|By Chris Pollach||
|August 31, 2016 09:57 AM EDT|
Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 ...
Scheduled to release on September 9, 2016!
Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 is a major release of the product that adds numerous new features to both the Web and Mobile targets, an expanded software environment compatibility and support for additional PowerBuilder features. The new release also focuses on further improving the user productivity and simplifying deployment.
PowerBuilder Feature Enhancement
- InkPicture control. OpenUserObject function of UserObject.
- Accessing data in JSON format.
- OLEStorage & OLEStream objects (Web target only).
- Installable Web Application. Appeon Web applications can now be installed and run without a Web browser, avoiding cumbersome configuration issues and streamlining access.
- Easy Mobile Deployment. Both AWS & mobile apps can be instantly installed to the mobile device by scanning an application - specific QR code.
- Upgrading for Mobile. The run-time for AWS and standalone mobile apps are now automatically updated as long as users are managed by the Appeon Server.
- Enhanced Data Source Management. More built-in functions are available to better facilitate the management of data sources on the .NET platform, including creating, deleting, and modifying data sources.
- Installation Dependency Checking. The product setup program will automatically check the environment and report any required components that are missing.
Mobile Specific Enhancements
- Print Functions for Android. Print functions like Print, PrintBitMap, Print DataWindow, etc. are now available for your use on Android, in addition to printing on iOS.
- Apache Cordova Plugins. Enrich your mobile apps with the vast library of Apache Cordova Plugins, which are easily accessible via simple PowerScript APIs.
- Enhanced Mobile UX. Additional APIs are provided to give developers more control over the mobile UX, for example, setting the keyboard type in EditMasks and DataWindows.
Software Environment Compatibility
- Microsoft Edge. In addition to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, now your Web apps can be accessed via the new Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10.
- WildFly 10. Appeon Server is now compatible with the new WildFly 10 as well as JBoss EAP 6.0.1/6.4.
- EJB 3.x. Appeon Server is now compatible with EJB 3.x specifications on all certified Java EE application servers.
- PostgreSQL. Your Web and mobile targets can now take advantage of PostgreSQL, which has a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness.
- Expanded Support for IBM DB2. Your Web and mobile targets can now take advantage of IBM DB2 on the .NET platform
Regards ... Chris
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,828
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,147
Mar. 26, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,869
Mar. 26, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 707
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,103
Mar. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,912
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,614
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,554
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,969
Mar. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,757
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,562
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,930
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 507
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle.
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,831