|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2016 08:16 PM EST|
NEW YORK, Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The third largest Smartphone market in the world currently, India is far from being saturated. With more than 185 million connections as of now and another half a billion to be added by 2020, the sheer scale of the market is attracting domestic and foreign players like and in the recent past. The industry has witnessed huge inclination of mobile handsets manufacturers to manufacture phones in India.
Low cost production due to cheap resource, proximity to markets and the huge market potential are the drivers to this inclination. As of March 2016, India has already taken the second position in the list of biggest markets globally after China, overtaking USA. The mobile ecosystem directly provided employment to 2.4 million people in India in 2015, both in the formal and informal sector. These statistics although are for the while mobile ecosystem and not only for handsets. With the current penetration of around 80% for mobile phones, India is set to achieve 94% penetration by the year 2020. In addition, the Smartphone segment is fast overpowering the feature phone segment and is set to grow from 148 million to 690 million.
The government in the recent time has shown explicit interest in the "Digital India" and "Make in India" plans and mobile manufacturers are to play an important part in that. The government aims at using the mobile penetration to contribute to the economic and social development in India by delivering digital inclusion to the still unconnected population, financial inclusion to the unbanked population and to deliver innovative apps and services. The recent plan of the government to launch a mobile application (app) which would serve as the single point access to all the governmental services is one prime example.
The in-house production of mobile phones would boost the economy and help the GDP of the nation. Also, the net import/export ratio would improve drastically. The "Digital India" plan has mainly three vision areas; digital infrastructure, digital empowerment and government services on demand. And these visions can be fulfilled only by high penetration of mobile networks and low cost availability of handsets.
Given the context of mobile phones in India, the main question arises as to what does it take to start production in a country. This report aims at answering this very question. Ranging from raw material availability, to labor abundance, to government policies, to domestic market; this report aims at contrasting these aspects in depth against the currents hubs (countries) of mobile production and highlights where India is lagging or leading with respect to its brethren. This report also gives an insight into the current domestic market of India. The segmentations based on phone type and various other customer attributes and their growth predictions of the future are also included in this report.
Scope of the Mobile Phone Manufacturing Market in India 2016-2020 Report:
- This report discusses prevailing scenario of India's mobile handset manufacturing market.
- This report identifies India's position global mobile manufacturing market
- This report provides segments wise forecast for mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- The report identifies various credit, policy and technical risks associated with mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report has detailed profiles 6 key players in mobile manufacturing industry in India covering their business strategy, future forecasts and SWOT analysis.
- This report covers in competitive landscape in mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report provides PESTLE (political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental) analysis for mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report provides Porter's Five Forces analysis for mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report provides SWOT (strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats) analysis for mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report identifies the key challenges faced by new players in mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report provides current and future trends and opportunities for mobile manufacturing industry in India.
- This report also provides key marketing strategies used by players in relation to mobile manufacturing industry in India.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04232960-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/indian-mobile-handset-manufacturing-market-expected-to-grow-at-a-cagr-of-49-by-the-year-2020-300371003.html
Mar. 25, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,524
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 430
Mar. 24, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 601
Mar. 24, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,482
Mar. 24, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,140
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 289
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,614
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,116
Mar. 24, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,298
Mar. 24, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,773
Mar. 24, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,268
Mar. 24, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 24, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 532
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 24, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,112