|By PR Newswire||
|December 1, 2016 08:00 AM EST|
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SmartDrive Systems, a leader in driving performance solutions that reduce collisions and improve fuel efficiency, today announced the latest release of its pioneering video-analytics platform and safety program. The new release sets the highest standard for video safety programs industry wide with first-of-their-kind enhancements to video capture and delivery, video coaching process, custom policy configurations and driver performance analytics. The new capabilities target high priority areas for fleets and deliver on top requests from existing customers, providing new levels of productivity and protection with an even faster ROI.
"Our singular focus is helping fleets be safer and more successful with video analytics. With this new release, SmartDrive delivers innovation that offers more—more protection, more insight, more access and more impact to a fleet's bottom line," said Steve Mitgang, SmartDrive CEO. "We believe there has never been a better time to add video safety from SmartDrive. Whether by reducing collision frequency, exonerating drivers, enforcing compliance procedures or lowering fuel costs, video with robust transportation intelligence is a game-changer for fleets everywhere."
Unlike other solutions, accessing the new SmartDrive capabilities does not require a costly "rip and replace" of existing hardware and back-end systems. Leveraging the platform's open, extensible architecture, all of the enhancements are available to customers within their existing solution footprint, which is further proof of the durability of the financial investment made with SmartDrive. As fleets evaluate solutions, driving adoption, accelerating time-to-insight, and expanding the ways that video can impact operational performance are important considerations that are rising to the top of their buying criteria. This new release builds on best-in-class usability and industry first protection to deliver additional, measurable value to customers.
Key enhancements of the latest solution release include:
More Protection – "Never Miss" with Extended Recording
- Extends industry-first capabilities that pair exception-based recording with optional DVR-like recording functionality, providing full situational context to fleets
- Expands recording duration and provides fleets the option to select from 100 hours (approximately eight days) to 200 hours (approximately sixteen days) of additional video context based on fleet needs
- Ensures video will not be overwritten, which is critical for fleets that do not return to home locations frequently or are required to maintain more video by regulations like CA PUC General Order 172
- Protects fleets in costly low impact collisions like side-swipes and backing accidents, and no-impact incidents including security and theft situations, compliance audits, workers compensation claims and delivery verification
More Insight – New "Best in Class" Enhanced Coaching Workflow
- Usability enhancements optimize coaching process and time spent while maximizing the impact driver coaching sessions
- Integrated contextual performance metrics throughout the coaching workflow puts KPIs front and center for coaches
- Driver scorecards with trended performance data, coaching history, and peer benchmarking pinpoint areas for improvement and facilitate productive coaching sessions
- "Prep Mode" provides an easy-to-use workflow to facilitate coaching preparation, enabling coaches to add notes for review by colleagues if necessary or give "kudos" for outstanding driving performance
- Skills-based or event-based coaching options provide the flexibility to individualize sessions to the needs of the coach or driver
More Access - Video On Demand
- Mobile support enables coaches to view video away from their desk, providing access when and where they need it most
- Shopping cart functionality allows fleets to order extended recording or on-demand video immediately when needed or schedule in advance, track the order and receive email status updates
- Map view of events makes it easy to pinpoint and select appropriate order timeframes
- Up to 24 hours of video can be ordered, providing fleets broad flexibility to support collision investigations, workers compensation or compliance issues, virtual ride-alongs or security related incidents
What SmartDrive Customers Have to Say
"Safety is our top priority at Bulldog Hiway Express and SmartDrive has made a difference already. The drivers have had a very positive reaction to video rolling-out at our fleet," stated Phil Byrd, president and CEO of Bulldog Hiway Express and former chairman of the ATA. "In one instance, a passenger vehicle crossed the center line and hit our truck. The video captured the vehicle driving erratically and exonerated our driver."
"The new workflow is very easy to use. Allowing coaches to coach our drivers on skills that need to be improved or on individual events helps them focus on what's important to that individual driver," said Paul Ross, vice president, America Waste Control, Inc. "This release shows that SmartDrive listens to its customers. They took feedback and implemented the features we most wanted to see in the program."
"The integrated metrics and driver scorecards clearly show where an individual driver stands against his or her peers. Showing them the metrics, coupled with the video, immediately adds credibility to the discussion with the driver," noted Jerry Peterson, safety manager, Bulldog Hiway Express
"The Extended Recording capability has changed how we investigate collisions and follow up on 1-800 complaints, and improved our ability to exonerate drivers," said Kevin Desmond, safety specialist, WAXIE Sanitary Supply. "We also use the solution as a virtual ride-along, randomly selecting video to get a broader sense of driving skills in the field. We use this video, along with event video, as an invaluable part of our quarterly safety awards program."
"We evaluated multiple vendors and Extended Recording was a key factor in our decision to choose SmartDrive. We are using it to investigate mystery damage at truck stops," said Jeff Cooney, vice president of safety, Lone Star Transportation, LLC. "More video context has also helped us to identify new training opportunities or procedural changes that we should make based on various situations we've seen in the field that we wouldn't see otherwise."
About SmartDrive Systems
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan's Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions, gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The Company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world's largest storehouse of more than 140 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, Calif., and employs over 500 people worldwide.
Contact or Follow SmartDrive on:
Email - [email protected]
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/smartdrivesystemsinc
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/smartdriveinc
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/smartdrivesystemsinc
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/smartdrive-systems
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smartdrive-raises-the-bar-for-video-safety-unveils-breakthrough-enhancements-that-accelerate-driving-insight-and-deliver-immediate-financial-results-for-fleets-of-every-size-300371236.html
SOURCE SmartDrive Systems
Dec. 11, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 724
Dec. 11, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 714
Dec. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,179
Dec. 11, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 669
Dec. 11, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 882
Dec. 11, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 1,159
Dec. 11, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 807
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 920
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,806
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,312
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,069
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 762
Dec. 11, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,059
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 11, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,755
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,350