|By Business Wire||
|September 22, 2016 01:07 PM EDT|
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, the nation’s leading trade association representing more than 2,200 consumer technology companies, today announced the election of its 2017 Executive Board and Board of Industry Leaders (BIL).
“Congratulations to these outstanding trailblazers and pioneers of our industry,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Technology Association. “We are humbled to have such a distinguished and visionary group of volunteers help lead our association and our industry as we continue to fight for and promote innovation that helps make our world a better place.”
CTA announced the 24 new members of the association’s BIL and Executive Board on Thursday morning during Innovate! and Celebrate in San Jose, a combined event hosted by CTA and Tech.Co.
David Hagan, Chairman and CEO, Boingo Wireless, was named Chairman of the Board, succeeding Starpower Chairman Daniel Pidgeon who remains a member of CTA’s Executive Board. Mike Fasulo, president and COO, Sony Electronics, Inc. and Randy Fry, president, Fry’s Electronics are newly elected Vice Chairs. New Executive Board members include Dr. Jim Mault, VP and chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life; Mike Dunn, president, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Worldwide; Bridget Karlin, managing director, Intel; Laura Orvidas, vice president, consumer electronics, Amazon; Steve Tiffen, president and CEO, The Tiffen Company; and Fred Towns, president, New Age Electronics.
In addition to Pidgeon, previously elected members who will continue to serve on CTA’s Executive Board include David Inns, CEO, GreatCall, Eliott Peck, SVP imaging technologies and communications group and chairman and CEO, Canon Information Technology, Canon U.S.A. Inc., John Penney, chief strategy officer, Starz; and Pat Lavelle, president and CEO, VOXX International.
CTA’s Gary Shapiro also continues to serve on the association’s Executive Board along with Glenda MacMullin, COO and CFO, CTA, serving as treasurer; and Jacqueline Black, manager, office of the president, serving as newly elected secretary.
CTA’s Executive Board helps shape CTA’s strategic direction on behalf of the industry while providing oversight of the association’s services and programs including CES, the world’s leading innovation event.
CTA also announced the election of its new BIL. The BIL serves CTA and its Executive Board in an advisory role, helping to set public policy positions and priorities for association activities.
Members of CTA’s new BIL include:
Terms through December 31, 2017
- Ron Freeman, Chairman, AAMP Global
- Sean Stapleton, President and CEO, Warrantech
Terms through December 31, 2018
- Henry Chiarelli, Executive VP, Industry Relations, Gibson Brands
- Dave Keller, VP Sales - North America, Vantage Controls (Legrand)
Terms through December 31, 2019
- Ty Ahmad-Taylor, CEO, THX
- Jim Braun, President and CEO, Dual Electronics Corporation
- Deena Ghazarian, Senior Partner, TargetPath
- John Ivey, President and CEO, MiTek Corp. and AtlasIED
- Henry Juszkiewicz, CEO, Gibson Brands
- Omar Khan, President, The Cellular Connection
- Noel Lee, Head Monster, Monster Inc.
- Sally Lange, Vice President – National Retail, Sprint
- Mike Mansuetti, President, Robert Bosch LLC
- Steve McIrvin, CEO, Autel Robotics USA, LLC
- Jay McLellan, Vice President, Energy Management, Controls and Automation, Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- Sally Washlow, President, Cedar Electronics
- Doug Webster, Vice President, Global Marketing and Corporate Communications, Cisco Systems
- Tim Yerdon, Director of Innovation, Visteon Corporation
CTA members who are continuing their service on the BIL in 2017 are as follows:
- Itai Ben-gal, CEO, iRule
- Craig Birmingham, VP & GM CE, Retail, & eCommerce Reseller Channels, Ingram Micro Consumer Electronics
- John Bosch, President and CEO, Grand Destiny
- Jeff Bradley, SVP, Devices, AT&T
- Scott Burnett, Managing Director, Global Consumer Electronics Industry, IBM
- Jim Buzckowski, Henry Ford Technical Fellow & Director, EE Systems, Ford
- Dr. Matthew Diamond, Medical Director, Misfit
- Andy Fathollahi, Founder and CEO, Incipio
- Bob Fields, President, Beacon Technology Group
- Denise Gibson, Co- Founder and Chairman, Ice Mobility
- Joellyn Gray, Director, New Business Development, Fujifilm North America
- Ximena Hartsock, Co-Founder, Phone2Action
- Eric Hsia, Venture Partner/ Senior Adviser, TransLink Capital
- Russ Johnston, EVP, Marketing, Product Planning & Corporate Communications, Pioneer Americas, Pioneer Electronics (USA)
- Mara Lewis, CEO and Co-Founder, Roar
- Michael Moskowitz, President, Panasonic Canada Inc. & Panasonic Consumer Electronic Company (Americas)
- Henry Muyshondt, Executive Director, MOST Cooperation and Senior Manager, Microchip Technology
- Derek Pace, Owner, Certified Sounds
- Carmichael Roberts, Chairman and Co-Founder, MC10
- Paul Sabbah, President, Stamford International
- Jake Sigal, Founder and CEO, Tome
- Joseph Stinziano, Executive Vice President, Consumer Business Division, Samsung Electronics America
- Gary Yacoubian, President and Managing Partner, Specialty Technologies/SVS
(2017 Division Chairs, Law Committee Chair, Investment Committee Chair and Foundation Board Chair)
- Melissa Andresko, Communications Director, Lutron
- Brett Beveridge, President, The Retail Outsource
- John Boris, CMO, Shutterfly
- Lee Cheng, Chief Legal Officer and SVP Corporate Development, Newegg Inc.
- Kristen Cook, EVP/Managing Dir., BDS Marketing
- Foundation Chair – John Godfrey, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Samsung Electronics
- Robert Heiblim, CEO, BlueSalve Consulting and Iterim Management
- Ken Lowe, VP and Co-Founder, VIZIO
- John Shalam, Chairman, Voxx International
- Erich Sullivan, Director of Merchandising Technology Services, Sam's Club
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, is the trade association representing the $287 billion U.S. consumer technology industry. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. The Consumer Technology Association also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
CES Unveiled Prague - Register
October 20, Prague, Czech Republic
CES Unveiled Paris – Register
October 25, Paris, France
CT Hall of Fame Dinner
November 9, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 10, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 3, Las Vegas, NV
CES 2017 – Register
January 5-8, Las Vegas, NV
CES Asia 2017
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,967
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,370
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,669
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,206
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,042
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,791
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,809
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,134
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,219
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,700
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,859
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,585
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,803