|By Dynatrace Blog||
|February 21, 2017 10:56 AM EST|
We’re happy to announce the beta release of Dynatrace PHP-FPM monitoring! Dynatrace PHP-FPM monitoring provides information about connections, slow requests, and processes. Now you’ll know immediately if your PHP-FPM is underperforming. And when problems occur, it’s easy to see which hosts are affected.
To view PHP-FPM monitoring insights
- Click Technologies in the navigation menu.
- Click the PHP tile.
- To view cluster metrics, expand the Details section of the PHP-FPM process group.
- Click the Process group details button.
- On the Process group details page, select the Technology-specific metrics tab.
- Select a relevant time interval from the Time frame selector in the top menu bar.
- Select a metric type from the metric drop list beneath the timeline to compare the values of all nodes in a sortable table view.
- To access node-specific metrics, select a node from the Process list at the bottom of the page.
- Click the PHP-FPM tab.
Additional PHP-FPM node monitoring metrics
More PHP-FPM monitoring metrics are available on individual Process pages. Select the Further details tab to view these metrics.
Here you’ll find additional PHP-FPM charts for Requests, Input buffering, and Processes.
When the number of total active processes reaches the Total processes limit, new scripts are prevented from running until the problematic processes have completed. The maximum number of Waiting connections defines the maximum number of connections that will be queued. Once this limit is reached, subsequent connections are refused or ignored.
|Accepted connections||The number of connections accepted by the pool|
|Slow requests||The number of requests that have exceeded the
|Waiting connections||The number of requests in the queue of pending connections|
|Max number of waiting connections||The size of the pending connections socket queue|
|Active processes||The number of active processes|
|Total processes||The number of idle + active processes|
- Linux OS or Windows
- PHP version 5.5.9+
- PHP-FPM Status Page must be enabled on all nodes you want to monitor.
Enable PHP-FPM monitoring globally
With PHP-FPM monitoring enabled globally, Dynatrace automatically collects PHP-FPM metrics whenever a new host running PHP-FPM is detected in your environment.
To monitor more than one pool, type the URIs of the individual PHP-FPM status pages (separated by spaces) into the Status page URI field. All PHP-FPM instances must have a correct status page URI reference.
- Go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies.
- Set the PHP-FPM switch to On.
- Click the ^ button to expand the details of the PHP-FPM integration.
- Define a status page URI(s).
- Click Save.
Enable PHP-FPM monitoring for individual hosts
Dynatrace provides the option of enabling PHP-FPM monitoring for specific hosts rather than globally.
- If global PHP-FPM monitoring is currently enabled, disable it by going to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies and setting the PHP-FPM switch to Off.
- Select Hosts in the navigation menu.
- Select the host you want to configure.
- Click Edit.
- Set the PHP-FPM switch to On.
Your feedback about Dynatrace PHP-FPM monitoring is most welcome! Let us know what you think of the new PHP-FPM plugin by adding a comment below. Or post your questions and feedback to Dynatrace Answers.
Mar. 23, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,380
Mar. 23, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 641
Mar. 23, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,269
Mar. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,287
Mar. 23, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,442
Mar. 23, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,759
Mar. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,589
Mar. 23, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,702
Mar. 23, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,196
Mar. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,082
Mar. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,448
Mar. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,373
Mar. 23, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,186
Mar. 23, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,122
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,686