|By Business Wire||
|December 1, 2016 09:00 AM EST|
Parallels® (www.parallels.com/about), a global leader in cross-platform solutions and creator of the No. 1-selling software for running Windows® applications on a Mac®, today launched Parallels Toolbox 1.3 for Mac, an upgrade that adds five new utilities to the stand-alone application which was released in August and is available exclusively online at www.parallels.com/toolbox. Parallels Toolbox, and its quarterly updates of new tools, is also included with subscriptions to Parallels Desktop for Mac.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161201005086/en/
“The feedback we received about Parallels Toolbox for Mac since its launch two months ago has been tremendous,” said Jack Zubarev, Parallels president. “We listen to and work closely with our customers. This is the first customer-inspired upgrade for Parallels Toolbox for Mac subscribers, as we continue to develop additional productivity tools for future versions that further simplify everyday computing experiences.”
Just in time for the holidays, Parallels Toolbox 1.3 for Mac adds five new utilities that help simplify everyday computing:
- Block Camera: Protect your privacy. Block or unblock all applications from accessing the built-in camera on a Mac in one click – no more adding and removing messy tape or stickers over the camera
- Eject Volumes: This allows users to eject all volumes, including external hard drives, memory cards, network volumes and mounted disk images with one click
- Launch: Users can configure the Launch tool to open any applications, folders, links, or other files, with just one click. Watch this Launch tool demo video: http://bit.ly/ParallelsToolboxLaunch
- Take Photo: Enables users to take photos immediately using the built in Mac camera
- Take Video: Users can record video immediately with the click of a button
Parallels Toolbox for Mac makes it easy to complete essential daily tasks with its 25 single-purpose tools, and quarterly updates of new tools, all for the low subscription price of a single app. From Mac newbies to power users, everyone can enjoy simply being more productive with this collection of well-designed tools and utilities. Details of the 20 additional tools follow below.
Existing Parallels Toolbox for Mac Utility Tools
- Hide Desktop: Hides icons on both the Mac desktop and Windows virtual machine desktops. Watch this Hide Desktop demo video: http://bit.ly/ParallelsToolboxHideDesktop
- Do Not Disturb: Disables notifications and animations in the dock
- Do Not Sleep: Prevents the computer from going to sleep
- Convert Video: Converts videos so they can be played on a Mac, iPhone or iPad
- Download Video: Download videos from YouTube, Facebook and more in one click
- Archive: Creates compressed archives from your files, to save space or easily share files
- Unarchive: Unpacks various file archive formats
- Record Area: Records video from a selected area on the screen
- Record Window: Records video from a single window – even if it is mostly hidden behind another window
- Record Screen: Records video of the entire screen
- Record Audio: Records audio from the microphone
- Lock Screen: Locks the Mac’s screen to prevent unauthorized access
- Capture Area: Allows users to take a screenshot of a part of the screen
- Capture Window: Take a screenshot of a single window – even if it is mostly hidden behind another window
- Capture Screen: Take a screenshot of the entire screen
- Alarm: Creates reminder alarms at a specific time with a notification and sound
- Date Countdown: Use to set up a countdown to a specific date, such as a birthday or deadline
- Stopwatch: Measure elapsed time
- Timer: Countdown from the specified time to zero
- Mute Microphone: Mute the computer’s microphone
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Toolbox for Mac, a stand-alone product featuring 25 single-purpose tools plus quarterly updates of additional tools and utilities, is available online exclusively at www.parallels.com/toolbox for $9.99 per year.
Parallels, a global leader in cross-platform solutions, makes it simple for customers to use and access the applications and files they need on any device or operating system. We help businesses and individuals to securely and productively use their favorite devices and preferred technology, whether it’s Windows®, Mac®, iOS, AndroidTM, Chromebook, Windows Phone, Linux, Raspberry Pi or the Cloud. Parallels solutions enable seamless delivery of virtual desktops and applications to any device, running Windows on a Mac, Mac management with Microsoft SCCM, and remote access to PCs and Macs from any device. Parallels has offices in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Visit www.parallels.com/about for more information.
Stay connected with Parallels and our online communities: Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/parallelsinc, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/parallelsmac and visit our blog at http://blog.parallels.com.
Parallels and the Parallels logo are registered trademarks of Parallels International GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,309
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 390
Mar. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,326
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 946
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,246
Mar. 30, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,191
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,448
Mar. 30, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,104
Mar. 30, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,624
Mar. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,229
Mar. 30, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,316
Mar. 30, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 704
Mar. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
Mar. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,596
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,304