|By PR Newswire||
|September 5, 2014 03:00 AM EDT||
ANDOVER, Mass. and MUNICH, Sept. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips Respironics, a division of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), will showcase its innovative range of sleep and respiratory disease management solutions at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress in Munich from 6 – 10 September, 2014.
At the ERS International Congress, Philips will exhibit sleep and respiratory innovations that span the continuum of care, helping healthcare professionals diagnose, titrate, treat and manage these disorders. The company's range of connected products and services, which demonstrate Philips' commitment to disease management throughout the entire care pathway, will be on display for physicians to experience firsthand.
"It is becoming increasingly important for healthcare professionals to have access to comprehensive solutions that enable them to monitor patient progress across the entire continuum of care," said Teofilo Lee-Chiong, M.D., Chief Medical Liaison, Philips Healthcare. "Philips understands the complex needs of both patients with sleep and breathing issues and their care providers."
Sleep-disordered breathing innovations across the continuum of care
"In a changing healthcare environment, physicians are finding it increasingly challenging to efficiently and cost-effectively diagnose and manage patients with complex sleep conditions," said Yann Goiot, Vice President Market Group Leader HHS, Healthcare EMEA. "With a complete, connected suite of sleep diagnostic and therapy products, Philips is serving the needs of healthcare professionals with efficient end-to-end innovations that identify, treat and manage sleep-disordered breathing while increasing compliance and adherence to therapy."
- The new Alice NightOne home sleep testing system features an intuitive design and easy-to use "smart guide" that enables patients to confidently set up the device on their own. The data display provides physicians with reliable information to differentiate between obstructive, central and positional sleep apnea.
- Actiwatch Solutions help physicians gain insight into real-world sleep/wake and daytime activity. Philips' actigraphy devices collect data for a variety of applications in sleep medicine, circadian rhythm disorder, and daytime activity research.
- OmniLab Advanced+multi mode titration system is a full-featured, enhanced, robust titration system that reliably monitors sleep and incorporates nine therapy modes, the most of any titration system on the market.
- Philips therapy devices and new positive airway pressure (PAP) masks are designed to improve treatment efficacy, as well as patient comfort and satisfaction, which can bolster patient compliance. Part of a range of therapy options for treating obstructive sleep apneas (OSA) and more complex breathing disorders, Philips BiPAP AutoSV Advanced System One device efficiently treats patients suffering from Mixed Apnea, CompSAS or Central Sleep Apnea with/without Periodic Breathing, such as Cheyne-Stokes Respiraton.
- EncoreAnywhere, a web-based patient management system, makes treating patients with sleep-disordered breathing and respiratory insufficiency easier and more efficient by providing physicians and homecare providers with access to the latest patient information anytime, anywhere.
Mask options that promote quick acceptance and long-term use
Philips approaches innovation with an intimate understanding of the needs of those using our devices. Philips' new PAP mask line includes a nasal mask, full-face mask, and minimal-contact mask, which provides options to suit a patient's individual needs, leading to greater adoption of therapy and better long-term adherence.
- Nuance and Nuance Pro deliver better performance, with a superior seal and less nasal irritation than the leading pillows mask.* With their sleek design, the Nuance masks have been rated by patients as easier to assemble and use than the leading pillows mask.* The two Nuance options offer patients their choice of frame: an all-fabric frame and headgear that ensures comfort with fewer red marks, or a gel-padded frame and nonslip headgear.
- Amara silicone and gel masks patients can choose the type of comfort they prefer in their cushion. Both Amara clear silicone and gel masks are smaller and lighter than the leading full face mask, and have 60% fewer parts.* The new soft gel cushion conforms to the contours of the face, providing an exceptional seal and comfort.
- Wisp combines the performance and comfort of a nasal mask with the aesthetics of a pillows mask. Compact and lightweight, Wisp offers a minimal contact experience, a superior seal and an open field of vision.
Insights for better COPD care
Throughout the show, Philips will highlight key respiratory drug delivery, oxygen therapy and home ventilation innovations that are improving the management of chronic respiratory diseases. To better understand physician needs in this area, Philips will also conduct a COPD exacerbation prevention survey with willing physicians who visit the Philips booth.
Clinical updates from leaders in sleep and respiratory care
Philips will present a number of clinical updates and case studies during the show as well as video diaries that tell the stories of patients and physicians, highlighting Philips' vision for the future of healthcare.
Philips will conduct two educational workshops at ERS:
1) Monitoring Patients during Non-Invasive Ventilation Therapy (13h15 – 14h30, 8th September, M-1 Hall B0)
2) Advanced Technologies for the Treatment of the Complicated Sleep Disorder Patient (13h15 – 14h30, 10th September, M-1 Hall B0).
Visit Philips Respironics at B1_M02 at the 2014 European Respiratory Society International Congress, 6 to 10 September 2014, at Munich's ICM – Messe Munchen. For more information, visit www.philips.com/ers2014 and follow @PhilipsResp and the Philips Respironics Facebook page for updates from the show.
*preference data on file
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 113,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Philips Respironics
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 244
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 694
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 219
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 533
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 3, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 276
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 560
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 208
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 367
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 193
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,138
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 437