|By Business Wire||
|November 30, 2016 11:05 AM EST|
Optiv Security, a market-leading provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions, today announced the availability of Evantix 5.0, a major update of its proven Software-as-a-Service-based third-party risk management platform.
Optiv Evantix 5.0 is a fully integrated platform that helps organizations identify and manage inherit and residual risk associated with their third parties. The platform was built to allow organizations to more effectively and efficiently scale third-party risk management programs; monitor the risk assessment lifecycle of vendors, suppliers and business associates; and open and track remediation issues associated with those third parties. As a result, Evantix 5.0 helps organizations reduce costs and improve efficiencies associated with managing third-party risk.
“Enterprises rely heavily on their third parties to be successful, but managing risk associated with those external entities can be complicated and costly to businesses,” said James Christiansen, vice president of information risk management for Optiv. “Optiv’s Evantix platform expertly identifies and measures third-party risk by assessing relationship risk, business profile risk and control risk. The platform’s newest generation enables companies to shift the most time-consuming, costly and repetitive risk assessment activities back to suppliers, freeing organizations to focus on remediation, mitigation activities and other strategic initiatives.”
Optiv Evantix 5.0 was designed to help third-party risk management teams better manage their third-party portfolio across multiple companies, departments and users through consistent policies and processes. The platform’s key features include:
- A Customizable Dashboard – The platform offers a rich HTML interface, dynamic information tailored to meet user needs and a completely customizable dashboard that allows individuals to select the appropriate graphs and terminology that aligns with their business. These features combined with enhanced reporting capabilities offer organizations an intuitive and easy-to-use platform that enables quick decision-making related to third-party risk issues.
- Portfolio Management – Evantix can help organizations manage hundreds, to hundreds of thousands of third parties that interact with the company, providing the ability to quickly scale programs as needed. The platform helps inventory third-party relationships into a risk register allowing users to easily navigate and manage by applying filters and tags. Batch-upload functionality helps users easily upload thousands of vendors, suppliers or business associates into the platform so organizations can start the assessment process quickly.
- Assessment Management – This feature provides an “at-a-glance” view of in-progress and completed third-party risk assessments. Within Evantix, users simply categorize and launch assessment activity directly to the third party for completion and tracking. Organizations can access a collection of control models and choose a framework from industry standards such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), International Organization for Standards (ISO) and Shared Assessments. Delegation and auto account provisioning functionality for third-party and fourth-party contacts limits time spent creating accounts or the risks posed by sharing accounts.
- Validation Management – A fully integrated validation capability within the Evantix platform and workflow enables organizations to delegate multiple qualified individuals to validate third parties’ responses to risk assessment questionnaires completed via the platform’s online portal. Alternatively, if a client lacks resources to manage the validation process or prefers to outsource that capability to focus on more strategic efforts, Optiv provides comprehensive integrated services tailored to industry standards.
- Remediation Management – After completing validation activities, organizations can use the Evantix platform to help identify issues with third parties and build a remediation plan. Within the platform, clients can create and assign issues requiring remediation, communicate directly with third-party associates to negotiate remediation tactics and track progress to completion through Evantix’s automated logging platform.
- Renewal Management – To address challenges with managing the lifecycle of a third-party risk management program, Evantix allows for scheduled or on-demand risk assessment renewal alerts. This reduces the burden on the organization to track necessary assessment renewal timelines for up to hundreds of thousands of third parties, and offers those third parties the ability to provide updates rather than complete the entire assessment from scratch.
Optiv’s suite of third-party risk management solutions help organizations effectively plan, develop and manage third-party risk programs. Optiv’s comprehensive solutions enable organizations to operationalize their third-party risk approach no matter the maturity of their program and regardless of where the responsibility falls within the organization. These capabilities also help manage to the regulatory requirements and compliance standards relevant to the client’s industry.
About Optiv Security
Optiv is a market-leading provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions. We help clients plan, build and run successful cyber security programs that achieve business objectives through our depth and breadth of cyber security offerings, extensive capabilities and proven expertise in cyber security strategy, managed security services, incident response, risk and compliance, security consulting, training and support, integration and architecture services, and security technology. A Blackstone (NYSE: BX) portfolio company, Optiv maintains premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security technology manufacturers. For more information, visit www.optiv.com or follow us at www.twitter.com/optiv, www.facebook.com/optivinc and www.linkedin.com/company/optiv-inc.
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Mar. 29, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,045
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,389
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 29, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,464
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 29, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,169
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 29, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,083
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,365
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 8,456
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Mar. 28, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,451
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,735
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,838
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,223
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,333
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 28, 2017 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,493
Imagine having the ability to leverage all of your current technology and to be able to compose it into one resource pool. Now imagine, as your business grows, not having to deploy a complete new appliance to scale your infrastructure. Also imagine a true multi-cloud capability that allows live migration without any modification between cloud environments regardless of whether that cloud is your private cloud or your public AWS, Azure or Google instance. Now think of a world that is not locked i...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 455
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and atten...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 436