|By PR Newswire||
|October 19, 2016 10:00 AM EDT|
NUREMBERG, Germany, Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- For enterprises needing the flexibility of truly "open" open source technology, SUSE® today announced sponsors, keynotes and breakout session details for its upcoming SUSECON 2016 global end-user conference, to be held Nov. 7-11 in Washington, D.C.
SUSECON 2016 will showcase the latest software-defined infrastructure innovations in open source and Linux technologies. Big Data, DevOps, software-defined storage, cloud computing, zero downtime, data center standardization, Docker and containers, and SAP on Linux are among the topics geared to the needs of enterprise customers at SUSECON.
"For our end users, SUSECON is about two things – consuming extremely valuable content and getting face to face with SUSE engineers, executives, partners, other customers and community enthusiasts," said Michael Miller, SUSE president of Strategy, Alliances and Marketing. "We'll talk about transforming IT to increase efficiency, being agile to respond to changing business needs, and keeping mission-critical business systems up and available, among other topics. There is no better place to learn from and associate with knowledgeable peers on such relevant subjects."
Keynote speakers include:
- Katsue Tanaka, Fujitsu senior vice president and head of Platform Software Business Unit
- Scott Farrand, HPE vice president of HPE Servers-Platform Software
- Kathy Bennett, IBM vice president of Global ISV Technical Enablement and Support
- Figen Ülgen, Ph.D., Intel general manager of High Performance Computing Platform Software and Cloud
- Brian Vink Sr., SAP vice president of Data Management Products
- Nils Brauckmann, SUSE CEO
- Michael Miller, SUSE president of Strategy, Alliances and Marketing
- Thomas Di Giacomo, SUSE CTO
The SUSECON 2016 session catalog includes more than 150 hands-on, tutorial, case study, future outlook and business overview sessions that dive deeply into technology and the future of data center innovation. Session highlights include:
- "SUSE Linux Enterprise Technology Roadmap" – Attendees will learn about delivered and planned capabilities and how SUSE Linux Enterprise technologies can help them implement the best solution for a mission-critical data center, UNIX migration and/or virtualized infrastructure up to the cloud.
- "Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) on SUSE OpenStack Cloud" – This session will demonstrate Network Functions Virtualization Infrastructure-as-a-Service (NFVIaaS) as an extended use-case for SUSE Linux Enterprise and SUSE OpenStack Cloud.
- "Transform Your Data Center from Traditional to Software Defined By Doing Storage First" – As today's data center executives are under pressure to move to next-generation technologies, this session will discuss integrating Ceph via SUSE Enterprise Storage into today's data center environment while enabling migration to a software-defined data center of the future.
- "SUSE Manager 3 & SaltStack at Tyson Foods" – Tyson Foods was an early participant in the SUSE Manager 3 beta program, diving head-first into the new SaltStack tools for systems management as they went through a large-scale platform migration for some of their mission-critical systems.
SUSECON 2016 sponsors include Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel and SAP as cornerstone sponsors, with platinum sponsors ARM, Cisco and Lenovo. Gold sponsors include DataVard, Micro Focus, Microsoft Azure, NetApp and Wipro. For more information about SUSECON, visit www.susecon.com.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed – today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
Copyright 2016 SUSE LLC. All rights reserved. SUSE and the SUSE logo are registered trademarks of SUSE LLC in the United States and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/suse-to-highlight-open-source-software-defined-infrastructure-innovations-at-susecon-2016-in-washington-dc-300347530.html
Oct. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 876
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,699
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,241
Oct. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,099
Oct. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,111
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,537
Oct. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 294
Oct. 25, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,026
Oct. 25, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 357
Oct. 25, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,243
Oct. 25, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,440
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 387
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,142
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,708