|By Business Wire||
|December 1, 2016 09:01 AM EST|
McKesson will showcase its comprehensive suite of technology solutions and clinical expertise designed to help hospital and health systems pharmacy leaders improve financial outcomes, increase supply chain efficiency and leverage actionable insights, here at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting 2016, which runs from December 4–8, 2016. The McKesson Booth #2121 will host hands-on training sessions and solution demonstrations; and pharmacy consulting experts will be on hand for one-on-one discussions designed to show pharmacy leaders how improving pharmacy efficiency enables them to focus clinical staff on delivering quality patient care.
“Pharmacists are increasingly expected to champion initiatives designed to increase revenue and reduce costs while improving efficiency and patient care,” said Mark Eastham, Sr. Vice President and General Manager, McKesson Pharmacy Optimization®. “Our pharmacy team, a group of trusted advisors that work with health systems to help elevate the value that pharmacy brings to the health system, can help identify opportunities and work with hospital pharmacies to achieve success in critical areas such as patient safety and quality outcomes: rigorous financial performance, employee collaboration for operational efficiency, and integration of critical technology systems.”
Visitors to McKesson Booth #2121 will learn how the Power of “&” can work for them by taking advantage of the following opportunities:
- One-on-One Consulting: Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one conversations with McKesson Pharmacy Optimization consultants. During this time, attendees can learn about best practices and solutions to challenges ranging from supply chain efficiency, to specialty and ambulatory pharmacy, to 340B and drug spend analysis.
- Learning Labs: Additionally, McKesson experts will offer 10-minute hands-on training sessions to help customers manage drug shortages, drug spend and drug ordering. For a complete list of Learning Lab sessions and to register, click here.
Attendees can get a first-hand look at a number of solutions designed to address top pharmacy challenges.
- McKesson Health Systems: McKesson helps customers improve financial outcomes through its evidence-based programs, products and services including, pharmacy revenue cycle analysis and support, and indigent drug recovery solutions. In addition, McKesson’s supply chain management solutions such as its competitive generics portfolio, lean six sigma methodologies and training, timely drug shortage information, and single-source access to specialty products help customers increase efficiency and deliver measurable, time-saving results. McKesson provides actionable pharmacy insights through detailed drug spend analytics, 340B program management, improved billing accuracy and more.
- McKesson Pharmacy Technology and Services (MPTS): McKesson High Volume Solutions is pleased to announce the launch of Central Fill as a Service, or “CFaaS” at ASHP. Through a partnership with McKesson’s Distribution Solutions and Macro Helix, CFaaS allows hospital outpatient pharmacies to benefit from a central fill facility without the investment in equipment, inventory, or staffing. McKesson owns the equipment and inventory and assesses a fee to each prescription filled that is targeted to be a significant savings over normal filling costs. CFaaS helps to free staff time to focus on patient care and outcomes as part of the hospital care team. In addition, it enables the facility to dispense 340B prescriptions and receive 340B inventories (patent pending), and expand services to include specialty and long-term care. Leveraging CFaaS helps the health system become better at managing per capita costs, population health, and the overall experience of care. McKesson Pharmacy Systems is showcasing integrated solutions to improve pharmacy outcomes: Adherence Performance Solution and Clinical Programs Solution. The Clinical Programs Solution enables pharmacies to add and manage multiple clinical programs. Pharmacies can access third party programs within workflow from their pharmacy management system and set up custom clinical programs based on their patients’ needs. The Adherence Performance Solution online dashboard provides valuable data to help health system pharmacies act on payer performance criteria and help to improve patient outcomes through a focus on medication adherence. The pharmacy receives information right within workflow, regarding patients to target for an adherence program. The system also generates data to compare adherence performance of the pharmacy to the rest of the market segment to show the value of the pharmacy to preferred networks.
- McKesson’s automation partner, Parata, will be demonstrating its Parata Max® and Parata Mini® robotic dispensing technology to show how automation solutions can: fill scripts safely; prevent controlled-substance diversion; manage an increasing script volume; and store, monitor and track drugs safely and securely. Parata automation allows health system pharmacists to free up labor for other value-added activities, such as medication reconciliation consulting, patient education, and post-discharge interventions to improve patient outcomes. Parata’s PASS 208™ adherence strip packager and Check PASS inspection aide will also be featured within the McKesson booth to show how health system pharmacists can make it easy for patients to take the right medication at the right time, every time. PASS adherence packaging organizes medications the way patients take them, by day and time of dose, and empowers pharmacists to take a more proactive role in patient outcomes, avoid readmission for discharged patients, support common “med to bed” health system programs, and provide services to other health system entities such as a hospice or care center.
- McKesson Ventures: is proud to sponsor PipelineRx – the leading independent technology-enabled telepharmacy solutions provider serving nearly 300 acute and specialty hospitals. The Company’s pharmacy workforce solutions enable hospitals to dramatically increase operating efficiencies while ensuring medication efficacy, increasing patient safety, and improving clinical outcomes. PipelineRx differentiates its unique services via its integrated, private, cloud-based technology platform and its optimized, distributed telepharmacist network. McKesson Ventures is the venture capital arm of McKesson Corporation specializing in early and growth stage companies. McKesson Ventures targets companies that both catalyze and benefit from the key changes taking place in the U.S. health care landscape. Visit www.mckessonventures.com to learn more.
ASHP Poster Sessions and Presentations to Feature McKesson Solutions
ASHP will feature a number of McKesson customers and solutions in poster sessions and presentations covering the following topics:
- “One-year cost savings after an interchange from tiotropium to ipratropium/albuterol nebulizer solution in a community medical center,” Monday, December 5, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- “Data analysis to optimize primary national drug code at nine university health system ambulatory pharmacy locations for improved inventory management and cost savings,” Monday, December 5, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- “Distribution and inventory management of high-cost medications at a large academic medical center,” Tuesday, December 6, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- “Standardizing system-wide primary national drug code for improved inventory management and cost savings,” Sunday, December 4, 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- “Drug accountability using data and analytics for enhanced inventory management” (Session 245-L04), Tuesday, December 6, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. McKesson partners with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,243
MongoDB Atlas leverages VPC peering for AWS, a service that allows multiple VPC networks to interact. This includes VPCs that belong to other AWS account holders. By performing cross account VPC peering, users ensure networks that host and communicate their data are secure. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jay Gordon, a Developer Advocate at MongoDB, will explain how to properly architect your VPC using existing AWS tools and then peer with your MongoDB Atlas cluster. He'll discuss the secur...
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 943
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 30, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,188
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,446
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 30, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,103
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,624
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,229
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Mar. 30, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,316
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 697
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,535
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Mar. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,595
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 29, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,304
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,464
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 29, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,772
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 29, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,847