|By Business Wire||
|February 16, 2017 09:00 AM EST|
InfoVista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, today announced updates to its Application-Aware SD-WAN solution, with the release of Ipanema 9.1. By providing richer application performance analytics and easier configuration of dynamic path selection, Ipanema 9.1 simplifies enterprise SD-WAN implementations and enables enterprises to deliver a greater user experience for business-critical applications as part of their digital transformation. The new software release follows a record year of Ipanema deployments.
In the fourth quarter of 2016, InfoVista shipped the largest number of Ipanema appliances in its history for a single quarter, and in the second half of the year, 50 percent of new customers used the solution to deploy SD-WANs. The Ipanema solution now supports an estimated 300,000 enterprise sites around the world. Ipanema was also named a "Visionary" in Gartner's 2016 "Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization" for the sixth consecutive year (Gartner, Inc. Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization, Bjarne Munch, Neil Rickard, 16 May 2016).
In 2017, InfoVista expects to continue Ipanema’s growth through new deployments, partner agreements, industry accolades and product enhancements which will build on the release of Ipanema 9.1. With improved visualization, the software release provides granular Application-Aware SD-WAN analytics with unparalleled visibility into application performance and trended user experience. The feature is supported by statistics, filtering options, and real-time plotting. These enable intelligent decision making to ensure application performance for the digital enterprise looking to grow network capacity and deploy new applications such as unified communications, collaboration, and SaaS into the network.
The update also introduces a single screen for configuring global dynamic path selection rules for application profiles, boosting ease-of-use and allowing enterprises to better define application policies with fewer clicks. Furthermore, with enhanced virtualization support, Ipanema 9.1 now supports virtual appliances for KVM in addition to VMware, providing added flexibility for InfoVista partners and customers.
- “Hybrid WAN is becoming the new norm for businesses in the Applications Era,” according to Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst with ZK Research. “Enterprises undergoing digital transformations require unparalleled visibility and control of their applications to fully leverage these hybrid networks. Application aware SD-WAN solutions that maximize the user experience while providing easy-to-use management tools will allow enterprises to realize the full business value of hybrid WAN architectures.”
- “2016 was a hallmark year for Ipanema,” said Sylvain Quartier, senior vice president of product management and markets, InfoVista. “The momentum we saw last year gave us a solid foundation upon which we can continue developing our software to exceed customer needs. We’ve started doing that already with Ipanema 9.1, which reflects two major customer demands: ease-of-use and high visibility into how application performance on the network fluctuates in the moment and over time. With new mechanisms to expose greater volumes of performance data and promote seamless SD-WAN configuration and deployment, Ipanema drives an overall improvement in the delivery of a consistent and positive user experience for applications like Skype for Business, Office 365, Salesforce and others.”
- Learn more about how Ipanema delivers innovative and comprehensive Application-Aware SD-WAN solutions to guarantee application performance across enterprises’ large and complex networks.
- Download and read Ovum’s whitepaper, “Software-centric, application-aware networking is part of the enterprise digital transformation,” to learn more about why application performance is the key to a successful digital transformation.
- Watch InfoVista’s webinar with ZK Research, “Discover Application-Aware Networking for the Application Era,” on-demand.
- Visit the “Hybrid WAN Zone” hosted by TMCnet and sponsored by InfoVista, for more resources on SD-WAN.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
InfoVista is the leading provider of cost-effective network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world. Our award-winning offering empowers eighty percent of the world’s largest communications service providers, top mobile network operators, leading global enterprises and regulatory bodies worldwide to ensure a high-quality user experience by achieving optimal network performance and guaranteeing business-critical application performance. InfoVista’s expertise and innovations provide a new level of actionable network, application and customer intelligence, visibility and control across all services, all technologies, and all domains of both the fixed and mobile networks. Using our solutions, our customers deliver high-performing and differentiated services, plan and optimize networks to match application and service demands, benchmark their performance, and streamline network operations while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible.
Feb. 21, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 206
Feb. 21, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,405
Feb. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 861
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,575
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 7,556
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,595
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,344
Feb. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,571
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,269
Feb. 21, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,274
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 718
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,045
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,345
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,922
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,203