|By PR Newswire||
|February 22, 2016 12:50 PM EST|
NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SecurityScorecard, the most accurate benchmark of security risk across the entire business ecosystem, today announced it achieved record growth in 2015—more than 430 percent. The company is receiving tremendous demand for its ability to identify cybersecurity vulnerabilities and is on pace to far exceed that growth rate for 2016.
The SecurityScorecard proprietary SaaS platform helps enterprises gain operational command of the security posture for themselves and across all their partners and vendors. The platform offers a breadth and depth of critical data points not available from any other service provider and in a completely self-service and automated tool.
Only SecurityScorecard discovers and computes security ratings based on end-of-life products, patching cadence, hacker chatter, dorking, social engineering, cubit score™, on top of malware, and other data points to provide the most accurate risk assessment on the market.
The platform also provides continuous, non-intrusive monitoring for any organization including third parties and fourth parties. A broad range of risk categories are observed such as application security, IP reputation, patching cadence, network security and passwords exposed.
Key SecurityScorecard 2015 milestones include:
- A $12.5 million Series A round from Sequoia Capital earlier last year, with Michael Goguen, managing partner of Sequoia joining its Board of Directors.
- More than 110 enterprise customers—over 28 of which are Fortune 500 companies, including Zurich Insurance Company; which partnered with SecurityScorecard to monitor and evaluate third party risk of its vendors. "As we looked to further fortify our defensive layers against threats, it was clear that nobody else had the capabilities of SecurityScorecard's benchmarking and security intelligence service," said Troy Mattern, Zurich's Deputy Head of Cyber Security.
- An increase in employee count by more than 25x with extended sales coverage nationally and expanded operations to Europe.
- Market penetration into the financial and legal services sectors; with more than one-third of its new customers within these vertical industries.
- Expansion into cyber insurance—giving brokers the power to reduce the financial, reputational, and legal impacts of breaches and other security events.
- Release of Instant Security Scorecard, a free summary risk assessment for organizations where you can immediately benchmark your company against others.
- Being first to market to launch Automatic Vendor Discovery module to automatically discover risks associated with fourth party and fifth party risks. "A company's exposure to cyber risk extends to the network vendors they work with," said Brad Gow, Senior Vice President at Endurance. "SecurityScorecard's Automatic Vendor Detection augments their traditional offering by identifying critical third and fourth party network dependencies, giving us additional clarity into the quality of their IT management as well as identifying potential hotspots over our entire cyber portfolio."
- Launch of the Collaborative Security module, which allows customers to engage directly with their third parties via the SecurityScorecard platform.
- SecurityScorecard Labs released numerous studies including "2015 Retail & eCommerce Security Research Report," "Banking Malware Research Report 2015" and "2015 Higher Education Security Report."
- The development of its channel program, which includes more than 30 partners worldwide with the top resellers and technology partners in the world including Optic, GuidePoint, Brinqa, and Venminder.
- The formation of a 12-member executive board comprised of top Chief Information Security Officers from around the world, including Edna Conway, Chief Security Officer, Global Value Chain at Cisco.
- Named a top 16 winner from SINET, the Security Innovation Network. SecurityScorecard was one of the youngest companies on the winning roster.
- Robust API layer with integration into common SIEM and GRC platforms such as Archer.
- Collaboration with ESG on "Vendor and Supplier Security." As analyst Jon Otlsik wrote about SecurityScorecard, "To be truly actionable, enterprises need a multi-dimensional assessment approach across all key security risk factors like SecurityScorecard provides rather than a single-dimensional security rating."
- Named one of the hottest companies to work for in NYC by Symmetry50.
- Expansion into additional verticals including benchmarking and reporting to Board of Directors, M&A & Private Equity, and Legal.
- Demonstrated that a D or F grade in SecurityScorecard IP Reputation category is 3x more likely to result in a breach of a company.
- Expanded the breadth and depth of the executive team with the addition of Paul Poh, CTO (board member of Shared Assessments) and Sean Goldstein, Vice President Marketing (formerly at CA Technologies). Promotion of Bennett Morrison to Vice President of Product.
- Continued innovation in SecurityScorecard R&D Labs. The company sinkholed more than 40 new malware families, including Tinba, Ranybus, Bedep and Alureon. SecurityScorecard also further developed pathing cadence to include end-of-life products used by companies, expanded hacker chatter monitoring capabilities, and established a P2P file sharing user behavior risk factor.
"SecurityScorecard provides the most accurate and comprehensive security ratings for organizations and their third and fourth parties," said Aleksandr Yampolskiy, co-Founder & CEO of SecurityScorecard. "Our mission is to empower companies with accurate security ratings and to enable them to collaborate with one another. We have made great progress this year in seeing SecurityScorecard ratings used by the world's leading organizations to monitor themselves and report to Board of Directors, and to monitor risk of their suppliers and partners. We are seeing great demand in the market for our critical threat indicators not available in alternative solutions including product end of life, patching cadence, and hacker chatter."
SecurityScorecard provides the most accurate benchmark of security risk across the entire business ecosystem. The SaaS platform helps enterprises gain operational command of the security posture for themselves and across all their partners and vendors. It offers a breadth and depth of critical data points not available from any other service provider and in a completely self-service and automated tool. It's based on the ThreatMarket™ data engine which collects over 30 million daily security risk signals from the entire Internet. SecurityScorecard was founded in 2013 by two former Chief Information Security Officers, Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh. It is made up of veteran security researchers, cryptographers, data scientists, and software engineers. The company is privately held with headquarters in New York City. Security Scorecard investors include Sequoia Capital, Evolution Equity Partners, Boldstart Ventures, and others.
For further information, please visit www.securityscorecard.com,
Email [email protected] or call Lauren Epstein, +1 800-682-1707.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/securityscorecard-anticipates-explosive-2016-demand-for-its-security-rating-platform-300223795.html
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,412
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products an...
Feb. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 264
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sudarshan Krishnamurthi, a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, at Cisco Systems, will discuss how IT and operational technology (OT) work together, as opposed to being in separate siloes as once was traditional. Attendees will learn how to fully leverage the power of IoT in their organization by bringing the two sides together and bridging the communication gap. He will also look at what good leadership must entail in order to accomplish this, and how IT managers ca...
Feb. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,755
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,741
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 25, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,485
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 25, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,576
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Feb. 25, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,978
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,732
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,724
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 25, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,299
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,959
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Feb. 25, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,045
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Feb. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,004
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,213
Column Technologies exhibited at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principals and help our customers meet today’s DevOps and Dig...
Feb. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,229