|By Business Wire||
|January 12, 2017 08:31 AM EST|
RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today announces Emmy Award-winning writer and current Late Night host Seth Meyers will be the closing entertainment for RSA Conference 2017 in San Francisco, CA.
In addition to the closing by Mr. Meyers, RSA Conference will include an all-star lineup of keynote sessions that includes:
- Interview with Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Alphabet Inc: Gideon Lewis-Kraus, author of "The Great A.I. Awakening” will interview Eric Schmidt, the Executive Chairman of Alphabet Inc, the company that owns Google Inc and other technology businesses. Schmidt joined Google in 2001 as its CEO, and helped grow the company from a Silicon Valley startup to a global leader in technology. He is a regular speaker and writer on topics related to the future of technology, with a focus on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Keynote Panel: The Seven Most Dangerous New Attack Techniques, and What's Coming Next: SANS Panelists Ed Skoudis, Michael Assante, Johannes Ullrich and moderator Alan Paller will provide audiences an update on the most dangerous new attack techniques, how they work, how can they be stopped and how to prepare for what’s coming next. This fast-paced session will provide answers from the three people best positioned to know them: the head of the Internet Storm Center, the top hacker exploits expert/teacher in the U.S., and the top expert on cyber attacks on industrial control systems.
- The Cryptographers’ Panel: Moderated by Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research division of Rambus, the panel will include Ron Rivest, MIT Institute Professor; Adi Shamir, Borman Professor of Computer Science, The Weizmann Institute, Israel; Whitfield Diffie, Cryptographer & Security Expert, Cryptomathic; and Susan Landau, Professor of Cybersecurity Policy and Professor of Computer Science at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Attendees will join the founders and leaders of the field for an engaging discussion about the latest advances and revelations in cryptography, including research areas to watch in 2017 and new threats facing the field of cryptography.
“If anyone thought RSA Conference would take its foot off the gas pedal after our 25th anniversary, they may be underestimating our dedication to enhancing and improving our content,” said Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager, RSA Conference. “This year’s keynote lineup is one of our strongest to date including some of the most influential people in our industry, and in the mainstream media. Our programming is guaranteed to spark conversations that start on our show floor and end with innovative technologies and approaches that will shape the years to come.”
Additional keynotes at RSA Conference 2017 will include:
- Mark McLaughlin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Palo Alto Networks
- Matt Moynahan, Chief Executive officer, Forcepoint™
- Zulfikar Ramzan, Chief Technology Officer, RSA
- Dame Stella Rimington, formerly Director General of the Security Service (MI5)
- Brad Smith, President and Chief Legal Officer, Microsoft
- Terence Spies, HPE Distinguished Chief Technologist, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Dr. Hugh Thompson, Chief Technology Officer, Symantec
- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysicist, Author and Television Personality
- David Ulevitch, Vice President, Cisco’s Security Business Group
- Christopher D. Young, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Intel Security
For additional information on RSA Conference 2017 please visit: https://www.rsaconference.com/events/us17
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 20, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,065
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,635
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,113
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 583
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,726
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,232
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,588
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,573
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,184
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,345
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,648
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,833
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 20, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 760
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,086
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,701