|By PR Newswire||
|April 20, 2017 12:00 PM EDT|
SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Interop ITX, the independent conference for tech leaders, announced its robust Keynote lineup for its Las Vegas event next month. The event will host a wide range of Keynote presentations from Otto Berkes, executive VP and CTO at CA Technologies and the first architect of Xbox, to Andrew McAfee, principal research scientist at MIT and New York Times best-selling author, among others. Keynotes will commence on Wednesday with a lineup of presentations focused on how the industry has progressed to the current state of IT, followed by Thursday presentations surrounding the future of IT and what's to come. Presentations will offer unparalleled insights from all speakers based on their unique backgrounds and experiences.
Interop ITX will take place May 15-19, 2017 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV. For more information and to take advantage of pre-conference pricing, please visit: interop.com
Day 1 Keynotes: Wednesday, May 17, 8:30 – 10:00 AM
- Otto Berkes, Executive VP and CTO, CA Technologies: is responsible for technical leadership and innovation, further developing the company's technical community, and aligning its software strategy, architecture and partner relationships to deliver customer value. Otto previously held positions with Microsoft and HBO where he led efforts responsible for Xbox and HBO Go.
- Kevin Mandia, CEO, FireEye: serves on FireEye's Board of Directors and is the founder of Mandiant, the company acquired by FireEye in 2013. Previous roles he's held include director of computer forensics at Foundstone, director of information security for Sytex and the United States Air Force, where he was a computer security officer in the 7th Communications Group at the Pentagon.
- Chris Wolf, Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry, VMware: is responsible for driving the execution and communication of the Office of the CTO's vision internally and externally, supporting VMware's global field teams on all CTO evangelism and representing VMware's technical vision to customers, partners and analysts.
Day 2 Keynotes: Thursday, May 18, 8:30-10:00 AM
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT: is a principal research scientist at MIT and studies how digital technologies are changing business, the economy, and society. His 2014 book, The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies, was a New York Times bestseller and was shortlisted for the Financial Times/McKinsey business book of the year award.
- Susie Wee, VP and CTO of DevNet Innovations, Cisco: is the founder of DevNet, Cisco's developer program for infrastructure and application developers, which catalyzes innovation by the developer ecosystem. DevNet covers networking, cloud, data center, security, collaboration and IoT. Susie was previously VP and Chief Technology and Experience Officer of Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group and was founding VP of Enterprise Software Business and CTO at HP as well as Lab Director at HP Labs.
- Talent & Culture: Lightning Talks + Panel Discussion: These 5-minute lightning talks and panel discussion will dive into how recruitment, people management and culture are paramount to any successful organization and how leaders are finding this to be their biggest challenge. Each of these speakers will offer their thoughts on the complexities of building a strong team and culture.
- Moderator: Ester Frey, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, Amazon
- Olga Braylovskiy, Vice President, Workforce Technology, Intuit
- Janine Gianfredi, Former Chief Marketing Officer, U.S. Digital Service at the White House
- Ed McLaughlin, Chief Information Officer, Mastercard
To learn more about this year's keynotes as well as view the current 2017 program lineup, visit: interop.com/keynotes
About Interop ITX
Interop ITX is the industry's most trusted independent Conference focused on Full Stack IT education for technology leaders. The event continues the 30 years Interop has dedicated to providing IT decision makers with a trusted environment to learn, collaborate and uncover new strategies and solutions they need to lead their teams and their businesses through constant change and disruption. Employed by a Conference-first model, Interop ITX offers both breadth and depth of content to a broad IT audience across core areas: Infrastructure, Security, Cloud, Data & Analytics, DevOps, and Leadership & Professional Development. For more information, visit interopitx.com. Interop ITX is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/interop-itx-explores-the-current-and-future-state-of-it-with-2017-keynotes-from-cisco-mit-ca-technologies--more-300442560.html
SOURCE Interop ITX
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,681
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,239
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,486
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,748
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,097
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,154
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,186
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 957
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,707
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,106
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,010
SYS-CON Events announced today that Twistlock, the leading provider of cloud container security solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Twistlock is the industry's first enterprise security suite for container security. Twistlock's technology addresses risks on the host and within the application of the container, enabling enterprises to consistently enforce security policies, monitor...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,526
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,169