|By Business Wire||
|April 21, 2017 08:04 AM EDT|
Stryker’s Spine division will exhibit its comprehensive suite of spinal products at the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) Annual Scientific Meeting, April 22–26, 2017, at the Los Angeles Convention Center (booth No. 1301). This exhibition includes a number of advanced spinal products and technologies that Stryker’s Spine division has introduced in the past year. The company also will offer a Lunch-and-Learn educational program for AANS members attending the meeting.
“This is an exciting time, both for the field of spinal surgery and for Stryker’s Spine division,” said Bradley Paddock, President of the company’s Spine division. “Our expanding portfolio of spinal procedural innovations and differentiated technologies demonstrates our commitment to bringing state-of-the-art products to physicians and their patients. We will continue to increase and strengthen our leadership position in this segment and are thrilled to showcase our latest technology advances at the AANS conference.”
Stryker’s Spine division’s products offer advancements for both traditional and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Recently introduced technologies that will be highlighted at the meeting include:
- The Tritanium Posterior Lumbar (PL) Cage, a 3D-printed interbody fusion device designed to aid in lumbar spinal fixation for patients with degenerative disc disease, including up to Grade 1 spondylolisthesis, and degenerative scoliosis. It is manufactured using Stryker’s proprietary Tritanium Technology, which allows for the creation of porous structures that are designed to mimic cancellous bone in pore size, level of porosity, and interconnectivity of the pores.1 The cage is now offered in a variety of new sizes, which were introduced at the 2017 AAOS conference in March.
- Aero-C Cervical Stability System (Aero-C), the only StraightForward anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) device that offers uniform compression across the interbody space.2 Using Aerofoil™ Compression Technology, Aero-C is designed to pull the vertebral bodies toward the implant as it is inserted, creating compressive forces at the implant-to-endplate interface.2
- Xia CT (Xia 4.5 Cortical Trajectory), which includes implants and instruments used in less invasive LITe LIF posterior lumbar interbody fusion procedures for patients with degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis, and trauma. The cortical trajectory procedure facilitates a smaller midline incision to help achieve decompression, fixation, and fusion.3 It also is intended to be more muscle sparing than standard open procedures that require lateral dissection, and its reduced incision may allow for more efficient exposure and closure time.3
- The LITe BIO Delivery System, a hand-held device used to facilitate delivery of bone graft material to spinal surgery sites, simplifies graft delivery, accommodates a surgeon’s preferred graft materials,4 and allows for direct visualization of graft placement. The unique design of the LITe BIO Delivery System provides surgeons with a single-handed method to deliver any type of autograft, allograft, or synthetic bone graft material without obstructing visibility. The innovative delivery tool provides tactile, visual, and audible confirmation of bone graft delivery, and the mallet-free system eliminates the impaction of bone graft.
Stryker’s Spine division will host the Lunch-and-Learn seminar, “Tritanium: A Novel Highly Porous Titanium Alloy for Interbody Fusion Procedures,” Monday, April 24 from 1:10–1:55 p.m. The seminar will be presented by Matthew J. McGirt, M.D., from the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of North Carolina.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world. Please contact us for more information at www.stryker.com.
1. Karageorgiou V, Kaplan D. (2005) Porosity of 3D biomaterial scaffolds
and osteogenesis. Biomaterials, 26, 5474-5491.
2. PROJ0000050417 Aero-C Anchor Induced Compression Testing Design Iteration Memo
3. Lee GW, Son JH, Ahn MW, Kim HJ, Yeom JS. (2015) The comparison of pedicle screw and cortical screw in posterior lumbar interbody fusion: a prospective randomized noninferiority trial. The Spine Journal 15, 1519-1526.
4. FDA Cleared Indications for Use: The LITe BIO Delivery System is intended to deliver autograft, allograft or synthetic bone graft materials to all orthopaedic surgical sites.
Stryker Corporation or its divisions or other corporate affiliated entities own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Aero, Aerofoil, LITe, StraightForward, Stryker, Tritanium, and Xia. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.
Content ID TRITA-PR-7_13958
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,340
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 801
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 16,315
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 27, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,299
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,426
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,280
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,447
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,463
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,647
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,231
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,050
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 27, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 888
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 27, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,890
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,112
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,273