|By Marketwired .||
|January 12, 2017 09:00 AM EST|
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/12/17 -- Snowflake Computing, the only data warehouse built for the cloud, today announced another year of record growth in 2016 as it continues to beat enterprise data warehouse and big data vendors by supplying the best technology and the best architecture at the best price. Snowflake increased its customer base by 90 percent and executed nearly two billion customer queries, totaling more than one million hours of cloud processing time. All of this performance happened at speeds and with an ease of use that transformed the customer experience when compared to all other data warehouses.
In addition, customer data storage in Snowflake surged by over 300 percent in 2016, with multiple customers storing more than one petabyte of data and still experiencing the fastest and most affordable data warehouse on the market. All of Snowflake's innovation and success in 2016 culminated in December, when Snowflake was ranked the #1 cloud data warehouse, beating all of the largest data warehouse vendors in the market across six product attributes.
"We've made major strides in 2016 to deliver on our promise of providing the most powerful, affordable, accessible and flexible cloud-build data warehouse for enterprises big and small," Snowflake CEO, Bob Muglia said. "Through significant product developments, partnerships and programs, and further building our world-class team, we've done just that. We continue to knock down the technology, access and cost barriers to storing all of your data in one location for fast, affordable and limitless data analytics. At the end of the day, nothing should stop you from being a data-driven enterprise."
Snowflake's 2016 competitive, product, customer, partner and corporate milestones include:
- Beat competitors, including Google BigQuery, Teradata, IBM dashDB, HPE Vertica, Microsoft Azure SQL, SAP HANA and Oracle Exadata, to take the top spot in Gigaom Research's review of enterprise cloud data warehouses: "Sector Roadmap: Cloud Analytic Databases 2017."
- Reduced cloud storage pricing by 80 percent to make Snowflake the most affordable data warehouse available. Promised continued price reductions to match S3 pricing from Amazon Web Services, Snowflake's cloud storage provider. Organizations of all sizes no longer have a cost barrier to storing all of their data in one location.
- Announced enterprise-grade security features, including support for HIPAA compliance and federated authentication to deliver a new standard in built-in security for data platforms.
- Issued a comprehensive set of features to eliminate the manual and administrative overhead and complexity associated with managing and protecting data warehouses for multi-structured big data. These features include automatic concurrency scaling, results caching, time travel, and adaptive data management.
- Acquired new customers from a variety of industries including HotelTonight, PDX, Rue La La, Telltale Games and University of Notre Dame.
- Announced Snowflake On Demand, a fast and simple sign-up process for data users of any type to have easy access to the most affordable and effective data warehouse. Available since November, Snowflake On Demand has dramatically increased the pace at which customers sign up and start using Snowflake.
- Established new cloud deployment of Snowflake in the EU (Frankfurt) region to address European customer demand.
- Expanded partner ecosystem with the announcement of Snowflake's new solution partner program.
- Added several new strategic partnerships with SnapLogic, Looker, Tableau, MicroStrategy and Informatica.
- Developed optimized and certified connectors for a broad array of tools including Apache Spark, Node.js and Python, expanding Snowflake's integration into the larger data and analytics ecosystem.
- Achieved AWS Big Data Competency in Advanced Analytics partner status through proven customer success and technology proficiency.
- Received leading industry accolades and recognition including the Startup Big 50, CRN's Tech Innovator and Emerging Tech Vendors, and the San Francisco Business Times' 'Best Places to Work.' Snowflake's CEO, Bob Muglia, was also named to the Silicon Valley Business Journal's Power Executives list of 2016 and to CRN's Top Midmarket IT Vendor Executives list for 2016.
- Added key executives including Denise Persson, chief marketing officer; Sameet Agarwal, vice president of engineering; and Barbara Walkowski, chief legal officer. Snowflake also welcomed Jeremy Burton and Kevin Wang as new board members.
Snowflake's momentum demonstrates the growing realization among enterprises that traditional data warehousing solutions, on-premises and cloud, are obstacles to becoming data-driven organizations. Frustrated by the challenges of outdated technology, businesses are shifting to Snowflake to acquire the best architecture, technology, service and price.
- Snowflake Computing: snowflake.net
- Snowflake Twitter: twitter.com/SnowflakeDB
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/snowflake-computing
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/snowflakecomputing
- Google+: http://goo.gl/WQbQp2
- Snowflake is hiring: http://www.snowflake.net/about/careers/
About Snowflake Computing
Snowflake Computing is the only data warehouse built for the cloud. Snowflake delivers the performance, concurrency and simplicity needed to store and analyze all of an organization's data in one location. Snowflake's technology combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits. Find out more at snowflake.net.
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,167
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,141
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 272
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 902
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 992
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,093
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,701
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,165
SYS-CON Events announced today that Twistlock, the leading provider of cloud container security solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Twistlock is the industry's first enterprise security suite for container security. Twistlock's technology addresses risks on the host and within the application of the container, enabling enterprises to consistently enforce security policies, monitor...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,512
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,632
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 363
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,289
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,999
While some vendors scramble to create and sell you a fancy solution for monitoring your spanking new Amazon Lambdas, hear how you can do it on the cheap using just built-in Java APIs yourself. By exploiting a little-known fact that Lambdas aren’t exactly single threaded, you can effectively identify hot spots in your serverless code. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, David Martin, Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will give a live demonstration and code walkthrough, showing how to o...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 302
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,603