|By PR Newswire||
|September 5, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
ANDOVER, Mass. and MUNICH, Sept. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips Respironics, a division of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), will showcase its innovative range of sleep and respiratory disease management solutions at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress in Munich from 6 – 10 September, 2014.
At the ERS International Congress, Philips will exhibit sleep and respiratory innovations that span the continuum of care, helping healthcare professionals diagnose, titrate, treat and manage these disorders. The company's range of connected products and services, which demonstrate Philips' commitment to disease management throughout the entire care pathway, will be on display for physicians to experience firsthand.
"It is becoming increasingly important for healthcare professionals to have access to comprehensive solutions that enable them to monitor patient progress across the entire continuum of care," said Teofilo Lee-Chiong, M.D., Chief Medical Liaison, Philips Healthcare. "Philips understands the complex needs of both patients with sleep and breathing issues and their care providers."
Sleep-disordered breathing innovations across the continuum of care
"In a changing healthcare environment, physicians are finding it increasingly challenging to efficiently and cost-effectively diagnose and manage patients with complex sleep conditions," said Yann Goiot, Vice President Market Group Leader HHS, Healthcare EMEA. "With a complete, connected suite of sleep diagnostic and therapy products, Philips is serving the needs of healthcare professionals with efficient end-to-end innovations that identify, treat and manage sleep-disordered breathing while increasing compliance and adherence to therapy."
- The new Alice NightOne home sleep testing system features an intuitive design and easy-to use "smart guide" that enables patients to confidently set up the device on their own. The data display provides physicians with reliable information to differentiate between obstructive, central and positional sleep apnea.
- Actiwatch Solutions help physicians gain insight into real-world sleep/wake and daytime activity. Philips' actigraphy devices collect data for a variety of applications in sleep medicine, circadian rhythm disorder, and daytime activity research.
- OmniLab Advanced+multi mode titration system is a full-featured, enhanced, robust titration system that reliably monitors sleep and incorporates nine therapy modes, the most of any titration system on the market.
- Philips therapy devices and new positive airway pressure (PAP) masks are designed to improve treatment efficacy, as well as patient comfort and satisfaction, which can bolster patient compliance. Part of a range of therapy options for treating obstructive sleep apneas (OSA) and more complex breathing disorders, Philips BiPAP AutoSV Advanced System One device efficiently treats patients suffering from Mixed Apnea, CompSAS or Central Sleep Apnea with/without Periodic Breathing, such as Cheyne-Stokes Respiraton.
- EncoreAnywhere, a web-based patient management system, makes treating patients with sleep-disordered breathing and respiratory insufficiency easier and more efficient by providing physicians and homecare providers with access to the latest patient information anytime, anywhere.
Mask options that promote quick acceptance and long-term use
Philips approaches innovation with an intimate understanding of the needs of those using our devices. Philips' new PAP mask line includes a nasal mask, full-face mask, and minimal-contact mask, which provides options to suit a patient's individual needs, leading to greater adoption of therapy and better long-term adherence.
- Nuance and Nuance Pro deliver better performance, with a superior seal and less nasal irritation than the leading pillows mask.* With their sleek design, the Nuance masks have been rated by patients as easier to assemble and use than the leading pillows mask.* The two Nuance options offer patients their choice of frame: an all-fabric frame and headgear that ensures comfort with fewer red marks, or a gel-padded frame and nonslip headgear.
- Amara silicone and gel masks patients can choose the type of comfort they prefer in their cushion. Both Amara clear silicone and gel masks are smaller and lighter than the leading full face mask, and have 60% fewer parts.* The new soft gel cushion conforms to the contours of the face, providing an exceptional seal and comfort.
- Wisp combines the performance and comfort of a nasal mask with the aesthetics of a pillows mask. Compact and lightweight, Wisp offers a minimal contact experience, a superior seal and an open field of vision.
Insights for better COPD care
Throughout the show, Philips will highlight key respiratory drug delivery, oxygen therapy and home ventilation innovations that are improving the management of chronic respiratory diseases. To better understand physician needs in this area, Philips will also conduct a COPD exacerbation prevention survey with willing physicians who visit the Philips booth.
Clinical updates from leaders in sleep and respiratory care
Philips will present a number of clinical updates and case studies during the show as well as video diaries that tell the stories of patients and physicians, highlighting Philips' vision for the future of healthcare.
Philips will conduct two educational workshops at ERS:
1) Monitoring Patients during Non-Invasive Ventilation Therapy (13h15 – 14h30, 8th September, M-1 Hall B0)
2) Advanced Technologies for the Treatment of the Complicated Sleep Disorder Patient (13h15 – 14h30, 10th September, M-1 Hall B0).
Visit Philips Respironics at B1_M02 at the 2014 European Respiratory Society International Congress, 6 to 10 September 2014, at Munich's ICM – Messe Munchen. For more information, visit www.philips.com/ers2014 and follow @PhilipsResp and the Philips Respironics Facebook page for updates from the show.
*preference data on file
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 113,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Philips Respironics
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,629
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,103
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 553
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,722
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,226
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,584
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,568
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,182
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,343
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,643
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,830
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 20, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 747
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,084
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,699
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 5,509