|By Business Wire||
|December 1, 2016 09:01 AM EST|
McKesson will showcase its comprehensive suite of technology solutions and clinical expertise designed to help hospital and health systems pharmacy leaders improve financial outcomes, increase supply chain efficiency and leverage actionable insights, here at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting 2016, which runs from December 4–8, 2016. The McKesson Booth #2121 will host hands-on training sessions and solution demonstrations; and pharmacy consulting experts will be on hand for one-on-one discussions designed to show pharmacy leaders how improving pharmacy efficiency enables them to focus clinical staff on delivering quality patient care.
“Pharmacists are increasingly expected to champion initiatives designed to increase revenue and reduce costs while improving efficiency and patient care,” said Mark Eastham, Sr. Vice President and General Manager, McKesson Pharmacy Optimization®. “Our pharmacy team, a group of trusted advisors that work with health systems to help elevate the value that pharmacy brings to the health system, can help identify opportunities and work with hospital pharmacies to achieve success in critical areas such as patient safety and quality outcomes: rigorous financial performance, employee collaboration for operational efficiency, and integration of critical technology systems.”
Visitors to McKesson Booth #2121 will learn how the Power of “&” can work for them by taking advantage of the following opportunities:
- One-on-One Consulting: Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one conversations with McKesson Pharmacy Optimization consultants. During this time, attendees can learn about best practices and solutions to challenges ranging from supply chain efficiency, to specialty and ambulatory pharmacy, to 340B and drug spend analysis.
- Learning Labs: Additionally, McKesson experts will offer 10-minute hands-on training sessions to help customers manage drug shortages, drug spend and drug ordering. For a complete list of Learning Lab sessions and to register, click here.
Attendees can get a first-hand look at a number of solutions designed to address top pharmacy challenges.
- McKesson Health Systems: McKesson helps customers improve financial outcomes through its evidence-based programs, products and services including, pharmacy revenue cycle analysis and support, and indigent drug recovery solutions. In addition, McKesson’s supply chain management solutions such as its competitive generics portfolio, lean six sigma methodologies and training, timely drug shortage information, and single-source access to specialty products help customers increase efficiency and deliver measurable, time-saving results. McKesson provides actionable pharmacy insights through detailed drug spend analytics, 340B program management, improved billing accuracy and more.
- McKesson Pharmacy Technology and Services (MPTS): McKesson High Volume Solutions is pleased to announce the launch of Central Fill as a Service, or “CFaaS” at ASHP. Through a partnership with McKesson’s Distribution Solutions and Macro Helix, CFaaS allows hospital outpatient pharmacies to benefit from a central fill facility without the investment in equipment, inventory, or staffing. McKesson owns the equipment and inventory and assesses a fee to each prescription filled that is targeted to be a significant savings over normal filling costs. CFaaS helps to free staff time to focus on patient care and outcomes as part of the hospital care team. In addition, it enables the facility to dispense 340B prescriptions and receive 340B inventories (patent pending), and expand services to include specialty and long-term care. Leveraging CFaaS helps the health system become better at managing per capita costs, population health, and the overall experience of care. McKesson Pharmacy Systems is showcasing integrated solutions to improve pharmacy outcomes: Adherence Performance Solution and Clinical Programs Solution. The Clinical Programs Solution enables pharmacies to add and manage multiple clinical programs. Pharmacies can access third party programs within workflow from their pharmacy management system and set up custom clinical programs based on their patients’ needs. The Adherence Performance Solution online dashboard provides valuable data to help health system pharmacies act on payer performance criteria and help to improve patient outcomes through a focus on medication adherence. The pharmacy receives information right within workflow, regarding patients to target for an adherence program. The system also generates data to compare adherence performance of the pharmacy to the rest of the market segment to show the value of the pharmacy to preferred networks.
- McKesson’s automation partner, Parata, will be demonstrating its Parata Max® and Parata Mini® robotic dispensing technology to show how automation solutions can: fill scripts safely; prevent controlled-substance diversion; manage an increasing script volume; and store, monitor and track drugs safely and securely. Parata automation allows health system pharmacists to free up labor for other value-added activities, such as medication reconciliation consulting, patient education, and post-discharge interventions to improve patient outcomes. Parata’s PASS 208™ adherence strip packager and Check PASS inspection aide will also be featured within the McKesson booth to show how health system pharmacists can make it easy for patients to take the right medication at the right time, every time. PASS adherence packaging organizes medications the way patients take them, by day and time of dose, and empowers pharmacists to take a more proactive role in patient outcomes, avoid readmission for discharged patients, support common “med to bed” health system programs, and provide services to other health system entities such as a hospice or care center.
- McKesson Ventures: is proud to sponsor PipelineRx – the leading independent technology-enabled telepharmacy solutions provider serving nearly 300 acute and specialty hospitals. The Company’s pharmacy workforce solutions enable hospitals to dramatically increase operating efficiencies while ensuring medication efficacy, increasing patient safety, and improving clinical outcomes. PipelineRx differentiates its unique services via its integrated, private, cloud-based technology platform and its optimized, distributed telepharmacist network. McKesson Ventures is the venture capital arm of McKesson Corporation specializing in early and growth stage companies. McKesson Ventures targets companies that both catalyze and benefit from the key changes taking place in the U.S. health care landscape. Visit www.mckessonventures.com to learn more.
ASHP Poster Sessions and Presentations to Feature McKesson Solutions
ASHP will feature a number of McKesson customers and solutions in poster sessions and presentations covering the following topics:
- “One-year cost savings after an interchange from tiotropium to ipratropium/albuterol nebulizer solution in a community medical center,” Monday, December 5, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- “Data analysis to optimize primary national drug code at nine university health system ambulatory pharmacy locations for improved inventory management and cost savings,” Monday, December 5, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- “Distribution and inventory management of high-cost medications at a large academic medical center,” Tuesday, December 6, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- “Standardizing system-wide primary national drug code for improved inventory management and cost savings,” Sunday, December 4, 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- “Drug accountability using data and analytics for enhanced inventory management” (Session 245-L04), Tuesday, December 6, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. McKesson partners with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 10, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,773
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 10, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 5,476
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 10, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,505
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,254
"We analyze the video streaming experience. We are gathering the user behavior in real time from the user devices and we analyze how users experience the video streaming," explained Eric Kim, Founder and CEO at Streamlyzer, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 773
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 548
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Dec. 10, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 715
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 1,104
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 558
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,392
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 585
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,530
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,320
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 511
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 10, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 2,272