|By Business Wire||
|November 30, 2016 09:04 AM EST|
Fidelis Cybersecurity™, the leading provider of solutions for detecting and stopping advanced cyberattacks, announces new time-saving features, enhancements and usability improvements to its Fidelis Endpoint™ product. Fidelis Endpoint 6.1 shortens the time to investigate and resolve security incidents and provides real-time insights into attackers when they infiltrate your endpoints and hide in your environment.
“The attacks are happening on laptops, servers and other endpoints,” says Fidelis Cybersecurity Senior Vice President of Products Brian Karney. “Immediate and long-term visibility is critical when it comes to limiting the damage attackers can do. With Fidelis Endpoint, security teams can immediately and retrospectively detect suspicious activity across endpoints and get one-click access to the related information they need to understand and act on that alert.”
Highlights of the enhancements included in Fidelis Endpoint 6.1 include:
- Real-Time Event Monitoring: The introduction of new centralized event monitoring provides real-time detection and visibility into what is happening on endpoints across the enterprise. With this release, Fidelis Endpoint now continuously records and streams key endpoint activities including file, process, registry, network, URL and DNS into a centralized event repository. In addition to improved detection, the historical event data holds valuable clues that let you trace an alert back to its original source. When you get new intelligence from Fidelis or your threat intelligence services, you can apply it to the historical events to detect if you’ve been compromised in the past.
- Enhanced Detection Engine: A new detection engine built on top of the centralized event monitoring system provides real-time threat detection. Detections are driven by a growing set of behavioral rules -- also known as indicators of attack and powered by the Fidelis Threat Research Team -- that can be configured to take automated actions, such as tagging for later review, isolating the machine, or acquiring RAM. The new detection engine supports third party/custom indicator feeds and has the ability to create custom behavior rules.
- Event Driven User Interface: When an attack occurs, a new event-driven user interface provides an interactive play-by-play view that shows how the incident unfolded so security teams can take appropriate action to resolve the issue. Users can also filter through data and quickly tag an event, see similar events, or easily create an alert rule when they discover something malicious to drive future and retrospective detections.
- Fidelis Network™ Integration: The introduction of event monitoring enhances the product’s integration with Fidelis Network. Now, when Fidelis Endpoint receives an alert from Fidelis Network, it automatically queries the event repository to determine what took place and validate the alert. Results happen within seconds and an alert rule is dynamically created to watch across others systems for the endpoint activity that triggered the Fidelis Network alert.
- Script Support for All Jobs: All jobs are now executed using the peer-to-peer script engine, which enables users to perform queries/jobs and receive results in near real-time across hundreds of thousands of endpoints.
- Enhanced Endpoint Context: Users can now quickly access additional context about endpoints of interest. This lets users quickly see who is currently logged into a system, the host name, IP address, OS, event data associated with a specific endpoint and the job history for a particular endpoint – all in one location.
“Until this release, users have been forced to choose between vendors who had optimized their endpoint products for query speed or real-time threat detection from centralized events, or endpoint forensics,” says Fidelis Cybersecurity Chief Technology Officer Kurt Bertone. “Fidelis Endpoint 6.1 is the first and only endpoint detection and response product with an architecture optimized to support all three of these use cases in a single product.”
Fidelis Endpoint 6.1 is generally available today.
- Contact Fidelis to schedule
- Watch our Fidelis Endpoint video for an overview
- Read the new Endpoint blog post on Threat Geek
- Visit the Fidelis Endpoint product page
- Read the Fidelis Endpoint datasheet
About Fidelis Cybersecurity
Fidelis Cybersecurity is creating a world where attackers have no place left to hide. We reduce the time it takes to detect attacks and resolve security incidents. Our Fidelis Network™ and Fidelis Endpoint™ products look deep inside your traffic and content where attackers hide their exploits. Then, we pursue them out to your endpoints where your critical data lives. With Fidelis you’ll know when you’re being attacked, you can retrace attackers’ footprints and prevent data theft at every stage of the attack lifecycle. To learn more about Fidelis Cybersecurity products and incident response services, visit www.fidelissecurity.com and follow us on Twitter @FidelisCyber.
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 28, 2017 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,436
Imagine having the ability to leverage all of your current technology and to be able to compose it into one resource pool. Now imagine, as your business grows, not having to deploy a complete new appliance to scale your infrastructure. Also imagine a true multi-cloud capability that allows live migration without any modification between cloud environments regardless of whether that cloud is your private cloud or your public AWS, Azure or Google instance. Now think of a world that is not locked i...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 361
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and atten...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 313
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 819
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 28, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 390
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,097
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,070
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to m...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 348
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 28, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,761
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,602
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 28, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,082
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,650
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,174
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 14,244
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 28, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,617