|By Marketwired .||
|January 12, 2017 11:22 AM EST|
ROSEMONT, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 01/12/17 -- The 19th annual Food Safety Summit will offer many new education sessions and features when the event returns to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois on Monday, May 8 - Thursday, May 11. This must attend event for growers, processors, retailers, distributors, foodservice operators, regulators and academia offers a solutions-based conference and expo designed to meet the educational and informational needs of the entire food industry.
"There are many new additions being offered at the 2017 Food Safety Summit including six FSPCA, AFDO and NEHA certification courses; a half-day workshop on listeria control; extended exhibit hall hours; a dynamic Keynote Presentation on hot topics in food safety; expanded solutions stage schedule; newly explored case studies; and over 200 solutions providers on an expanded show floor," said Scott Wolters, Director, Tradeshows & Conferences, BNP Media, producers of the Food Safety Summit. "Registration is now open and we invite all involved in the industry to join to us to learn about solutions for today and start to plan for tomorrow."
Highlights of the 2017 Food Safety Summit program include:
- Certification and Training Courses - The Food Safety Summit seeks to help advance knowledge among the food industry to meet FSMA requirements and to help all members of the food industry get the training they need to do their jobs. Click here to learn about the certification courses available for Produce Safety, Seafood HACCP, Preventive Controls for Animal Food, Foreign Supplier Verification, Preventive Controls for Human Foods and Auditor Training.
- Workshops - There will be several hands-on learning opportunities in four half-day workshops to kick off the conference education program, which allows for more extensive and interactive education with expert panelists and industry peers.
- The Latest in Listeria Control - This workshop is designed for participants to learn control strategies for Listeria and ultimately prevent future outbreaks. The four-hour course will offer insight from a dynamic line-up of speakers and also an antiseptic sampling demo.
- Preventive Controls and Sanitary Food Transportation Act (SFTA): The Basics and Sustainment - This workshop will focus specifically on Preventive Control vs. Pre-requisite programs for Warehouse & Transportation, Food Defence, Sanitation as a Preventive Control for Warehouse & Transportation and Cold Chain Management in an interactive format for learning.
- A Guide to Success as a Food Safety Professional - Based on the recently published book, Food Safety - A Roadmap to Success, learn how to get the resources needed to protect the brand, customers, consumers and shareholder values.
- Integrated Food Safety System Update - Join the Association of Food and Drug Officials for discussions and testimony for establishing a fully integrated food safety system from leading Federal, State and Local agencies (strategic partners) who will provide an update on the public health goal of a safer food supply.
- Education and Extending Your Community - The 2017 program, developed by the Summit's Education Advisory Board, will offer 22 sessions covering important topics including FSMA, Food Defense, The Food Code, Foodborne Outbreak Investigations, Menu Labeling, Supply Chain Management, and more, plus two general session presentations in the Keynote Theater and 14 free presentations in the Solutions Stage theaters, located right on the show floor.
- Keynote Presentation: Hot Topics in Food Safety - Hear from a dynamic panel of speakers from industry and government who will address the most important issues facing food safety professionals including the implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Litigation, International Implications of the FSMA Rules, and Corporate Commitment on Wednesday, May 10 from 9:15 - 10:30 am. Speakers include Kathy Gombas, formerly with the FDA; Jeffrey Steger, US Department of Justice; Shawn Stevens, Food Industry Council, LLC; Craig Wilson, Costco Wholesale Corporation; and Dave Gombas, formerly with United Fresh Produce Association. Dane Bernard, Bold Bear Food Safety, will moderate the session.
- Networking Sessions - Networking is one of the top reasons for attending the Food Safety Summit, so what better way to kick off the event than with a Welcome Reception right on the exhibit hall floor on Tuesday evening and on Wednesday, May 10 from 5:30 - 7 pm attend an evening reception to raise money and awareness for Feeding America®, the nation's leading hunger relief organization.
- Town Hall - Back by popular demand, the Town Hall offers Summit attendees the unique opportunity for a candid and interactive discussion on the latest food safety issues with key officials representing the FDA, USDA, AFDO and CDC. The panel includes Alfred V. Almanza, Department of Agriculture; Joseph Corby, Association of Food and Drug Officials; Dr. Robert Tauxe, CDC; and Dr. Stephen Ostroff, U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Gary Ades, G&L Consulting Group, will moderate this general session.
- Exhibit Hall - Access to 200+ solutions providers demonstrating cutting-edge products and technologies in food safety, providing hands-on demonstration and face-to-face conversations with knowledgeable staff.
Registration is open and the full conference program is now available live at www.foodsafetysummit.com.
About the Food Safety Summit
The Food Safety Summit will be held Tuesday, May 9 through Thursday, May 11, 2017 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Certification Courses will begin on Monday, May 8, 2017. The event is produced by BNP Media (www.bnpmedia.com), one of the country's leading business-to-business media companies serving professionals across 50+ industries. Details and registration information are available at www.foodsafetysummit.com.
For further information, Contact:
Media Relations Contact
978-475-4441 (office) or 978-502-4895 (cell)
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 30, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,807
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 30, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,617
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 30, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,382
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 30, 2017 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,650
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 30, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,205
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,452
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Apr. 30, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,256
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 9,267
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,432
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 30, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,105
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,468
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,438
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,038
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,219