|By Marketwired .||
|September 22, 2016 10:15 AM EDT|
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - September 22, 2016) - HyperGrid, the pioneer in creating and delivering the world's first and only container based, application aware HyperConverged Infrastructure-as-a-Service (HCIaaS) solution today announced that HyperForm, their platform that provides next-generation IT services built on Docker containers, can now support the automated deployment and life-cycle management of applications running on Microsoft Windows Server Containers.
With support for Microsoft Windows Server Containers, the HyperForm platform now provides the following features:
- Automated provisioning of Windows Server 2016 virtual machines (with pre-installed Docker & HyperForm Agent) on any cloud (including Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft Azure). Once the machines are provisioned, users can get access to a wide range of day-2 operations including:
- Stopping or restarting the VM;
- Accessing an in-browser terminal through a secure message queue for command line access;
- Performing historical monitoring analysis based on metrics like CPU, Memory, and Disk Utilization;
- Executing custom plug-ins using PowerShell scripts to make configuration updates or apply patches, and
- Receiving alerts whenever the performance exceeds a pre-defined threshold or is stopped.
- Automated building of Windows Container images for running Windows applications.
- On-the-fly Containerization that allows users to deploy existing .NET applications on official base images like Microsoft/Windows Server Core and Microsoft/Nano Server while taking care of the complex application dependencies, service discovery, application storage automation and the post-provision updates.
- Life-Cycle Management of applications running on Windows Containers with access to monitoring, alerts and notifications, continuous delivery using Jenkins, application backups, scale in/out, in-browser terminal to access the containers, log viewing, and container updates using custom plug-ins written in PowerShell.
"Containers have been the driving force behind efforts to accelerate software development and enable DevOps. With the General Availability of Windows Containers, .NET developers can finally reap the benefits of agility and application portability to speed up application development and deployment," said Amjad Afanah, Vice President of Products, HyperGrid. "We're excited to be delivering on-the-fly containerization and deployment automation for applications on Windows Containers to turbo charge DevOps and accelerate the journey of .NET applications to containers."
To learn more about HyperGrid's HyperForm for Microsoft Windows Server Containers solution, come visit us at booth #2024 at the Microsoft Ignite Show at the Georgia World Congress Center, September 26-30, 2016, Atlanta, GA. You can meet and speak with our container experts, the founders of DCHQ, Amjad Afanah and Intesar Mohammed.
HyperGrid is hosting a DevOps meet-up from 6-8pm on Tuesday evening, September 27
HyperGrid delivers IT at the flip of a switch: A revolutionary new concept HyperConverged Infrastructure, HCI-as-a-Service ("HCIaaS") is the industry's first and only container-based application aware offering that brings the simplicity and ease-of-use of HCI together with a pay-as-you-consume pricing model that scales elastically. HCIaaS delivers "one-click" automated application deployment and management seamlessly across any cloud or container infrastructure. Enterprises can now enjoy all the benefits of the public cloud at better rates without fear of vendor lock-in. HCIaaS solves the key challenges of DevOps for Enterprises -- allowing for both traditional and cloud-native applications to be containerized, managed and deployed with a single tool, dramatically simplifying IT and bridging the needs of both developers and IT operators. HyperGrid solutions unleash innovation for the Digital Enterprise. HyperGrid is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. and its products and services are available through a global network of value-added resellers and partners.
© 2016 HyperGrid. All rights reserved.
Sep. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 490
Sep. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,160
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,588
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,055
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,324
Sep. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,301
Sep. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,933
Sep. 28, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,729
Sep. 28, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,955
Sep. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,065
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 365
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,716
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 355
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,630
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,154