafe. Opening this fall in Fort Collins, the new restaurant's mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay.
- Leopold Bros. This award-winning craft spirits purveyor will open a new expanded distillery in northeast Denver late this fall.
- Lunch Rock Restaurant. Winter Park Resort will add the new Lunch Rock Restaurant atop the Mary Jane Territory to be completed by Christmas 2014.
- Peak 9 Restaurant Renovation. Breckenridge Ski Resort will unveil the interior remodel of the existing Peak 9 restaurant.
- Thunderhead Lodge. Thunderhead Lodge at the top of the Gondola on Steamboat Ski Resort received a dramatic makeover this summer.
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 500
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:00 AM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:00 AM EDT
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 493
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,583
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 521
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:30 AM EDT
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 731
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,685
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,642
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 641
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 235
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,617
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 311