|By Marketwired .||
|September 4, 2014 12:37 PM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/04/14 -- From major anniversaries including Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th to museum exhibits such as the world-wide exclusive of Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, and the restoration of historic landmarks with the opening of the much-anticipated Union Station in Denver, Colorado is the place to be this fall and winter for all things innovative and fun. For more information, visit www.COLORADO.com.
New Attractions and Activities:
- Rocky Mountain National Park 100th Anniversary Celebration. From September 3, 2014, through September 4, 2015, Rocky Mountain National Park, along with local and national communities, will be celebrating the park's 100th anniversary.
- Denver's Union Station. Officially opened on July 26, 2014, Denver's Union Station includes 13 new restaurant and retail outlets and the luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Reopening. The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park re-opened its gate to the public Labor Day weekend 2014, to showcase the completion of a brand new 14,500-foot Visitor Center and to allow visitors to walk or drive across one of the world's highest suspension bridges.
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort's Skijoring Lessons. Starting January 2015, St. Regis Aspen Resort invites guests to em"bark" on the sport of skijoring with private lessons in Aspen.
- Winter Fat Bike Tours with Breck Bike Guides. Huge, low-pressure tires make these specialty bikes perfect for riding all winter long. Join the staff at Breck Bike Guides for a snowy cruise from their downtown shop.
- Arapahoe Basin Kids Center. The three-story, $2.3 million building will house snow sports check-in and dining areas, kids rentals and a new first aid room.
- Carbondale Bike Park. Set to open in September 2014, the $95,000 park will include a mountain bike skills "flow line", a large pump track and dirt jumps.
- Crested Butte's Ski Bike Rentals. This year, guests can rent one of ten new ski bikes in Crested Butte Mountain Resort's rental fleet.
- Children's Center at Buttermilk. Aspen/Snowmass is excited to unveil The Hideout, a new $10 million children's center at the base of Buttermilk Mountain with improved access for drop off, direct access to the mountain and an adventurous and interactive design.
- Telluride's Ski and Yoga Camp. This new program combines daily yoga exercise with ski instruction.
- Renovation of Grand Junction's Historic Avalon Theatre. The $9 million renovation of the 90-year-old theatre is scheduled to be complete in September 2014.
- Colorado Roots Guide. Roll up your sleeves and enrich your travels with something uniquely Colorado with help from this new digital agritourism travel guide.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter Release. The fourth United States Mint quarter release in 2014 is the Great Sand Dunes National Park Quarter.
New Lodging Offerings:
- The Art Hotel. A new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver is expected to open in late 2014, showcasing a lobby with modern art and guest rooms with vibrant art and wall coverings.
- The Broadmoor's Cloud Camp. The property is a wilderness retreat on Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain that opened in August 2014.
- Crawford Hotel in Denver's Union Station. The luxurious new 112-room Crawford Hotel opened its doors in Denver's Union Station in July 2014.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa's High Lonesome Lodge & Barn. The new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
- The Hyatt Place Boulder. Scheduled to open in early 2015, the property is located in the city-center of Boulder.
- The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge Remodel. Work began this past spring on full room remodels and the addition of The Traverse Restaurant.
- The Lodge at Vail Renovations. 56 hotel rooms will be completely renovated to debut for the 2014-2015 winter season.
- Marble Distilling Company Craft Distillery and Inn. Marble Distilling Company in Carbondale is building a family-owned and operated craft distillery, tasting room and luxury boutique Inn.
- Hotel Teatro Renovations and New Restaurant. In August 2014, Denver's iconic hotel unveiled a new, locally-inspired restaurant, The Nickel; The Barrel Bar, featuring a barrel-aged cocktail program; and a new lobby and study.
- Vasquez Creek Inn. This new inn is within walking distance to Winter Park shops.
- Westin Hotel and Public Transit Center at Denver International Airport. In spring 2015, a new 500-room Westin Hotel will open its doors at Denver International Airport as part of the South Terminal Redevelopment project.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits:
- Mark Mothersbaugh: Myopia at Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. This retrospective exhibition on display October 31, 2014 through February 15, 2015 will bring together the first comprehensive presentation of Mark Mothersbaugh's art and music to date.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century at the Denver Art Museum. This worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum November 16, 2014 - March 15, 2015 will include an assortment of jewelry, timepieces and precious objects from the Cartier collection.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's Winter on the Mountain. Located on top of Iron Mountain overlooking Glenwood Springs, the park will introduce Winter on the Mountain in November 2014.
- Polar Express at the Colorado Railroad Museum. The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden will offer a theatrical Polar Express Train Ride production starting November 21, 2014.
- Mountain High Music Festival. The newly expanded Mountain High Music Festival will present an eclectic mix of mile-high musical performances January 15-18, 2015 in Crested Butte.
- 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. Taking place February 2-15, 2015, this prestigious event in Vail and Beaver Creek represents the largest and most impressive collection of ski racing talent in the world, second only to the Olympics.
- Telluride Develops Winter Music Scene. The new Winter Series courts large acts to play at the 950-person Telluride Conference Center throughout ski and snowboard season.
New Food and Beverage Offerings:
- 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company. This new Vail distillery crafts spirits from locally sourced ingredients.
- Blackbelly Market. Season Five Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg will open his much-anticipated restaurant/market/butcher shop in Boulder this fall.
- David Burke Kitchen. Utilizing Colorado-based ingredients, the restaurant will open in the heart of historic downtown Aspen.
- FoCo Cafe. Opening this fall in Fort Collins, the new restaurant's mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay.
- Leopold Bros. This award-winning craft spirits purveyor will open a new expanded distillery in northeast Denver late this fall.
- Lunch Rock Restaurant. Winter Park Resort will add the new Lunch Rock Restaurant atop the Mary Jane Territory to be completed by Christmas 2014.
- Peak 9 Restaurant Renovation. Breckenridge Ski Resort will unveil the interior remodel of the existing Peak 9 restaurant.
- Thunderhead Lodge. Thunderhead Lodge at the top of the Gondola on Steamboat Ski Resort received a dramatic makeover this summer.
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,230
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 26, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,025
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,094
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,569
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,511
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,786
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, explored HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,527
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 932
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,733
SYS-CON Events announced today that Conference Guru has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. A valuable conference experience generates new contacts, sales leads, potential strategic partners and potential investors; helps gather competitive intelligence and even provides inspiration for new products and services. Conference Guru works with conference organizers to pass great dea...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,355
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,375
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,819
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,496
SYS-CON Events announced today that Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,112
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,553