|By PR Newswire||
|September 5, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
ANDOVER, Mass. and MUNICH, Sept. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips Respironics, a division of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), will showcase its innovative range of sleep and respiratory disease management solutions at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress in Munich from 6 – 10 September, 2014.
At the ERS International Congress, Philips will exhibit sleep and respiratory innovations that span the continuum of care, helping healthcare professionals diagnose, titrate, treat and manage these disorders. The company's range of connected products and services, which demonstrate Philips' commitment to disease management throughout the entire care pathway, will be on display for physicians to experience firsthand.
"It is becoming increasingly important for healthcare professionals to have access to comprehensive solutions that enable them to monitor patient progress across the entire continuum of care," said Teofilo Lee-Chiong, M.D., Chief Medical Liaison, Philips Healthcare. "Philips understands the complex needs of both patients with sleep and breathing issues and their care providers."
Sleep-disordered breathing innovations across the continuum of care
"In a changing healthcare environment, physicians are finding it increasingly challenging to efficiently and cost-effectively diagnose and manage patients with complex sleep conditions," said Yann Goiot, Vice President Market Group Leader HHS, Healthcare EMEA. "With a complete, connected suite of sleep diagnostic and therapy products, Philips is serving the needs of healthcare professionals with efficient end-to-end innovations that identify, treat and manage sleep-disordered breathing while increasing compliance and adherence to therapy."
- The new Alice NightOne home sleep testing system features an intuitive design and easy-to use "smart guide" that enables patients to confidently set up the device on their own. The data display provides physicians with reliable information to differentiate between obstructive, central and positional sleep apnea.
- Actiwatch Solutions help physicians gain insight into real-world sleep/wake and daytime activity. Philips' actigraphy devices collect data for a variety of applications in sleep medicine, circadian rhythm disorder, and daytime activity research.
- OmniLab Advanced+multi mode titration system is a full-featured, enhanced, robust titration system that reliably monitors sleep and incorporates nine therapy modes, the most of any titration system on the market.
- Philips therapy devices and new positive airway pressure (PAP) masks are designed to improve treatment efficacy, as well as patient comfort and satisfaction, which can bolster patient compliance. Part of a range of therapy options for treating obstructive sleep apneas (OSA) and more complex breathing disorders, Philips BiPAP AutoSV Advanced System One device efficiently treats patients suffering from Mixed Apnea, CompSAS or Central Sleep Apnea with/without Periodic Breathing, such as Cheyne-Stokes Respiraton.
- EncoreAnywhere, a web-based patient management system, makes treating patients with sleep-disordered breathing and respiratory insufficiency easier and more efficient by providing physicians and homecare providers with access to the latest patient information anytime, anywhere.
Mask options that promote quick acceptance and long-term use
Philips approaches innovation with an intimate understanding of the needs of those using our devices. Philips' new PAP mask line includes a nasal mask, full-face mask, and minimal-contact mask, which provides options to suit a patient's individual needs, leading to greater adoption of therapy and better long-term adherence.
- Nuance and Nuance Pro deliver better performance, with a superior seal and less nasal irritation than the leading pillows mask.* With their sleek design, the Nuance masks have been rated by patients as easier to assemble and use than the leading pillows mask.* The two Nuance options offer patients their choice of frame: an all-fabric frame and headgear that ensures comfort with fewer red marks, or a gel-padded frame and nonslip headgear.
- Amara silicone and gel masks patients can choose the type of comfort they prefer in their cushion. Both Amara clear silicone and gel masks are smaller and lighter than the leading full face mask, and have 60% fewer parts.* The new soft gel cushion conforms to the contours of the face, providing an exceptional seal and comfort.
- Wisp combines the performance and comfort of a nasal mask with the aesthetics of a pillows mask. Compact and lightweight, Wisp offers a minimal contact experience, a superior seal and an open field of vision.
Insights for better COPD care
Throughout the show, Philips will highlight key respiratory drug delivery, oxygen therapy and home ventilation innovations that are improving the management of chronic respiratory diseases. To better understand physician needs in this area, Philips will also conduct a COPD exacerbation prevention survey with willing physicians who visit the Philips booth.
Clinical updates from leaders in sleep and respiratory care
Philips will present a number of clinical updates and case studies during the show as well as video diaries that tell the stories of patients and physicians, highlighting Philips' vision for the future of healthcare.
Philips will conduct two educational workshops at ERS:
1) Monitoring Patients during Non-Invasive Ventilation Therapy (13h15 – 14h30, 8th September, M-1 Hall B0)
2) Advanced Technologies for the Treatment of the Complicated Sleep Disorder Patient (13h15 – 14h30, 10th September, M-1 Hall B0).
Visit Philips Respironics at B1_M02 at the 2014 European Respiratory Society International Congress, 6 to 10 September 2014, at Munich's ICM – Messe Munchen. For more information, visit www.philips.com/ers2014 and follow @PhilipsResp and the Philips Respironics Facebook page for updates from the show.
*preference data on file
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 113,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Philips Respironics
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,239
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,266
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,464
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,334
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,506
Sep. 30, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,128
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,260
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,736
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,281
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,847
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,884
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 673
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,719
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,411