|By Business Wire||
|September 5, 2014 07:16 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrxr93/mobile_payments) has announced the addition of the "Mobile Payments: Only If Relevant and Useful" report to their offering.
New Survey Finds 2 In 5 Consumers Are Interested In Wearable Technology, 50% Of Them For Making Payments
This Report from the CustomerMonitor Survey Series reveals that 38% of US adults, especially young adults (62%), are interested in wearable technology devices with a mobile interface that enables various activities, which may include making payments or mobile banking. (These devices typically cost $100 or more.) When asked to rate the importance of 11 features to include on such a device, 50% of respondents interested in wearable technology considered mobile banking and, separately, making payments to be important.
Consumers are expressing growing interest in a wide variety of mobile payments in 2014 as they begin using mobile banking and more retailers provide mobile apps for payments. 'Mobile Payments: Only If Relevant and Useful' reveals mobile payments is of growing interest and use as 43% of US consumers surveyed have tried mobile payments, up from 31% in 2013.
Highlights of this report include:
- Year-over-year trends in smartphone and tablet ownership by screen size
- Year-over-year trends in use and interest in various methods of in-store and online mobile payments and mobile payment acceptance methods
- Demographics of mobile users and mobile payment users and satisfaction with operability of mobile phones
- Challenges to mobile payment adoption, and confidence in security and reliability
- Use of passwords or other types of security codes on smartphones and tablets
- Shifts in use and delivery methods for six types of financial alerts
- Shifts in use and interest in e-couponing, e-receipting, and apps for coupon and receipt storage and management
- Use, interest, format, and importance of features for wearable technology including payments, mobile banking, and money transfers
Key Topics Covered:
- An Evolving Mobile User Landscape
- Mobile Use and Satisfaction
- Mobile Payments: Use, Attitude, and Opportunity
- Conclusions and Strategic Implications
- Appendix: Mobile Payments Module from 2014 Survey Questionnaire
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jrxr93/mobile_payments
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,783
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,554
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,168
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 343
Sep. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,688
Sep. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,989
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 285
Sep. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 391
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,650
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,863
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,394
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,760